Dr. Douglas F. Milam

Previous topic - Next topic

jackp

Dr. Milam has a new web site www.milamurology.com. It is still a "work in progress".

For members of this forum it explains the different types of surgery he does for peyronies. Depending on your diagnosis the procedure would be best for you.

I am often asked for contact information and what I need for a consultation. I have, with permission. done a cut and paste and am attaching it here.

Jackp

Douglas F. Milam M.D.

Urologic Surgery

Home
About Us
Surgical Procedures
Urethral Stricture Repair
Surgical Procedures to Improve Continence in Men
Penile Implant
Surgical Treatment of Peyronie's Disease
Evaluation of Voiding Dysfunction
Incontinence in Men
Urinary Retention
Severe Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms
Urinary Frequency, Urgency, and Urge Incontinence
Urodynamic Testing
Cystoscopy
Patient Information
IPSS-AUA Symptom Score
Sexual Function Questionnaire

Schedule a Consultation:

Our practice is focused on helping patients with important urologic problems that require surgical intervention.  We are happy to meet with you at either our Vanderbilt Clinic location in Nashville, Tennessee or our Cool Springs satellite office in Franklin, Tennessee. Please call (615) 322-2880 for an appointment.  You will be asked to provide basic identifying information along with a description of your urologic problem.  Your urologic information will be reviewed by Dr. Milam and our appointment staff will call back within 2-3 days to schedule a date for consultation. Review of your clinical information is very important as this allows us to schedule most x-ray or other urologic testing to be done the day of your visit.

We see patients in two locations in the Nashville, Tennessee area.  Many of our patients see us at our office in the Department of Urologic Surgery on the third floor of the Vanderbilt Clinic.  For that location we recommend parking in the Vanderbilt Central Garage directly across the street from the Vanderbilt Clinic.  Specific directions and a map to the Vanderbilt Clinic location are shown on the Vanderbilt Clinic location page.

Our satellite office is in the Cool Springs area of Franklin, Tennessee.  We are located on the second floor of the Cool Springs Surgical Center building.  Specific directions to that location can be found on the Cool Springs (Franklin, TN) location page. That address is:  2009 Mallory Lane Suite 210, Franklin, TN 37067

Tell me more about the process of reviewing my clinical information....

In the past we found that many patients drove long distances to see us and then needed to be scheduled for follow-up testing on a later date.  We understand that many of our patients have complicated urologic surgical problems that require specialized urologic testing before a diagnosis can be established.  Two years ago we began coordinating the initial visit with diagnostic testing that appeared to be necessary based on the clinical diagnosis and information provided by the patient during the scheduling process.  This was extremely successful and has saved many patients multiple trips to our offices. We try our best, but are not always successful.  Some patients do need to return for one or more follow-up visits before their surgical procedure can be scheduled.  Please help us by providing as much information as possible to our scheduling personnel.  We are attempting to help you by making your visit to the urologic surgical practice as efficient as possible.