Niacin + taurine

Previous topic - Next topic

markdubby

Anyone seen this?

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9490651/

Taurine and Niacin downregulate Tgf beta in mice helping with fibrosis, both cheap supplements easily available!
30, ~20-30 degrees right bend beginning of 02/2021. Small plaque under gland on right side of the shaft
04/21 Plaque right side under glans
07/21 plaque by base
10 deg curvature at base + narrowing
1.8 g Citrulline 2-3 g ALCAR, 6-8h daily with PM

NeoV

Taurine is absolutely anti-fibrotic and good for the penis / metabolic disorder, so nice find!

I have recommended it a few times to other men but never tried it, and they never tried it either. Interesting, it's only found in meat, as it's a "carninutrient" along with carnitine etc. Try it out. Niacin is good too.

That said, almost everything blocks tgf-beta.

howtheheck

Isn't Taurine a product marketed years ago as a weight loss supplement?  Now it is used in almost every style/type of energy drink?  Or am I thinking of something else?  Seems this needs to be taken in moderation if this is the case.
56 years old.  Westerner (Expat) living in China, Single, 4/21 start. Various natural topicals & orals, will use home ESWT machine.  05/24 started TCM with TCM herbs acupuncture.  06/02/21- Restorex, also noticed slight dorsal curve late 06/21

Paolo

taurine improves insulin sensitivity and also stimulate connective tissue synthesis.

Abdominal fat accumulation, hyperglycemia, and insulin resistance were significantly lower in the taurine-supplemented group than in the un supplemented group.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10617946/

Taurine supplementation improves erectile function in rats with DED probably by potential antifibrotic activity. This finding provides evidence for a potential new therapy for DED.
https://www.jsm.jsexmed.org/article/S1743-6095(16)00318-0/pdf

Wouldn't use more than 1-3g and probably cycle it now and then, make sure it's marked as 'free form'.
Paul.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

howtheheck

I am 100% about outside of the box treatments for a disease that is supposedly non curable, but what do these above studies say?  4-5 Monster/Red Bull drinks a day for 3-6 months or until progress is seen?

That's what I equate taurine as.....So outside the box vs. weighing the studied risks are important.  Anyone can go to the web and find multiple studies about the risk of taurine.  You actually do not have to put the word "risk" in your search, it comes up as the main results without.  

Anyway, if you try it- I wish nothing but success and good health!  
56 years old.  Westerner (Expat) living in China, Single, 4/21 start. Various natural topicals & orals, will use home ESWT machine.  05/24 started TCM with TCM herbs acupuncture.  06/02/21- Restorex, also noticed slight dorsal curve late 06/21

markdubby

not sure that comparison makes much sense hah, red bull has loads of other ingredients too!

a quick search shows that taurine has little to no side effects!
30, ~20-30 degrees right bend beginning of 02/2021. Small plaque under gland on right side of the shaft
07/21 plaque by base

markdubby

also interestingly, niacin has a flush effect that dilates capillaries on the skin. in the context of microdosing psychedelic mushrooms (not endorsing this in any way  :-X :-X) this is thought to take the active principles around the body to the extremities

could it be useful with all the supplements we take to take them to the extremity we need to?  ;D
07/21 plaque by base