Can an implant fix a congenital curve as well as Peyronie's?

Previous topic - Next topic

MauvaisCoton

Hi,

I've always had a significant upward curve. It makes some positions more difficult and others (fortunately they are rare) even impossible. Peyronie's disease added another curve to the left.

I also experience ED issues.

If I go the implant route, will it "only" fix the curve caused by Peyronie's or will I finally have a straight penis?

Thanks!
30. Congenital curvature upward. Diagnosed with Peyronies Disease in 2017. Curvature near the base of the shaft (approx. 45° to the left). Still painful sometimes. Mild ED since summer 2020. Anxious.
Currently using RestoreX (since 04/21) and L-citrulline.

SteveW

Quote from: MauvaisCoton on May 03, 2021, 07:25:14 PM
Hi,
I've always had a significant upward curve. It makes some positions more difficult and others (fortunately they are rare) even impossible. Peyronie's disease added another curve to the left.
I also experience Erectile Dysfunction issues.
If I go the implant route, will it "only" fix the curve caused by Peyronie's or will I finally have a straight penis?
Thanks!

My surgeon said I had a 60 degree curve going into surgery, and 30 after implant. A little over 2 months post op, it is now far straighter than a 30 degree curve. It still curves up and to the left somewhat, but it is more than usable in any position. And a moderately upward curving penis is a real positive in most instances. So, IMHO, the implant will help, if not completely straighten your penis out regardless of curve cause. It changed my life.  
20 years of Peyronie's / ED
Tried pills, VED, Verapamil injections, traction, Trimix & more.
Implanted 2/18/21. AMS cx 18cm + 3 RTE. Gay, 67.
Dr Etai Goldenberg, St Lous, MO
Now having lots and lots of wonderful sex!

Hawk

I do not know as much as I probably should about implants and congenital curvature.  If I were you, I would :

1.Read at least the first several posts of  Roddy's implant journal. He had a congenital curve, a poor surgery, then an implant.  He is now straighter than ever in his life, and I think he believes the implant alone would have fixed him. --->https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,11929.0.html

2. Pay for a video consultation with Dr. Eid in Manhattan. (about $300 the last I checked)

You might want to then find a top surgeon in the Canadian medical system, but you would go into that consultation educated.

Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

MauvaisCoton

Thank you both. That's great to hear. I'll take a look at Roddy's implant journal.
30. Congenital curvature upward. Diagnosed with Peyronies Disease in 2017. Curvature near the base of the shaft (approx. 45° to the left). Still painful sometimes. Mild ED since summer 2020. Anxious.
Currently using RestoreX (since 04/21) and L-citrulline.

SW01

Titan fixed my peyronies and congenital curve. Straight.

Ams 700 on a revision. Peyronies curve is still gone. Length back. Girth back. But congenital banana curve is back.

Looks just like my pre ed dick. Acts like it to.  
Dealt with ED, Peyronies, & venous leak for 3 yrs.
implant on March 7, 2019 w/ a Titan 18 cm plus 1cm RTE
Revision after hernia surgery. Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY
Removed Titan and put in LGX 18 cm plus 2 RTE's, 20 cm total.