Keto worries

Previous topic - Next topic

dontgiveup2021

So long story short, i started keto in the end of april. In may i was moderately keto( eating vegetables time to time, eating a lot of cheese). Since the beggining of june i went full carnivore ( only meat and eggs) . Last week i went to take a blood test and today when my results arrived , i noticed a big raise in cholesterol ( 308, normal values 150-240) , an increase in total protein level and an increase in uric acid. Regarding my results, i couldnt sense any major improvememts in peyronie... there are of course days when the swelling gets much better and the veins look normal again, but i d rather put it on abstaining from masturbation than on keto. Also keto caused me constipation . What should i do? Continue with keto? I also took recently a lot of carnitine and pine bark. For me it passed almost 1 month and 2 weeks without major improvements , but i consider the cholesterol spike more dangerous than peyronie. As you all know, high cholesterol level increases the risk of heart attacks and so on.
It s a strange thing because before my cholesterol level used to be actually in the lower level something like 140-150. Anyway , me personally, i dont recommend keto as a lifestyle. I dont consider it a healthy diet, anyone can say whatever they want , but i heard no
Doctor in this world recommending keto on long term.
23 years old
Injured my penis 7th March 2021
2 lumps on each side of the penis, one at the base , the other on the top of the penis. Curved Penis. ED since before injury( probably psychological)
Currently taking arginine, carnitine, pine bark, cq10

Mr man

Hello,
You may be having too much protein for a keto diet? It's only supposed to be 20% of you diatery intake. You mentioned a high 'meat' intake.

Am on keto and also suffering constipation and large bowels, but am researching roughage that can be sprinkled on food. Sometimes persistence is required.

Keto is temporary for me. Reviewing every 6 months.

Keto does seem to work for me. However, it may not be working for you? Try traction. You do need to give it a full 6 months. For it to work.

Hope it works out in the end. Peyronie's is difficult to fix.

All the best.

Mr man
Latest routine. Started l-lysine 3mg daily, l-proline 5mg daily. Increased vit c intake. Accompanied with almost daily vacuum therapy. Pumping to 100% Exercise caution! Made good progress. L arginine supplements and prescribed potaba are helping.

NeoV

This is all false worries.

It takes about three months to get your body to stop being carb reliant and learn how to PROPERLY use fats.
Raised cholesterol is normal, and cholesterol is not bad for you. If anything, LDL cholesterol is protective of both cancer and Alzheimer's.

The issue is vLDL or remnant cholesterol, which is when the LDL particles are small and dense. No doctor does a test for this because of big pharma's interest. What causes atherosclerosis is actually inflammation (due to metabolic dysfunction) from blood sugar and plant oils.

You cannot say that you don't recommend keto if you've only done it for a month, and have near zero knowledge on how metabolism works.

Check out Dave Feldman on cholesterol, or simply watch ANY YouTube video explaining how this works.

You should only be concerned about your HDL to trig ratio, which always improves on keto.
I recommend "What I've Learned" on cholesterol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7zWNabebxs

I also recommend the book Big Fat Surprise by Nina Tolchez. Get on the ketoscience subreddit.

dontgiveup2021

Quote from: NeoV on June 30, 2021, 05:48:33 AM
This is all false worries.

It takes about three months to get your body to stop being carb reliant and learn how to PROPERLY use fats.
Raised cholesterol is normal, and cholesterol is not bad for you. If anything, LDL cholesterol is protective of both cancer and Alzheimer's.

The issue is vLDL or remnant cholesterol, which is when the LDL particles are small and dense. No doctor does a test for this because of big pharma's interest. What causes atherosclerosis is actually inflammation (due to metabolic dysfunction) from blood sugar and plant oils.

You cannot say that you don't recommend keto if you've only done it for a month, and have near zero knowledge on how metabolism works.

Check out Dave Feldman on cholesterol, or simply watch ANY YouTube video explaining how this works.

You should only be concerned about your HDL to trig ratio, which always improves on keto.
I recommend "What I've Learned" on cholesterol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7zWNabebxs

I also recommend the book Big Fat Surprise by Nina Tolchez. Get on the ketoscience subreddit.

I dont want to discourage anyone from trying this diet. It s alright , give it a try,but me personally i dont agree with lifestyle keto, it s nonsense. I read many subredit posts about keto.... if you check on vegan subredit you will see they say exactly the same, that vegan lifestyle helps u and so on. Everybody supports his own theory, or keto or vegan. Keto can reduce the swelling, it did for me, it s true, but it s working as long as you eat like this... when you go back to carbs, the penis swelling returns, so keto is not good in fixing the disease itself, only reducing the symptoms for a limited amount of time.
Along with high cholesterol, it increased also the uric acid which can lead to gout ( gout and peyronie are highly linked one to each other, as is diabetes). Also during the 2 months i was on keto, i experienced nasty muscle spasms ( even though i was drinking plenty of water 3-4 l per day)
So, this is only my 2 months experience on keto. If it works well for u, fine, i am happy , but it doesnt mean it fixes peyronie in any way. Me personally i switched to 24-48 h water fastings instead of keto and i avoid sugar.
I dont see any problem in healty complex carbs.
23 years old
2 lumps on each side of the penis, one at the base , the other on the top of the penis. Curved Penis. ED since before injury( probably psychological)

NeoV

2 months on keto is simply not enough. I can't take that seriously. Veganism is a cult owned by big pharma and the grain and sugar industries. If you read enough, you'll see that diabetes is caused by blood sugar and not meat / fat. This is absolutely clear.

dontgiveup2021

Quote from: NeoV on July 10, 2021, 10:49:08 AM
2 months on keto is simply not enough. I can't take that seriously. Veganism is a cult owned by big pharma and the grain and sugar industries. If you read enough, you'll see that diabetes is caused by blood sugar and not meat / fat. This is absolutely clear.
Yep, you are right. Diabetes.... not peyronie. Not every peyronie case is related to people who have diabetes or are prone to diabetes. As well as many persons i know that have diabetes didnt develop peyronie as well ... In my case i know my peyronie s cause and it s not blood sugar for sure.
But yes i agree with the fact that when it comes to people who have diabetes and also peyronie , keto is the best option, foremost for diabetes.
23 years old

IWIDHPD

dontgiveup2021 - I don't have an opinion on the connection between diet and Peyronies Disease (new to this), but I will share that over the last decade I've experimented with my diet due to a desire to leave the limitless SAD (Standard American Diet). I think the Blue Zone food guidelines are quite sound. It may be something to look into if you've not discovered that yet.

https://www.bluezones.com/recipes/food-guidelines/
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions