Are you supposed to pump beginning with an erection, semi-erection or flaccid?

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelle3

I didn't see this specified in the VED protocol thread or maybe it's implied to be flaccid, but what is the penis state supposed to be when beginning to pump? Are any of these states harmful or higher risk of injury? A lot of the time I have hard flaccid or semi-hard flaccid, I would guess those times are a no-go.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

rastap

Peyronies happened aroung 2007. Possibly as a result of beta blocker for irregular heartbeat. Left bend near base with hinging and ventral bend. Using RestoreX and VED therapy. 2.5mg tadalafil taken daily at bedtime.

Hawk

If you can get erections without a VED, you are using a VED to correct deformity, not ED.

I will move your post to the Peyronies Disease section of the forum.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Pelle3

Thanks guys. I've been lurking on here for maybe half a year, and I'm grateful for this resource... and sorry for posting to the wrong section.
I read the VED protocol thread by Angus from 12 years ago. Have there been no updates to it? Or are there other protocol options I should look at? The following are more details about my current condition:

So technically I can get an erection, but I struggle mightily to maintain it and at best, they are about 10% less in both length & girth as compared to before. And at worst, a lot of times it's an erection but the amount of blood flow clearly far below maximal (girth might be 20-30% reduced and length maybe 15-20% reduced. Those times I sort of have to wait/reset and try again. Thankfully nothing seems to have calcified as far as I can tell.

I have hour-glassing just under the glans when flaccid or semi-flaccid. Previously I had observed sometimes ~10 degree curve only during an otherwise healthy flaccid, but this was months ago when it seemed my condition was improving. When erect I've never seen any curvature.

A few weeks ago, I may have stupidly caused myself further issues when with a hard flaccid, I carelessly went to adjust my shaft from right pant leg to left leg and the head got caught on the fabric. Hopefully that wasn't consequential but a few times since then I'm seeing what may be new (I can't recall) hour-glassing mid-shaft a few times when semi-flaccid.

I am taking Carnitine (ALC-GPLC blend), Citrulline, Ubiquinol and Magnesium among other stuff. Please let me know if any of what I described was unclear and if there are any particular VED threads I should refer to given my situation, or anything specifically I should do. Thank you.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions