Rice sock too hot?

Previous topic - Next topic

MambaMentality

Hey everyone. I've been using a rice sock as a heating method for my penis for around 5 months now. I never measured the exact temperature that the sock gets to, but I would put it in the microwave for 30 seconds, feel it, then put it in for another 30. Today, I decided to measure the temperature using a meat thermometer and it came out to a whopping 190 degrees Fahrenheit! This is obviously way greater than what is recommended as safe (less than 103 degrees Fahrenheit). Was this an accurate way of measuring the heat of the sock? If so, I'm hoping that this didn't cause any damage to my penis or even worse, open the possibility of cancer.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

bustedchubb

I did the same thing before and cut the time down to about 21-23 seconds, but that will vary by sock size and how much rice is in it.
45 Yrs old, Peyronies Disease Onset 11/2019, Stabilized 6/2020.

Dent/Hourglassing distal and dorsal side, lost length and girth.

Underwent Plication with Dr. Brian Christine in Birmingham, AL on 6/17/2021. Fully recovered with no complications.

PeyroniKirai

Hi there - it's hard to believe that you put something that was 190 degrees on your skin.  Have a look at this link to see the approximate times required to get a third-degree burn from hot water.  Building standards generally require that the maximum tap temperature for hot water is 120 degrees.  At 120 degrees it takes several minutes to get a serious burn, although the skin of the sexual organs is much more sensitive.  

https://www.regionalonehealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Scald-Burns-Flyer.pdf

My logical conclusion is that the meat thermometer measurement technique was not accurate.  You would not have been able to keep your organ in that sock for more than a second without screaming in pain if it were that hot.  I assume also that you had something over your organ, and the hot rice did not come directly in contact with your skin, is that correct?  Anyway, have a look at the pdf in the link above.  It suggests that 104 degrees is safe for bathing.  

FYI, in Japan most people take a very hot (by western standards) bath every day.  Many Japanese like their baths as hot as 107-110 degrees Fahrenheit.  I can tell you from personal experience that this does not cause any physical damage, and it can actually be quite comfortable especially on a winter night.  Perhaps you can put the meat thermometer directly against your "meat" while you have the sock on?  However, do NOT try this if your thermometer is glass.  We would not want you to snap it by accident and get a horrific injury.
PK
Age 64, Peyronie's history 4 years, left side hourglass, 20-degree bend to left, no ED

MambaMentality

@peyronikirai I think you're right. 190 degrees would burn the skin right off. There's no way it can be correct. Thanks for the response and have a blessed day!
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions