Peyronies Society Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Dedicated volunteers needed for special assignments and to serve as moderators.
https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,14736.0.html

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tortão's journal - TEP technique + Titan 3 piece implant  (Read 1092 times)

Hawk

• Bionic Penis 22cm Titan - Dr. Eid 8/7/18
  • Administrator
    • Peyronie's Disease
Re: Tortão's journal - TEP technique + Titan 3 piece implant
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2021, 08:39:39 AM »

If your inflated penis did not have any crinkles in the cylinders right after surgery, then there will never be crinkles in your fully inflated penis.  If you have crinkles, then you are not fully inflated.  Otherwise, your reservoir would have to have lost fluid which is next to impossible.  The only other possible explanation is that you did have crinkles right after surgery but were not aware of them.  Your surgeon would have known that while you were still in the O. R. however, so that is also extremely unlikely. 

I think it has to be fully inflated to have any chance of molding, and considering the TEP, it might be a little early to be man-handling your penis.  Your greatest molding at this point is tissue expansion from the max inflation you can accomplish for as long as you can accomplish it.  It is also essential since you have been inflated to  DEFLATE to the MAXIMUM to stretch the reservoir scar capsule to prevent auto inflation that can only be corrected with surgery.

You should not have one single concern with the shape of your deflated penis, no matter what the shape is.  At this stage, it means absolutely nothing.

Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 68 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Tortão Pra Direita

• naquele pique
  • Solid Contributor
  • Nick meaning: bent to the right.
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2021, 09:59:36 AM »

Thanks for your reply, Hawk.
I've noted the deflated mode is easily molded by continuous pressure. For example, after coming home I noticed my penis was in an oval shape because it got pressed for a long time against myself. There was this crinkle too.

Before going to sleep, I inflated to something like 90% (I guess. It was really hard and started to make the tips of my glans a little discomfort). The crinkle was there and the oval shape too. However, I woke up today and my penis was in a good shape (more round) and no more crinkle.

Now I deflated but I don't know if I'm 100% deflated. It's pointing to 4 o'clock, though. I'd love to not squeeze my penis now, but unfortunately this "one-touch release" is BS, as the doctor said.

I'm wearing it up but it's really uncomfortable. At least for now.
28 yrs old
Peyronies Sep 2019.
Curvature 70º+ to the right. New plaques at the left "straightened" to around 35~40º.
Lots of plaque, curvature, loss of size, loss of axial rigidity. No Erectile Dysfunction.
Mar/2021 Titan Zero degree 20 cm + 1.5 RTE.
Healing now.

Hawk

• Administrator
    • Peyronie's Disease
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2021, 10:58:08 PM »

If you are totally deflated, you should be able to feel the cylinders and they should be like flattened plastic straws down the length of our penis.  One side of the collapsed cylinder will touch the other side.

In places, they will have bends often referred to as "dog ears".

Tortão Pra Direita

• naquele pique
  • Solid Contributor
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2021, 09:13:04 AM »

Hi, folks! How are you?
2 weeks since surgery today. Regarding size and straightness, I'm not worried. It's straight as an arrow. Even though girth is visibly better, it will improve more. At the base, it is 15 cm. Yea, incredible thicky. But there's a lot of swelling, so probably this is not the real girth. Length is 13 cm at this moment and will improve as months passes by.

As a newbie, I'm facing some issues with the implant. I'm gonna list them in order to check in the future if things get better or not.
Things that NEED to get better regarding the implant:

1. Pump squeeze: I press 2 or 3 times and then the pump gets really hard, then I need to wait for a while to pump again... And then wait again... And no, my penis is not hard rock at this time. I don't know if there is something wrong or I am just a newbie. Maybe is the way I pump. I use both hands because it's simply incredibly difficult to pump using one. And I'm a strong guy, believe me. Also, using one hand is difficult to stabilize the pump, so you press it and then... it scapes in the direction of your dick and it hurts a lot!

2. Deflate mode: it's really difficult to deflate. Yesterday I took 20 minutes to do that and I think I didn't deflate fully. Today I woke up and deflated it, and it was difficult too. The skin of my ballsack is literally forming calluses, and it gets more difficult to perceive where to press. "One-touch-release" is BS, as my doctor said and I'm noticing. One touch is not enough, you need to press the small button hard and hold it every time you squeeze your shaft.

3. Implant malleability: while erected, I simply cannot point my dick anywhere. It doesn't go. It' rigid as [email protected]<. This is a problem because in the future if this bad malleability persists, I won't be able to make any excuse to pump in the bathroom and come with my penis hidden under my pants. Before sex, I'll need to tell the girl I have an implant. It won't happen. I intend to tell just to my future girlfriend, but not to every girl I'll sleep with.

4. Flaccid state: there is no flaccid (yet). It's just a semi (almost total) erection pointing to 4 o'clock. Of course, this has to improve cause it will totally limit the things I used to do before (play football/soccer, ride bike, swim, etc). Sex is just a small part of life, so limiting everything for the sake of sex is ridiculous. To get a better flaccid state in the future, I need to make sure I'm deflating totally in the present.  Just feeling the cylinders is not enough to know the implant is 100% deflated. Yesterday I felt the cylinders but I was not totally deflated (I thought I was). Today I could deflate even more.

5. Cylinder at the left side: I'm not so worried about this, but I hope it improves as well. Even pumped 90%+ it's possible to feel there's material inside my penis if I touch the base of my shaft at the left side. It's not obvious, but it can be felt. I don't know if this is an error of the surgeon or something normal of the Titan.

Well, I may sound pessimistic but I think it's important to list the struggles during recovery. In the future, some men may relate it.
I hope everything improves.
Have a nice day everyone!
28 yrs old
Peyronies Sep 2019.
Curvature 70º+ to the right. New plaques at the left "straightened" to around 35~40º.
Lots of plaque, curvature, loss of size, loss of axial rigidity. No Erectile Dysfunction.
Healing now.

Hawk

• Administrator
    • Peyronie's Disease
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2021, 10:02:50 AM »

Tortão, If you read my journal at week 7 Post-Op, you will see I had about 9 items on my wish list.  I reported on those 9 items until they all improved.

1. I do not understand this.  A new pump is firm to squeeze but is normally not 'hard."

2. I think you need a long soak in a hot tub to get very well acquainted with your pump layout.  Turn loose of it 20 times and see how quickly you can re-grab the deflate button.  Train muscle memory into your hand until it is automatic.  The day will come when you can press the button, and it will lock open.  Some get it in a week.  It took me over 3 months.

3.Do NOT try to bend or point your inflated penis.  Let it go where it goes naturally during the first 3 months.  You will stretch your crus scar capsule and compromise your erect angle.

4. In the beginning, deflated Titan cylinders feel like a crinkly plastic water bottle.  Over time they feel like rubber tubes.  It takes patience.

5. I suspect you are not feeling the cylinders but rather the tubing from the reservoir.  A few things make this more noticeable A if you are very thin /lean, B. If you had a retropubic approach rather than a scrotal approach, C. If you have RTE's because they move the cylinder connection forward.

It will take months, but you will have no trouble inflating discreetly with a woman.  Full inflation will be about 20 pumps.  You can do 15 and easily hide it.  15 will be enough to barely have intercourse, but the other 5 will be very easy to hide.  Do NOT, however, practice this during healing.  Again, do NOT bend your penis against the crus scar capsule.

Tortão Pra Direita

• naquele pique
  • Solid Contributor
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2021, 03:35:26 PM »

I've checked your journal again, Hawk! I'll keep reporting these items I listed till all are improved.

About the pump... firm or hard, I don't know the proper word, but it's difficult to squeeze. Two hands are needed since the beginning. I pump a few times using both hands and then need to wait for 40 seconds ~ 1 minute to pump each time again. Yesterday, before going to sleep, it took a total of 15 minutes to inflate 90%+. I hope the day I can pump/deflate as this man come fast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CctPILaHy9Q

Today, deflating was very difficult too. Calluses are being formed inside my scrotum, and it's really difficult to distinguish the components of the implant. My scrotum is bigger than it was 7 days after surgery (when I wasn't cycling) and there's a thick layer of skin inside it, around the deflate valve. The small deflate button is nearly impossible to be felt now, but I know where it is so I can press it (with difficulty).

I also suspect I have auto-filling (I read in your journal you had the same suspect too). My penis points below 4:00 after deflating, but after staying in my chair with my penis towards my belly, I stand up and my penis is pointing above 4:00. Maybe it's because I stay too much time in this position, who knows.

I'm thinking of taking some days fully deflated without touching my scrotum. The swelling down here is just getting worse.

While inflated, I don't point my dick anywhere. I just let it go with gravity (towards my belly when I'm sleeping). Even if I try, I can't point it to the sides because it's really rigid. However, while deflated, I point it up-right or up-left when I need to see other people. I try to avoid this, but I can't totally. Yesterday I stayed some time with my penis pointed up-left and then, after pumping 90%, my dick was pointing more to the left. Seems the direction of the deflated penis also influences the angle of the inflated.
28 yrs old
Peyronies Sep 2019.
Healing now.

Roddy

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2021, 05:44:01 PM »

Hi Tortao

I had to sleep on my back as I was inflated for 12 days prior to seeing my surgeon. I kind of built a tent-like structure with cushions so the duvet wasn’t sitting on my erection. I also bought 2 pairs of the largest jogging bottoms I could find which let me lie back on the sofa watching TV with my legs up and bent at the knees. This allowed me to have an erection without anyone else in the room
knowing. I also made the point of cycling before bed, when my children were also in bed, and could lie on my bed, fully inflated, for an hour.

You’re doing great. Well done so far.
Aged 49 congenital curvature and then Peyronies onset, excision and grafting not successful,
Coloplast Titan implant on June 3rd, 2019 to correct a 90 degree bend
Dr. Mike Fraser - Glasgow, Scotland.

Hawk

• Administrator
    • Peyronie's Disease
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2021, 09:46:50 PM »

Tortão,

I do not speak as an expert.  I have no experience with this, so I do not want to concern you by even bringing this topic up.  I do think, however, that you should speak to your surgeon.  I want you to get immediate confirmation you do not have an infection.

I do not at all understand you not being able to squeeze your pump at least ten pumps in 30 seconds.
It is not typical to have swelling in your scrotum. (tenderness yes, swelling NO)
Dr. Eid told me one of the signs to watch for is a change where I could not feel the pump's details.  I always checked to be sure I could feel the ridges on the pump bulb.  To be certain, if you can soak, do this in a tub of hot water, so your scrotum is relaxed.  Ask your surgeon about these issues and what warning signs you should know about. 

I understand that with a TEP, your procedure was somewhat different.  My hope is that you can address this so you can quickly put this possibility out of the picture.

Best wishes for a great recovery, my friend.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up