No wrap after first shot of Xiaflex?

Previous topic - Next topic

Lefty83

had my first shot of Xiaflex yesterday.... went far better than i expected....it didnt feel good, but i built it up far worse in my mind.  I was drenched in sweat by the time my doc came in.  HOwever, when i was done, he didnt wrap my penis... just told me to get dressed and he'd see me monday for my 2nd shot.

Great doctor, but i was reading here on some pretty adverse issues if you removed the bandage early.  Should i be concerned i just came home ... bare?  
45degree Left Curve
Xiaflex, first round

BrettC

I actually wrap myself, and you may want to if you notice you get any swelling.  Just buy some tape at the drug store - like an ACE bandage type material and wind it around to keep your swelling in check.  Also next time ask him why no wrap.  Maybe he has a reason... but it's really easy to do yourself, and I actually do better than my doc.  His wrapping always fell off in a matter of an hour or two.  
52 years old
Diagnosed 5 years ago with an upward curve of 60-65 degrees.
Completed one full round of treatments with Xiaflex (8 injections)  Measured curve 40-45 degrees after that
Using Restorex and took oral medications as well (Pentox Cials)

Flatten_the_curve

You definitely want a stretchy, self-adhesive bandage like a 3M Coban wrap to minimize swelling. Don't use an ace bandage type thing that can't stretch to accommodate erections. Funny wrap too tight.
33 yo
Committed Partner
Onset late 2020
60 degree leftward bend
One Xiaflex course (2 injections) 6/23/21, 6/29/21
Painful swelling & hematoma following injection 2
Results unknown but unlikely to continue treatment

Benraycamp0

26 years old. 20 degree upward curve with slight clockwise twist. Symptoms onset Dec 20.
Dr. Levine says it's not Peyronie's Disease but a slow healing wound. Saw him Mar 21 and May 21.
Traction (PMP) and supplements per Dr. Levine's recommendation.

bustedchubb

Very great points and shows the difference between run of the mill uro's and a dedicated master like Dr. Trost.
45 Yrs old, Peyronies Disease Onset 11/2019, Stabilized 6/2020.

Dent/Hourglassing distal and dorsal side, lost length and girth.

Underwent Plication with Dr. Brian Christine in Birmingham, AL on 6/17/2021. Fully recovered with no complications.

Benraycamp0

Right! It's also important to note that Dr. Trost invented his own protocol for doing Xiaflex which maximizes results.

I think this video should be discussed with your urologist if he/she is not following several of his steps.
26 years old. 20 degree upward curve with slight clockwise twist. Symptoms onset Dec 20.
Dr. Levine says it's not Peyronie's Disease but a slow healing wound. Saw him Mar 21 and May 21.
Traction (PMP) and supplements per Dr. Levine's recommendation.

Lefty83

thanks everyone!  I have shot #2 today... after the first shot, there was no bruising, no swelling, no pain... wondering if today will be different. im going to ask why if he doesnt wrap.

last appointment, he said he might have to give me a shot to induce an erection today to check things out... really hoping i can avoid that... as few shots in my member as possible would be ideal.
45degree Left Curve
Xiaflex, first round

fib112

I also had the same experience, which is why I am here looking through the forum. No wrap after shots 1 and 2. Also, I have zero pain and zero bruising. Currently just less than 24 hours after shot 2.

My penis bends upwards from a plaque that I think is located before the head, however the shot was administrated below it and the needle pointed towards the base so that as the needle was pulled out the xiaflex would be released along the path of the retracting needle, along the length of the penis. But, not where the bend occurs. Kind of tough to tell when flaccid, though.

I'm hoping that the xiaflex will make it's way to the problem area. I'm surprised I had no wrap, no swelling, and zero pain. Hoping this is not an indication that the plaque was not affected by the procedure.

How did things work out for you in the end?
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

richestorags

Coming in with a counterpoint here....I had Xiaflex shots administered 03/16 and 03/17 by Dr. Trost. All wrapping advice was followed. Early morning 03/22/2023 while unwrapped, for some reason I got an erect!0n and blew up like a balloon. It stopped all Restorex progress, hurt like hell and I was black and blue for days. I actually asked Dr. Trost if this was gangrene. I am not a doctor and can not give medical advice, however, hindsight being 20/20 I would have wrapped at night far longer than initially recommended. The photos alone are enough to make one lose their lunch, let alone how much it hurt. Xiaflex is not joke.  
-Peyronies Disease onsite 11/2021
-Xiaflex inections by Dr. Trost 03/16/2023 & /03/17/2023 + aggressive RestoreX use
-Pre treatment curve 70 degrees, post-treatment curve estimated at 20 degrees by Dr Trost 04/11/2023
-Daily Restorex use to prevent recurrence