If Erectile Dysfunction meds work, is it psychological?

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

Since last summer when my problems began Erectile Dysfunction has become a problem for me. I do get morning wood although some days I do not but the spontaneous erections are almost completely vanished. I should add that I suffer from stress depression and anxiety. However last night I took 50mg of Sildenafil and low and behold I felt like a teen again. Hence my question, if meds like this work is there a chance my problems are all in the head? You know I really don't wanna become dependant on Erectile Dysfunction meds because even then there's a chance everything will stop working without them. Any thoughts?
30 years. Sudden rightwards curve detected in June 2020
Narrowing on right side and about a 20° curve to the right.
ED + instability due to narrowing.

LWillisjr

Depression and anxiety clearly can have an effect on your erection quality.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Interstellar50

The first thing to do is don't worry. Erectile dysfunction supplements can help you. then you will get better  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Hawk

Like most causes of ED, psychologically-based ED occurs on a spectrum from minimal to significant.  So yes, an ED drug can increase erection intensity in any man.  That includes those with no ED to those with different degrees of ED regardless of the cause.

Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

FlavioSousa

Quote from: Sonic on August 11, 2021, 10:06:30 AM
Since last summer when my problems began Erectile Dysfunction has become a problem for me. I do get morning wood although some days I do not but the spontaneous erections are almost completely vanished. I should add that I suffer from stress depression and anxiety. However last night I took 50mg of Sildenafil and low and behold I felt like a teen again. Hence my question, if meds like this work is there a chance my problems are all in the head? You know I really don't wanna become dependant on Erectile Dysfunction meds because even then there's a chance everything will stop working without them. Any thoughts?

Stress, depression and anxiety are major causes of ED but they are easily treatable. And yes, morning erections may indicate that there's nothing physically wrong with you but only your doctor can say for sure.

Even if your condition is purely psychological, a doctor (urologist) will be able to help you. Go see a doctor, if you haven't done it already.

I battled sexual performance anxiety for more than 10 years but I was able to overcome this curse. And if I could do it, so can you. Good luck!
Psychogenic ED (coital anxiety), 40+yo. Current regimen: udenafil 200mg, oral phentolamine mesylate 40 mg, Seredyn.