Consultant appointment

Previous topic - Next topic

davie159

Good evening.

I developed Peyronies around 2 1/2 years ago and in my opinion the bend in my penis is very severe. Penetrative sex is Impossible and masturbation is difficult and sometimes uncomfortable. My partner does perform oral sex on me however the peyronies has shortened the length of my penis quite considerably. My penis was about 7" erect however the length of shaft after the curve is only around 2 to 3 inches. I am not circumcised.

Due to Covid restrictions I have waited quite a long time to speak with the surgeon who is based at The Western General hospital in Edinburgh / Scotland. The consultant I spoke with locally  recommended surgery when he made my referral. My question is, what can I expect at my appointment on 22nd June. I have been asked to provide a couple of pictures of my erect penis to allow the surgeon to see the severity of the bend. Bloody embarrassing but essential.

I pray I can get help as I feel a part of my life has been deleted over the past couple of years. I've made the mistake of looking at pictures on the internet and I believe I'm as bad if not worse than those poor guys.  I look forward to any information you can provide.

Kind regards.

David.  
Developed Peyronies 2019.

Prior to noticing curve my penis was around 7" uncircumcised
The bend has shortened my penis considerably

Penile implant (Coloplast) surgery on 28/06/23 by Mr Shukla at the Western General, Edinburgh.

Benraycamp0

Welcome to the forum! Glad you decided to join in and ask your questions.

Please read through our Survival Guide as it has a ton of useful information about this condition -  https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php?topic=3180.0

Could you please take a minute to fill out your signature line? It's hard to remember your case details out of 20,000 members. You can find instructions here - https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,10819.0.html

Couple questions for you so we can better help you:

How old are you?
Have you ever measured the curvature? You can use a protractor to measure it.
Any pain during erections?
Did the deformity progress since the onset (when you first noticed the deformity 2.5 years ago)? Or did it just onset with a deformity and never progress after that?
How long has the curve been stable (not change)?
Any erectile dysfunction?

Don't feel embarassed about showing your erection pictures to a doctor! They have seen hundreds of men's penises.

Generally speaking, most men are encouraged to attempt nonsurgical treatments (oral therapies, traction, Xiaflex) before surgery. However, if the bend is very severe, some doctors will encourage going straight to surgery if you have a stable deformity for 6-12+ months. The types of surgery are plication, grafting, and implants.

26 years old. 20 degree upward curve with slight clockwise twist. Symptoms onset Dec 20.
Dr. Levine says it's not Peyronie's Disease but a slow healing wound. Saw him Mar 21 and May 21.
Traction (PMP) and supplements per Dr. Levine's recommendation.

Hawk

I would add that you would never go with plication since it is guaranteed to shorten you more.

As you describe your bend a 50% improvement would not restore intercourse so it is unlikely anything short of surgery will work.

If you are under 40 yrs old with solid reliable erection you should consider excision and grafting surgery.  I f you are over 40 or your erections are substandard or unreliable you should likely consider an implant.  These are of course general guide lines.  In either case you need and expert, high volume surgeon specializing in the surgery you choose.  This mean he does more than 100 per year with very good results.

Hawk
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums