Possible implant in the future

Previous topic - Next topic

AverageBloke

Hi All,

I'm considering the option of a penile implant in the future if conservative treatments such as Traction, VED and oral medications don't help. I have a 30 degree dorsal and 30 degree curve to the right with multiple plaques. I've read a lot of the implant journals on the forums which has led me to want Dr Eid to do my surgery in the future if needed.

I'm currently 22 years old and I'm worried that Dr Eid may no longer be working by the time I need an implant. Would anyone know somewhat of an answer to the following questions?

1) How old is Dr Eid and will be he working for the next 5-10 years?
2) If Dr Eid retires is there a doctor he has been training up to take his place at Advanced Urological Care?
3) How many revisions can one person receive?

Thank You
Peyronie's Disease
Titan Touch 22cm - Dr Clavell 06/04/22

Hawk

Dr. Eid is near or at retirement age but still VERY active and involved in his work.  I would feel as comfortable with Dr. Andrew Kramer.

IF you have solid, reliable erections I would strongly consider excision/grafting surgery by a high volume expert surgeon -  Primarily because of your age.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Benraycamp0

I think there are a good number of high volume implant surgeons around that you don't have to worry. Remember that implants aren't only for Peyronies Disease patients but mainly for Erectile Dysfunction patients who outnumber Peyronies Disease patients significantly. I'd look into Dr. Clavell in Houston and Dr. Yafi in California.

As far as revisions, a young guy I know in his 20s just did his video consult with Dr. Eid. Dr. Eid's youngest patient was 17. He said he's had men do 6 revision surgeries, and didn't think there was some limit on the number of revisions one could get. That being said, the young guy I'm talking about who is considering an implant has a severe hourglass deformity with progressive deformity and pain for 2 years.

Definitely give the nonsurgical treatments a shot, you also have Xiaflex as an option. If none of those work, you'd need to have a conversation with a surgeon about plication and grafting surgeries as well as implants.
26 years old. 20 degree upward curve with slight clockwise twist. Symptoms onset Dec 20.
Dr. Levine says it's not Peyronie's Disease but a slow healing wound. Saw him Mar 21 and May 21.
Traction (PMP) and supplements per Dr. Levine's recommendation.

AverageBloke

Hey Hawk and Benray,

Thanks for your responses. I'm really against surgery and injections that still leave you with the possibility of recurring Peyronie's/deformity. It really is a lot to go through and you take the chance of becoming worse. I was stable for years with no pain but my curvature affected me mentally so I decided to try verapamil and that ended up worsening my condition.

I'll try all the conservative treatments for a while before I decide to get implanted. I have good erectile function and I'm still young so the sky is the limit. An implant seems like the ultimate fix but it is something I will try to hold off until later in life to save myself multiple revisions.
Peyronie's Disease
Titan Touch 22cm - Dr Clavell 06/04/22

Hawk

Even if you are committed to getting an implant, traction and VED should help you gain some  of your lost size and possibly get a larger implant .  That makes it them a good place to start.  maybe you will get enough improvement you don't need/want an implant.  You have nothing to lose.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Stepone

My personal advice is, if you DONT have erection problems, DONT get an implant.
I love my bionic penis. I can have sex for hours if I want to and can easily be rock hard in seconds. And I have a thicker penis than I ever had!
But I could not maintain an erection, therefore sex was not very rewarding for either of us.
I also had some hour glassing, so an implant for me has been one giant success.
Best wishes for you.
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC