When To Get Xiaflex

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas23

Hello All,

I was diagnosed with a peyronie's plaque back in August 20', but didn't really start to see a significant bend until probably October 20'.  The curvature seems to have stabilized at probably 45 to 60 degree bend currently, but not 100% sure if it will keep progressing.

I went back to my Urologist in mid-Feb after being on Pentox for 6 months (which has done next to nothing in my opinion), and he told me he would start Xiaflex injections any time I was ready.  Since I'm still experiencing painful erections and it had only been 6 months since initial diagnosis, I opted to stay with the Pentox for a while longer just in case my situation hasn't stabilized yet.  I'm currently going on my 8th month since diagnosis.

I'm wondering when I should start the Xiaflex treatments.  Most of what I read says Peyronie's should stabilized between 12 to 18 months, but others have said not to let it go that long and calcify before getting the injections.  Not sure if I should wait until I'm sure it's stabilized, or get started now?

I'd appreciate anyone's input on this that has had Xiaflex injections, and when they had them.

Thanks in advance
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions