Failed Implant Surgery after two attempts

Previous topic - Next topic

LeRoastBeef

I can't help but think they will know exactly how much saline to add. They know the cylinder max volume surely, as well as the volume that will be within the tubes. Well then that's the limit of the reservoir. Fill it up. No air in the system to prevent air locks. Happy days.

Ian, what happened the day after the surgery? What was the series of events. Did Mike check in with you the day after?
Is it just a case of, 'If you feel well enough, off you go'?

Happy Friday to all. Hope the weekend treats us all well. Monday is the big day for me.  :)

Good luck with inflation!
33 years old, UK.
Erectile dysfunction,
Awaiting implantation

Stepone

Ian,
I am thinking when I first started I had discomfort for months.
And the pump itself didn't get pliable until maybe 6 months or more.
You are right, we all measure pain/discomfort differently.
I guess the question is, are you pumping to the point where the bulb gets harder to pump and then you don't think you can pump anymore?
And when this happens, is your penis hard?
If these things are true or close to true, lol, I think things are good.
StepOne
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Stepone

Ian,
I am not sure if I am understanding you. I am trying to understand you. I am concerned and confused.
You wrote you could squeeze the pump for hours and not get anywhere.
Do you mean that no matter how many times you squeeze the pump, the pump never gets to a the point where you can't squeeze it because it gets hard? If this is the case, this is either...
A. different from the way a Titan functions
B. The pump or tubing is defective.
I am not sure if your pump has a online research tool or if you will need to call your doctor to figure this out.
Titan implants max out. There is a limited amount of actual squeezes you can make to the pump.
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Roddy

Hi Ian

If I'm understanding what you are saying correctly, you're saying you pump and pump but it never reaches a point where you can squeeze no more? When I've had around 16 pumps I'm struggling to squeeze the pump ball any more. The ball is rock hard and all fluid is clearly in my penis. So you can just keep pumping without that resistance? If so, I believe your implant is defective. Have you no means of contacting Mike as an 'emergency'?
Aged 51 congenital curvature and then Peyronies onset, excision and grafting not successful,
Coloplast Titan implant on June 3rd, 2019 (aged 47) to correct a 90 degree bend
Dr. Mike Fraser - Glasgow, Scotland.

Hawk

Ian,

I am not sure how accurately I follow some of your statements.  
For example, your signature says that your implant has length expansion, but the photo you posted of your implant label says "Rigicon Infla10".  I spent 30 minutes searching the internet to try to better understand your challenges and issues.  I found that it is the "Rigicon Inla10 AX" that increases in length.  The "AX" apparently stands for "Anatomical eXpansion."

The model would make a significant difference in what you feel when deflated.  There would be no dogears or folds with the Infla10 AX.  There likely would be with the Infla10.

When you pump obviously your penis will get more and more firm.  The specific question I have is:
1. What signals you to stop pumping?
A. - Pain/pressure in the penis
B. - The pump becomes too hard to squeeze
C. - The pump dents or flattens and will not reinflate
D. - Nothing changes. You just get tired/bored with pumping with no change, so you stop.

It was very clear at this point that the patient's implant was not responding to pumping and something was seriously wrong.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Hawk

Ian, SOMETHING is NOT right.

You have a different pump, but by any wide comparison to other pumps, the maximum number of good full squeezes should fall between 15-25 if you are doing partial squeezes, then maybe as high as double that.  So no matter how you are squeezing it, 15 - 50 squeezes.  That would pump you to rock hard, harder than you have ever been in your life.  You probably could not stand the pressure/discomfort of that much expansion at this point.  It would certainly become uncomfortable after several minutes.  

If you are squeezing more than 50 times, then your pump is not effectively pumping.
If it is actually losing some hardness after any length of time, Something is very wrong.

I have the same length of cylinders as you have.  I was over 6" on my first pump, although "bone pressing a ruler was impossible at that point in healing.  I am now at 7" Bone Pressed which is bigger than pre-surgery (although smaller than pre- Peyronies Disease.)  Unless you are a huge man with a lot of space on in the crus (penis area behind the scrotum), you cannot possibly be only 5" with a 22cm implant..  IS THAT MEASUREMENT BONE PRESSED? ---  I can see by your photos you are not overweight. Are you very large frame (well over 6' )
When you say you dented the bulb, ARE YOU SAYING THE DENT NEVER CAME OUT AND RETURNED TO NORMAL?  I am sure nothing could cause this except running out of fluid in the reservoir.  If I use two hands to pump hard with the last few pumps, it is possible for me to drain my reservoir and dent my bulb.  It will remain partially collapsed like that until I hit the deflate button and the fluid flows back into the pump.  

Thank you for answering these highlighted questions.

Hawk

LeRoastBeef

That flaccid looks very natural. Even if you can't get it fuly deflated, maybe it doesn't matter, because that looks just like a 'normal' flaccid penis.

The erect also looks natural, I'm sure you will regain your size in time. Marathon rather than a sprint is what I have heard time and again.
In certainly looks healthy, for a penis that went through so much recently to be back to normal so soon, it's amazing how the body can heal.

Thak you for the info on the day after. Doesn't sound too pleasant! It is what it is though. You've made a world of difference. Can at least psych myself up for the difficult moments!

33 years old, UK.
Erectile dysfunction,
Awaiting implantation

Stepone

Why do I feel we are talking different languages?
Ian, when you say after pumping for 20 minutes. Do you mean you pumped up and this is how it looked after 20 minutes?
Or do you mean you pumped for the full 20 minutes and this is how it looked.
I am so confused.
StepOne

Hawk

Ian, one glance at your penis after pumping tells me it is NOT inflated.  The skin is slack with no tension on the width or length.  I wager big money that when you press the deflate button while squeezing the penis, the dent in the pump bulb disappears because that dent is caused by the pump not being able to suck up more fluid from the reservoir.

Here are some facts.
You cannot damage a pump bulb by squeezing it with ANY amount of pressure.  They are designed to be squeezed flat and spring back into shape tens of thousands of times.  When you squeeze the bulb, fluid in the pump is forced into the cylinders in the penis.  When you release the pump, it sucks in fluid from the reservoir as it refills with the fluid that allows it to plump back out.  If there is no fluid supply to the pump, the bulb remains under suction.  It cannot plump back out because of the vacuum.  When you hit the deflate button that allows fluid to enter the pump from the penis side, which balances the vacuum and plumps the bulb back out again.  Either you have a kinked tube from the reservoir to the pump, or you are out of fluid from a leak or disconnected tube. The only other option is improper filling of the reservoir during surgery. I guess there is some small chance the pump is faulty.

I would call my surgeon's office and say I need to see the doctor immediately.
1. My penis will not get rock hard with even 150 pumps
2. No amount of pumping increases the width or length
3. My pump bulb flattens with a dent in it and does not regain its shape.
4. My penis and reservoir capsule is permanently healing in a deflated state.  I NEED TO SEE HIM NOW!!!!

One more question.  When you feel for the tips of the implant, do they extend into the glans?  If so, how har?  Halfway. 1/3 of the way

One final thought:  Since your reservoir is mispositioned, you can actually see it.  Can you see or feel the difference in fluid in the reservoir?  When your penis is deflated, the reservoir should show more fluid in it.  When your penis is inflated, the reservoir should reduce in size.

Hawk

Again, Ian, pump bulbs cannot dent.  They are very flexible rubber and/or silicone.  They can only fail to rebound after a squeeze because they are under a vacuum trying to draw in fluid that they cannot get.

In your "inflated photo" where you are measuring, your hand looks like it is being held under your penis for support.  A properly installed, properly functioning implant needs NO support.  You can literally hang a bath towel on it, and it will still point straight out.  Without a towel, it either points upward or straight out.

My concern is that if you are not inflating, then you are not stretching your penis at a critical time of healing, and it will scar in at a reduced size.  My intent is not to scare you or discourage you, but you need to demand immediate attention so he can take the necessary steps to diagnose the problem and take steps to resolve it.   The fact that you can no longer see your reservoir also suggests a loss of fluid.

I just checked to be certain, but TOTALLY deflated; the tips of my cylinders are halfway into my glans.

Finally, this is not important now, but you cannot do a bone-pressed measurement with a metal tape measure. You need a hard ruler, maybe even with the corners rounded, so you can press it hard to your pubic bone.

Hawk

Well, I won't argue the point except to say the bulb is a highly flexible rubber ball.  What you call a dent is simply a vacuum like a deflated basketball.  You cannot dent a pump bulb whether it is in or out of the scrotum, even with a hammer.

Call your surgeon.

Stepone

Ian,
Your posts have been entertaining at times, but sometimes cryptic to understand. That is why we have all been asking you simple yes and no questions.
BUT this has been the only way for us to help to understand what is going on.
Your implant is not working correctly!!!!!
Hawk knows what he is saying. Listen to Hawk.
Hawk is trying to prevent any further loss of your penis length.
I am not going to debate with you or ask you any more clarifying questions, because after reviewing your posts, it is OBVIOUS there is a implant problem.
I don't understand your "push back". I don't understand you.

Please call the surgeon and request an immediate appointment.
Although I am not physician, everything you have shared points to an defective implant.
Please stay in touch.
StepOne  

Hawk

Ian, I have no problem with being disagreed with.  I take no offense in the least.  I am just concerned that you might not have any idea what is going on here.  You can not dent medical-grade rubber designed to be flattened tens of thousands of times any more than you can dent a tennis ball. You cannot dent the material with a hammer or pliers. You CAN depress it (as designed), and due to the vacuum inside, it does not spring back.  The result is you feel a deficit that feels like a dent. You yourself indicated the dent was gone this morning.  That is because it was NEVER dented.  It is hollow and was partially collapsed because of a vacuum. It has a vacuum because it cannot get fluid through the reservoir tube.

Will your penis stand up when it is pumped?  Can you hang even a hand towel on it and remain parallel to the floor?  I am certain the answer to that is NO.  You are not stretching the penis during healing which is very likely to result in size loss if not very rapidly corrected.  

Hawk

Quote from: Ian C on June 14, 2021, 06:24:27 AM
As for hanging towels on my pumped-up penis, that wouldn't be possible. It doesn't point upwards so would just slide off.

One more indication that you are not getting true inflation so you are pumping in vain.  I am sorry he will not see you sooner.  Such reports disappoint me.

Stepone

Ian, I don't understand what is going on.
Disagreement is healthy, but I have learned the hard way that disagreeing when it comes to my health will harm no one, but myself.
I am sorry you are going through this.
Stay in touch, so we can track your progress.
StepOne  

Hawk

My impression is we have moved past any disagreement, and it is not an issue.  Being frustrated by an implant that is not working (the first one on this entire forum) and then having your surgeon be less than hyper-responsive are enough to drive any of us to distraction.  It is stressful enough to have a great implant you are unfamiliar with and having 200 questions.  Having an obvious problem and not being experienced enough even to understand that you have a problem and having a surgeon who says I'll talk to you in 3 weeks....would drive me up the wall.

In fact, I would be calling and demanding or showing up in the waiting room and causing a scene.

Stepone

My disagreement is with the surgeon.
I don't understand how this physician is treating a patient like there is no problem.
I am tired of dealing with physicians that don't treat patients as valuable members of society.
Since my last surgeon was the age of my son, I asked him if he still had his father and asked if he have a good relationship with him. When he said yes, I said, well think of me as your father. Is this the treatment you would give your father? After a lot of silence, I made my point and my standard of care improved.
Because Ian seems not as concerned with this issue as other people on this site, I am wondering if Ian has conveyed a lack of urgency to the physician. We are all entitled to excellent care. I have another friend that suffered needlessly for years from IBS. I finally couldn't stand his complaining anymore and told him to get a new gastroenterologist or shut up. He did get a new doctor and is now IBS symptom free for several years and I am still his friend.
I hope that Ian conveys his worth to the doctor and gets a sooner appointment.
StepOne

Hawk

I agree with every word you just posted.  I too have trouble accepting that Ian conveyed the urgency of the situation

I would get on the phone and talk to him and boldly state the 4 concerns I listed in two posts before this one.  I would NOT take NO as an answer.

SteveW

We are our own best advocate. There are times you just have to stand up and stand your ground and fight for the attention and care you deserve. Particularly following a very invasive surgery. It may be ho hum routine to the doctor, but it is new and frightening for us. We can not accept mediocrity in our healthcare, particularly when it comes to the only penis we will ever have.
20 years of Peyronie's / ED
Tried pills, VED, Verapamil injections, traction, Trimix & more.
Implanted 2/18/21. AMS cx 18cm + 3 RTE. Gay, 67.
Dr Etai Goldenberg, St Lous, MO
Now having lots and lots of wonderful sex!

Roddy

Folks, I've watched this thread with interest and more than a small amount of frustration. I'm trying to remain balanced here but fail to accept that the same surgeon who gave me 100% of his attention and nothing but an outstanding end result has suddenly become a practitioner who doesn't care. Mike was so committed to me that he gave me an out of hours number to contact him with any questions at all. As it turned out, there were a couple of occasions when I had to contact him to allay some of my fears (having sex way ahead of time).

Is this anything to do with Mike being a colleague in the same hospital of my friend, who knows? I'd like to think not but cannot say with any certainty that this wasn't the case. I've certainly never found any negative reports online of his work.

So, I feel a bit frustrated that Ian's issues are not being attended to with immediate urgency. However, something here is not right. We can all read Ian's descriptions of what we all know are serious issues but Ian is not taking these clearly worrying concerns seriously. For instance, it's not possible to keep squeezing your inflation bulb without end. The whole mechanical design of such a thing means it sucks on fluid until there is no more fluid. Then it becomes 'unpressable'.

How can Ian tell Mike Fraser that his penis is not becoming fully erect when inflating or that he can squeeze for effectively forever without Mike becoming deeply concerned enough to see him within this week, never mind immediately?

So, I deduce from this series of events that perhaps Mike is not being given all the information he needs. The surgeon I know should not take such action as he has. Just saying.

Ian, what did you ACTUALLY say to Mike that caused him to say all is fine and that he was happy to see you in July?
Aged 51 congenital curvature and then Peyronies onset, excision and grafting not successful,

Stepone

Roddy I am so thankful that you finally posted.
As I have said over and over,
I DONT UNDERSTAND.
It does not make sense!
I hope this is not a make believe person, where we have all been misled.
StepOne  

Roddy

Thanks, Ian.

.... and what was his reply?

Roddy

When I read your message you sent him I thought that by mentioning the fact that you're disappointed with 5 inches, he's maybe picked up on the wrong concern. He knows, like I do, that your 5 inches will easily become 6 inches with daily cycling. However, THAT is not your problem. Your problem is that your pump is not pumping enough saline into your implant and your implant is not getting hard enough for that stretch of the tissue that is the prerequisite for growth. I don't think Mike has the full picture. The picture we all have that is causing us some worry about a successful outcome.

Please contact Mike and tell him that your pump never makes your penis rock hard. Regardless of how many times you squeeze your pump.  

Hawk

I have tried hard to be diplomatic, but it is not just Ian who reads this but thousands of members and unregistered guests.  It is important to know when to become assertive and very specific in demanding medical attention.

I, too, think the communication to Dr. Frasier was inadequate.  It might have expressed your concerns, but my concerns would have been very different.  First of all, unless he documented your measurements before surgery and pulled your file, 5" means nothing.  Your length is not an urgent issue, and a patient complaining about his size 4 weeks out is not an urgent issue, especially when he does not know what size you were before surgery. That whole discussion may have steered him off course.  The huge concern is NOT your penis measurement. It is also not that you have trouble deflating. It is that you cannot inflate because of implant failure. AND, you cannot deflate because you have yet to inflate.  Your penis is slack and pointing toward the floor after an hour of pumping.  2 minutes should turn it into a towel rack.

I also thinK the statement :
QuoteI'm thinking we might have a little bit of a problem.
sounds shockingly unconcerned.  It should have read:
"I am  EXTREMELY distraught that I have a serious failure and that I am scaring in at a very reduced size because of a faulty implant.  I chose you expressly because I have great faith in you. Others on the forum where I post my implant journal hold you in high regard.  I have, however, reached a point where I desperately need to see you at your very earliest opportunity.  I will gladly lay everything aside to come to the first cancellation or any other appointment where you can squeeze me in even for a few minutes. These are my concerns.

My once clearly visible reservoir is suddenly no longer visible.  
My pump collapses when I try to pump and is apparently not picking up fluid
No amount of pumping on my collapsed pump will inflate my penis. Therefore I have a serious concern I will scar in at a permanently reduced size because I cannot inflate during the healing process.
Since my reservoir can no longer be seen and my pump cannot pick up fluid, I think there is a real possibility that I have lost fluid.  No one other than you can put my mind at ease over these issues.  I have given up pumping because it does no good to try to squeeze a collapsed bulb.

Dr. Fraser.  Please understand my real concerns, my mental stress, and my need to see you.

Your trusting Patient
Ian

Hawk

Ian,

I know it does not sound like it, but I have tried to restrain myself and not badger you about this situation.  The truth is, I project myself into a "what if this was me" scenario, and it hits me with the same urgency when it is happening to you as it would if it were happening to me.  I guess if I were not that emotionally invested, I probably would not have the drive to go through the hassles of keeping the forum running.  

Best wishes.  I will be  EXTREMELY interested in hearing the details of this visit.   I would give $100 to be able to accompany you.

Hawk

Roddy

Interesting development, Ian. Good for Rigicon for communicating so well with you. Great that you are seeing Mike Fraser this Thursday too. At last, it must be said.

The drama continues, Ian. The implant must have malfunctioned surely by what you have described to us all. So upsetting for you to go through what you have for this potential outcome. I guess all will be revealed on Thursday. 🤞🏻

Stepone

Everyone,
I have been so frustrated in reading all these posts concerning Ian.

As frustrated as we all have been, I know our biggest concern has been for Ian.

Regardless of everything that has been reported, I wish there was someone who could accompany Ian to his meeting with the physician.
I think if Ian were here in America, we would all want to be there with him!

Ian, good for you in contacting Rigicon!

You wrote that Mr. Fraser wasn't pleased, can you explain this? How do you know that Mr. Fraser "wasn't best pleased"?
....and why did you say, "He thinks I've broken it".

StepOne

Hawk

Quote from: Stepone on June 15, 2021, 06:17:38 PM
Ian, good for you in contacting Rigicon!

You wrote that Mr. Fraser wasn't pleased, can you explain this? How do you know that Mr. Fraser "wasn't best pleased"?
....and why did you say, "He thinks I've broken it."

A P P L A U S E   F O R   I A N !!!
I have the same questions.  What makes you think he was not pleased?

I would say this about any doctor.  His pleasure is not the goal. Lots of people are not pleased with things that come up at work.  He is getting paid.  The medical system was never set up with the intent that the patient should "please" the physician.  I am DAMNED certain he would rather be in his shoes than in yours.  IF it is broken, you sure as hell did not break it.  There are only two possibilities.
1. The unit was faulty
2. The surgeon is responsible for damaging it or faulty connections - we know for certain he did not have a successful outcome placing the reservoir.

I am SO glad you called Rigicon.  It shows two things.  We were right from the beginning, it was not a user error, and Dr. Fraser had a slot he could squeeze you into all along.  He only needed someone to convince him of the urgency.  That was the 2nd point we were trying to drive home.  I am so sorry you have had to go through this, but hopefully, you learned something about not taking no for an answer, and hopefully, many other readers will learn the same because you made a valuable journal.  I cannot tell you how badly I want to go to that appointment with you.

If there is ANY damage to this unit, do not let ANYONE even suggest you had any role in it because you did not.
If your Doctor really is annoyed that you called Rigicon.  Tell him you did what any man would do who had to wait for weeks for an appointment.  You searched out some self-help from the experts who manufacture the device and who gave it a lifetime warranty. I recommend you write down questions in advance and take someone with you who can take notes and write answers while you talk.  I ALWAYS go with written questions.

TDix

For a doctor who implanted you to send you on such a rollercoaster ride of emotions fro asking questions is absolutely mind boggling.  I hope this "email" you talk of isn't the dr lashing out.  If so, that is a major cause of concern.  I wish you the best on Thursday!
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

Stepone

Ian,
Just when I thought that things couldn't be more outrageous!
I read your meeting is now delayed.
Please be sure to write down Hawks talking points.
I can't believe the deflection of the issue has been to blame you.
It is either the device or the surgery or both that is problem, not you.
Be strong and don't hint!
If there is someone that can go with you, ask them.
I challenge my physicians all the time. They are not gods, they get confused about patients, etc. It is our job to make sure we are getting the right treatments and let them and/or others know when something is not right.
StepOne

LeRoastBeef

Hi Ian,

I'm sorry to hear this.
It must be very stressful to go under again so soon.
You were right enough when you suspected the bulb wasn't pumping as it should.  :(  I wonder if this is an issue with the new model design.
He'll get you sorted out.

But, a week is not long away, and this this time next week you will be out once more and recovering. You'll be back on track.

Thank you for uploading the picture. It's a fine opportunity for you to become familiar with the pump, having a visual image will surely help in future.

Here, you'll have to go to war once more with that nose raping covid test! 😂 Honesty, I felt violated, is there not counseling for such trauma 😂

I'll send you a PM later tonight to see how you're doing.

33 years old, UK.
Erectile dysfunction,
Awaiting implantation

Stepone

Ian,
We all knew there was a failure.
As a patient, you have a responsibility to be clear when you contact a doctor.
I always have someone look at it to make sure it's clear and it gets my point across.
If I call I make notes.
I hope you don't have any more issues.
The doctor has a responsibility too. We all knew something didn't seem right. He too should have asked questions. Yes physicians have lots to do, that's why they are physicians.
There is never an excuse for a doctor providing bad care and being accusatory.
Best luck and prayers for you.
StepOne  

Hawk

Quote from: Hawk on June 13, 2021, 12:18:21 PM
It cannot plump back out because of the vacuum. ....  Either you have a kinked tube from the reservoir to the pump, or you are out of fluid from a leak or disconnected tube. The only other option would be the improper filling of the reservoir during surgery. I guess there is some small chance the pump is faulty.

As bad as I did not want this to be the answer, It had to be.  There were just no other possible answers. Good luck in getting this resolved.

So far, we have one instance of that brand of the implant on the forum with a 100% failure rate of the device as soon as cycling started.  How committed is the doctor to using this brand?

Roddy

Hi Ian

Delighted that you have a resolution to this now. At least you know the implant is defective and you had no hand in that. I wonder what his plan is with the implant - replace with the same or use another model?

Anyway, good luck for next week and you're correct to have such a positive outlook.

Pfract

Hey Ian! Glad to read that you are soon to get this fixed. When you say this brand, is this the ZSI manufactured in Switzerland, or I am confused?  

Hawk

I will be very interested in this.  Dr. Eid said he NEVER replaces just some of the implant components.  It is all or nothing because any future failure would be his responsibility.  I am sure he seldom if ever replaced one this soon.

If he has to remove the pump and move the reservoir, I suspect he will replace it all.

Stepone

Ian,
Take lots of pics of your penis and measurements.
I don't think a lot is going to change, but do this so you will have a new baseline.
You don't need to share them, but it will serve as a tool you can use for comparison.
I wish you well and pray for a good outcome for you.
Keep us informed. I am so sorry you had to through this.
Be sure to ask if he is doing a full replacement.
StepOne  

Hawk

Good news.  

I don't think there was much chance it wouldn't be negative if you had both shots.  

Hawk

Something of great value to you as you start cycling is having a pump or a life-size model of a pump.  It will also help to look at the company's implant diagrams.

Also, when you communicate to the forum, your surgeon, or the company, be sure to use the right terminology. For example, people often slip and incorrectly call the cylinders in the penis "Tubes."  Tubes are the narrow tubes that go from the pump to the reservoir and from the pump to the cylinders.

I am under the impression that you have an actual pump and maybe even two actual cylinders in your possession.  Is that correct?  It is kind of cool if you do.  Maybe after you gain a little more experienced, you can do a free installation on a friend.  ;D."

Hawk

Quote from: Ian C on June 28, 2021, 10:09:40 AM
The connection between that and the pump had broken (or became detached).

So,  nothing has been replaced and all I have is new stitches in my scrotum.  
Congratulations!

That's pretty interesting.  So it clearly had to be detached rather than broken if nothing was replaced.  I assume from your comments that he repositioned your reservoir through the scrotum access since you have no abdominal incision.

Aren't you glad you are not still waiting until July 9th for that appointment and that you did not spend another month pumping a broken implant installation !!!

LeRoastBeef

Good to hear you, Ian!

Why did the tube disconnect in the first place?

Get yourself home and get some rest, lad!
33 years old, UK.
Erectile dysfunction,
Awaiting implantation

Stepone

Congratulations Ian,
So he has released you, with no inflation? Is that correct?
I am wondering, but it seems like I went back in 7 days to be inflated. This ensured maximum length and no shrinking.
When are you supposed to return for inflation?

StepOne

Hawk

LeRoastBeef

He means that the reservoir was adjusted via his scrotal incision. That therefore there was no requirement for the Dr to make another incision.

Well done, Ian. Rest easy.
33 years old, UK.
Erectile dysfunction,
Awaiting implantation

Hawk

My guess is he left the empty and deflated reservoir in place and inserted another, a somewhat common practice.

LeRoastBeef

It's amazing what surgeons can do and what the body can handle.
Just think that in a few weeks time you will be all healed up, and on to a new, better normal.
We are quite resillient creatures really.

I would say you are certainly on week 7!
I hope you manage to get out and enjoy the sun, Ian. It's gorgeous here. Do you have a back garden to get sunburned in?
33 years old, UK.
Erectile dysfunction,
Awaiting implantation

LeRoastBeef

I honestly despise the heat and love the cold and rain. People think you're a nutter when you admit to it though, so I don't tend to. The summer can be pretty, I'll give them that. My body can't handle the heat though. Anthing above 16c is just wrong.
Didn't evolve for this sun nonsense.

Sounds like a good plan. The more space and peace you have for recovery the better.
It's all uphill for you now!....this time.......hopefully....😂   :-\
33 years old, UK.
Erectile dysfunction,
Awaiting implantation

Stepone

Ian, this doesn't happen to everyone.
Mine turned dark on one side. I kept putting lotion on it, and kept it moist. I had no flaking except on my glans a little. I am uncut with large glans. I don't know why it flaked a little, but when I emailed my physician assistant, they said it was normal.
It all depends on the amount of trauma and each persons healing process.
Good luck,

StepOne  

Hawk

My penis NEVER got purple.  I had one little bruise the size of my thumb and some bruising in my scrotom.  While I would not have wanted anyone to squeeze my penis, it was nowhere near as sore as my scrotum.

There was some peeling of surface skin which I think is in response to being scrubbed with strong antiseptic wash.

LeRoastBeef

To be fair, you've undergone two major operations in a short period of time. Repeated trauma is going to lead to bruising.
It will go away, just don't play with it too much!  
33 years old, UK.
Erectile dysfunction,
Awaiting implantation