Hydrogen Therapy

Previous topic - Next topic

Ewrecked

I recently embarked on a hydrogen therapy routine. Breathing the gas and drinking the hydrogen water. I'm about 5 days in and have noticed way less inflammation. Over the 2ish years I've tried it all. Electric toothbrush, dmso and oils. Serrapeptase and arginine. Vitamin E. Keto. Fasting. Massage. The embarrassing doctors visits. I have photos pre hydrogen therapy and will document as I go. Our bodies are 62% hydrogen and it is said to be an antioxidant. If I have any positive results I will gladly share. If I have any negative results I'll also share! This sub has been a great source of information and comfort and hopefully one day I can pay it forward in some way. Keep on keeping on friends.  
Diagnosed Oct 2019. 80 degree upward curvature with hour glassing. Declined surgery for a natural approach.

PeyroniKirai

I've seen hydrogen therapy used for cases of ischemia-reperfusion, the medical term for the rush of blood back into sections of the brain after a stroke.  The biochemical details are beyond my capacity to understand, but essentially, when a patient has a stroke, the blood supply is cut off (ischemia) to part of the brain tissue and that tissue suffers damage.  Then, when blood supply is suddenly restored (reperfusion), lots of things happen that aren't always good:  the sudden rush of oxygen can actually damage the cell membranes, the DNA, and other parts of the cells.  Also, white blood cells come rushing in and while they are only trying to fix things, they may bind to capillaries and clog them again.  

There has been some experimental evidence to suggest that hydrogen therapy can help reverse some of the damage when the blood flow starts again.  This has mostly been cited however for neurological damage, which is not what's happening in Peyronie's disease.  With Peyronie's, the damage is to the tunica, which is a highly elastic fibrous membrane.  It's an interesting thought that hydrogen might help this, but it sounds like a real long shot.  

The fact that the body contains a lot of hydrogen (63% or so) is simply because the body is about 63% water.  There is nothing magic about hydrogen; it is the simplest element, the main component of stars, and the most plentiful element in the universe.  90% of the atoms in the universe are hydrogen, making up 75% of the universe by weight.  So I wouldn't get too fired up about hydrogen per se.

Can you share with the forum if this therapy has been prescribed by a doctor or a health professional, and if that person has given you any logic or background?  Hey - if it works for you I'll be the first to try it, but if you can share it would be great to have more details.
Age 64, Peyronie's history 4 years, left side hourglass, 20-degree bend to left, no ED

Ewrecked

That's a great response and highly informative! In regards to whether or not a doctor or medical professional has recommended the hydrogen therapy the answer is no. I've honestly lost a bit of faith in regards to the current state of the medical system, mostly due to my own experiences and with the malpractice on some of my family members and their untimely deaths. My urologist is amazing and supports my adventures into alternative medicine, I will be keeping her updated with my progress. It's definitely too early to tell if there has been any positive results thus far with my use of hydrogen water and breathing the gas, it could be coincidence but I have noticed my denting and hourglassing has reduced to a point where I'm OK with it, though I'm still reaching for the stars and aiming to see permanent progress as time goes on. I'm going to give this half a year or so and will report back if anyone is interested.  
Diagnosed Oct 2019. 80 degree upward curvature with hour glassing. Declined surgery for a natural approach.