Second Surgery Next Week

Previous topic - Next topic

Kickit40

I was originally implanted on 12/30/20 and unfortunately I am having a second surgery on 4/21.

It appears my left cylinder has "slide" down and is significantly lower than my right cylinder. This is causing a curve in my penis to the left and pain in my left groin.

The doc thinks he might be able to put a larger implant in because my penis has probably been stretched out through cycling.

If he can do a bigger implant, my options would Titan 24cm w/ 2 RTE's or a 26cm Titan.

The doc said he would go with the RTE option because over time you would lose fluid and might not be able to get the 26cm Titan 100% inflated.

I was reaching out to see what everybody's thoughts are.
38 years, implanted on 12/30/20 by Dr. Clavell, Titan 24CM + 1CM RTE

Hawk

Wow, I am sorry to hear about this outcome. We have not heard from you for 6 months.  With no updates on the journal, can you give us some back story about how and when this took place?

My personal feelings are that if you give us the same exact explanation that was given to you, you are not being given the full story.  To say a cylinder "slid down" makes no sense.  A cylinder is anchored in the crus.  There is no place for it to slide.  It would be like an anchored fence post butted against the bottom of a post hole sliding down.  It did not slide down your leg or into your body.  I have NEVER heard of any such explanation.

My rule would be that a surgeon gets one chance only to do a durable, excellent surgery on my penis.  If he fails, then I am on to a well-researched revision doctor.  That is especially true if I got that explanation.  

I have no idea where you are located or what your resources are, but I would consider a video conference with Dr. Eid to discuss this in detail.  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Kickit40

Back in early March I started to notice a slight curve in my penis. At that point I have been cycling for two months.

Dr. Clavell diagnosed is a proximal migration of the left cylinder.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00261-016-0686-y/figures/9

Hawk

I don't know what to tell you.  

I do know that I would not go for a surgeon stacking rear tip extenders.  RTE's are a smaller diameter than the cylinders so they are not anchored as firmly in the crus.  They also do not inflate.  Since Titan implants come in 2 cm increments there is no point in ever putting 2 cm of RTE's on an implant.  Dr. Eid feels so strongly about RTE's that he sometimes goes up a size and actually trims the fixed end off of the implant.  This keeps the tubing connections well back in the body rather than on the base of the penis and adds stability to the implant.  

Tortão Pra Direita

I'm sorry for this.
I'd prefer 26 cm than 24 + 2 cm RTE because I've heard great doctors saying they try to avoid RTE. However, I've heard good things about Clavell. I think I'd get 26 cm anyway.

What about costs? I mean, maybe this problem was the doctor's fault, so how much will you pay for a revision?

Wish you the best
1993 born. Brazil.
Peyronies since Sep 2019.
Penis developed curvature, lots of plaque, loss of size and axial rigidity. Severe peyronie.
Mar/21 TEP + Titan Touch 20 cm + 1.5 RTE.

Surgery done by Dr. Marco Tulio Cavalcanti, in São Paulo.

tshug

Kickit40, Sorry to hear about your problem. I had my implant done last December as well and unfortunately like you I need another surgery to replace my implant. My implant was sized wrong where the right cylinder tip is just below the head of my penis and the left cylinder is even lower when inflated. This leaves me with the head drooping down when it's inflated. My original surgeon wanted to do a plication on the head to fix the problem. That's when I decided to talk to Dr Eid. I had a virtual appointment with him first then an in office visit. He agreed that the implant was sized wrong and can be corrected with  correctly sized implant. He said if I had gone with the plication it would not have corrected it and I would have lost more size. He also said that even though I can have sex now with the way it is that I should limit how often we do because where the right cylinder is below the head there's a bulge in the shaft in that area where the skin is thinner and will cause a problem over time. His only concern with the surgery is that in the head area where the implant tips should have been located and where the first surgery had attempted to place them that scar tissue has filled that area. When I have the replacement surgery he may have to put in a temporary self malleable implant to shape the head, the cylinders in it are thinner. His reasoning for this is if he has trouble with the scar tissue the surgery would take longer. So to avoid a longer surgery and risk of infection putting the thinner implant would be quicker and after 3 months he would then replace it with a Titan and hopefully I can move on.

I can't stress enough the importance of a qualified surgeon for this type of surgery. I thought I had done my research on it but sadly found out differently.
71 Yrs old
Radical prostatectomy in 2017.
That surgery left me incontinent
2018  implanted AUS 800 artificial Urinary Sphincter
ED & Peyronies
AMS CX Penile Implant Surgery 12/16/2020
Revision- CX replaced with a Titan 20cm + 1 rte 10/26/21 Dr Eid

Kickit40

Thanks for the information guys and your empathy.

I used Dr. Clavell who is a very reputable high volume surgeon.  

Insurance covers my implant, therefore the out of pocket costs are minimal.  

What is interesting is I had to stop cycling because it would feel like the left cylinder or RTE would move further down my perineum/groin area and cause pain.

Hawk

Best of luck.  Hopefully you will keep up your journal and hopefully you will have a great outcome this time around.

Did he offer any explaination of what caused this?

Pfract

Kickit! good luck with this next surgery... it is so close the date.... you must be anxious! On a side note, i found the article you posted very informative. Thank you for the medical paper.

tshug

Good luck with your surgery Kickit40. Please let the forum know how you are doing afterwards and what the causes were for the first implant failing.
71 Yrs old
Radical prostatectomy in 2017.
That surgery left me incontinent
2018  implanted AUS 800 artificial Urinary Sphincter
ED & Peyronies
AMS CX Penile Implant Surgery 12/16/2020
Revision- CX replaced with a Titan 20cm + 1 rte 10/26/21 Dr Eid