Re: meaning Vs Happiness

Previous topic - Next topic

Asphyxia

Havent watched the video yet it doesnt load for some reason but responded to your comment.

I think many people had managed to find meaning in helping others be it through music,writing or whichever way, yet hold a nihilistic point of view but still do things just because theres nothing else to be doing to distract them enough or occupy their attention enough, or because they know its the right thing to do
So many famous people have commited suicide even though they did things with meaning and helped others in whichever way.

Also Theres also the problem of being ill either physically in a way that has potential in affecting the mood and energy levels, such as digestive issue, problem with glands etc,
Or mental issues that cant be fixed.
And i honestly dont see how meaning can help enough with such problems
Or how you can find meaning when facing such problems constantly,
In my opinion theres much more to consider, many more variables to achieving happiness or peace of mind so yes i would say finding meaning is different

My experience is: after laying in bed sick for years with a brainfog and low energy levels i couldnt find any meaning in anything because i literally cant do anything significant and even if i could and when i tried i wouldnt find happiness in meaning if my hormones are out of whack and/or i dont see the point in life yet choose to follow through with things i can do to help myself and others either now or in the future by doing what i like with the possibility of it having a meaning in the future.

Also i would say that i think many people are finding meaning through the struggles that life brought upon them, they had to overcome these problems and in doing so they are well equipped to help others, these are unfortunate circumstances that bring something positive, but its not by choise and its not always enjoyable, fun or something that one would be happy to do, but is able to do and it feels meaningful.

Maybe my definition of meaningfulness is wrong, i dont know, but thats how i see things and maybe im bias, i dont dismiss that possibility

Thoughts?
Curve mostly semi erect about 60 degrees, slight pain
Tried short & prolonged fasts, keto,carnivore, traction and most of the supplements.
Severe digestive issues, probably an autoimmune disorder