Pain Managment related to implant surgery

Previous topic - Next topic

Forgotten.

Hi folks.

I've searched the forum but not found a topic explicitly for this topic.

(Thanks to those that replied in my Implant Journey Post, and perhaps you could cut and paste into this one as well).

I'm now 8 days after surgery and for the first week i was taking nothing for the pain.

I've now been given Paracetamol which is working for me now.

We're all different so i realise that what works for me is going to do nothing for you.

Ian.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Roddy

Hi Ian.

I found Tramadol completely took my pain away. In fact, I reckon I was in a pain free Tramadol haze for about 3 weeks once I realised that the only way to rid myself of the pain was to manage it and stay ahead of it. Once I took Tramadol every 4 hours, I then had very little pain. I knew the pain was still there but just that I couldn't feel it. I stupidly thought that one day I could just decide I didn't need it any more and ceased. Man, how naive was I!!!!! Cold turkey of major restlessness, absolutely no sleep and general fidgeting soon put me back on the Tramadol and I came off it in a managed way like I was meant to. After that, I was completely fine.  
Aged 51 congenital curvature and then Peyronies onset, excision and grafting not successful,
Coloplast Titan implant on June 3rd, 2019 (aged 47) to correct a 90 degree bend
Dr. Mike Fraser - Glasgow, Scotland.

MN1971

I have chronic nerve pain from damage and brachial plexcitias (sp?).... been call over the best hospitals in Chicago and eventually ended up @ Mayo a clinic trying control my pain... currently I am on 3400 mg of Gabapentin and 10mg of oxycodlnd 3x daily... so going into my surgery that was going to be the baseline of where the doctors would begin treating me.  

I can't imagine only getting Paracetamol (basically tylonol or Ibuprofin) for pain.  

They sent me home with hydromorphone (2mg) in a addition to baseline... that coupled with an anti-inflammatory really helped.  Still didn't relieve all my pain... but I made it thru.

Again I had a circumferential incision where they peeled me down like a damn banana...

My Doc said they usually give 10mg Norco... we both knew that wasn't gonna help me at all but for a normal individual.

There is nothing wrong with taking the pain meds as prescribed.  I have said it before- Pain is overrated.  Been there and done that...

That's my story and I am sticking to it

M
50 yrs Old, Type 2 Diabetic since my youth
Peyronies Disease since mid 2020
worsened from 50+ to 60+ degree bend in spite of
VED, Traction, Pentox, injections
3 Piece inflatable implant 4/14/21 - subcoronal - Dr. L. Levine