Does untreated Penile Fracture lead to chronic pain without scarring?

Previous topic - Next topic

orriw

I have pain since my penis fracture 3 yeas ago and wonder if this does usually cause chronic pain with out scars/ plaques that can be seen in an MRI or ultrasound. Because all the urologist i've seen could see none to almost no scar tissue. I wonder if there is no scar tissue what is causing the pain?
26y, injured at 21 :/

Reinjured late 2019 when having sex with weak errection.
No curvature, but rotation of the base to the left about 30degrees
Main problem: chronic flaccid pain.

Trying different stuff now

bustedchubb

It certainly can.  Even if you don't have much scarring, there most likely was nerve trauma and or disruption in your neurovascular bundle that didn't quite heal correctly.   Also, if you were in alot of pain for an extended amount of time, your brain may be ghost paining you.  Lastly, there is a condition called pudental nerve entrapment that could be at play based on your fracture.   I dealt with pain since the onset of my Peyronies Disease, and it only got somewhat better after 6 months of pelvic floor physiotherapy and daily pelvic floor stretches that target CPPS(Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome).
45 Yrs old, Peyronies Disease Onset 11/2019, Stabilized 6/2020.

Dent/Hourglassing distal and dorsal side, lost length and girth.

Underwent Plication with Dr. Brian Christine in Birmingham, AL on 6/17/2021. Fully recovered with no complications.

orriw

Thank you for the good answer i will follow the path of pelvic floor / reverse kegel exercises.
You talk about nerve damage that didnt heal..... sounds about right to me. I guess this nerve damage can not be seen in an ultrasound or MRI?
I wonder what to do now..... ghost pain, yeah of course a possibility. How can i stop that?
And if the pain is from nerves that didnt heal correcct, will they ever heal correct or what can be done about that? Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp  :o
26y, injured at 21 :/

Reinjured late 2019 when having sex with weak errection.
No curvature, but rotation of the base to the left about 30degrees
Main problem: chronic flaccid pain.

Trying different stuff now

bustedchubb

I would tackle it one step at a time and be patient and see what is working and not working.  I honestly thought I was F'd in the spring of 2020 when the chronic pain was destroying me. I couldn't get relief for nothing, but then I found out about the pelvic floor exercises and my urologist thought that getting physiotherapy would help, and after 6 months it did get better.  It never went back to no pain, but I was certainly in far better shape than I ever thought I could have been.  

Check these out if you get a chance, I do them daily:  
https://www.pelvicpain.org.au/easy-stretches-to-relax-the-pelvis-men/?v=ef10366317f4

Also, see if you can get a used copy of the book called "Headache of the Pelvis".  

Lastly, on youtube, a channel called "Uptown Mike" actually had a series of videos with his journey that helped me.  No, he didn't have Peyronies Disease, but he got CPPS just like I did during the active phase of my Peyronies Disease case.
45 Yrs old, Peyronies Disease Onset 11/2019, Stabilized 6/2020.

Dent/Hourglassing distal and dorsal side, lost length and girth.

Underwent Plication with Dr. Brian Christine in Birmingham, AL on 6/17/2021. Fully recovered with no complications.