Masturbation causing peyronies

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolGuyMoist

I've been doing masterbation for about 2 years but I never over did it to the point I did it more then once a day. I've never had sex in my lifetime. Is it a possibility that I got peyronie's from masterbating in this time frame?
Think I have peyronies
Flaccid and erection shrunk
Curve not huge enough to fully tell if it's peyronies

Benraycamp0

From your signature line and previous posts, it doesn't sound like you have been diagnosed with Peyronie's Disease. Have you been to a urologist?

Any action that could cause microtrauma or injury to a penis can trigger Peyronie's Disease. This includes sex, masturbation, or even sports. Remember that Peyronie's Disease is a wound healing disorder.
26 years old. 20 degree upward curve with slight clockwise twist. Symptoms onset Dec 20.
Dr. Levine says it's not Peyronie's Disease but a slow healing wound. Saw him Mar 21 and May 21.
Traction (PMP) and supplements per Dr. Levine's recommendation.

CoolGuyMoist

I went to the urologist and they said it was all mental.But as time is going by nothing has changed so I keep feeling like I have peyronies.
Think I have peyronies
Flaccid and erection shrunk
Curve not huge enough to fully tell if it's peyronies

Nolte94

Yes, it's possible. But if you have Peyronies Disease, nobody can tell. You haven't written enough about you and your condition.
26 years old, first symptoms since August 2020, 45° bend to the left, hinge effect and pain at the beginning
‐---
Daily Tadalafil
Traction with PMP
VED with one cylinder
Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Tensiologes, Coq10 and healthy food
----
Only 5-10° left 🥳

LWillisjr

Nolte,
Sorry but I need to disagree with you. I know other forums have guys that post that they think masturbation caused their peyronies. And in some cases some of these guys might not even have Peyronies but they think they have some issue they think is Peyronies. And I just don't buy it. Peyronies is caused by trauma to the Tunica which most likely happens during rough sex combined with a weak erection. Making you more prone to injury. And as Peyronies can take weeks or months to actually present itself, then most men can't connect a particular event with what caused their peyronies. If masturbation caused this then the percentage of men would be MUCH higher.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Benraycamp0

@LWillisjr:

If you can injure yourself during rough sex, then you can certainly injure yourself during rough masturbation.

That being said, it seems many guys who masturbate and develop Peyronie's Disease with no recollection of a specific injury will blame their masturbation habits because we feel that must be the culprit since we think it's this bad habit we keep doing. Unfortunately, some men will never know what event actually caused their Peyronies Disease.

Since Peyronies Disease is a wound healing disorder, even small unnoticeable injuries can trigger full blown Peyronies Disease. That certainly can happen during both sex or masturbation.

Also, a weak erection is not required to develop Peyronie's Disease. A misthrust during sex with a hard erection that causes pain is a traumatic event.  
26 years old. 20 degree upward curve with slight clockwise twist. Symptoms onset Dec 20.
Dr. Levine says it's not Peyronie's Disease but a slow healing wound. Saw him Mar 21 and May 21.
Traction (PMP) and supplements per Dr. Levine's recommendation.

Nolte94

The trauma can be caused by rough sex and rough masturbation. Many men can't even tell, which action caused their Peyronies Disease. I don't even know, why I've gotten this crap. It would be naive to think, only sex could cause the disease, because in reality, we don't know much about it.
26 years old, first symptoms since August 2020, 45° bend to the left, hinge effect and pain at the beginning
‐---
Daily Tadalafil
Traction with PMP
VED with one cylinder
Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Tensiologes, Coq10 and healthy food
----
Only 5-10° left 🥳

LWillisjr

I think we can agree that it would need to be really rough masturbation that somehow would simulate a misthrust or pelvic bone hit. I'm not ruling it out completely. But we've had people on and off the forum over the years who are anxious and over think this. I completely agree that we don't know what causes this crazy disease. So I am always hesitant to let someone believe if they keep masturbating that they might get Peyronies.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History