Libido

Previous topic - Next topic

Patientxyz1992

Hey guys i need some venting, 7 years ago i injured my pebis, prior to that i was having constant erotic dreams, i would have need and lust to jerk off and cum otherwise i would be consumed with sexual fantay and i couldnt concentrate on anything else tons of erotic dreams,now after injury no libido whatssoever, sometimes i have it but with weak fantasy, sometimes i get bit horny but i can go weeks without masturbation, no erotic dreams and sometimes after injury i was dreaming that my cock was falling off..

Wtf should i do, even if i fix this injury with implant or surgery and fix my penis my mind is destroyed, is my mind destroyed for good or not? What do you guys think

Regards!
29 years old with injury induced Peyronies Disease - 7 years ago
Straight erections but easy to lose and hard to fill with soft glans
No morning erections
been depressed but not anymore
The biggest problem with my Peyronies Disease is loss of sexual desire.

Hawk

"Minds" are plastic meaning VERY malleable.  I really want to scream this!  YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR BRAIN.  YOUR BRAIN IS NOT IN CHARGE OF YOU!< <  <

There is no limit. I was once worrying if my fingers were the right size and shape to learn to play guitar. I felt a little defeated and unsure of my potential, then I saw a disabled Veteran who learned to play guitar with his feet. The reason was not that he had awesome feet.  He would not let his brain set false limitations on him.  Just like a vehicle allowed to weave all over the road, we can let our brains run uncontrolled to destroy us, or we can steer them to work for us.

Your dick cannot talk to your mind.  It did not tell your mind to stop having erotic dreams.  You did that.  Just as surely as you changed your own mind when you got Peyronies Disease, you can change it now, and you could certainly change it if you got an implant or other treatment or no treatment.

I am shocked at the ignorance that exists about managing our minds.  If there is ANYTHING, this community needs to learn and practice, it is this.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Patientxyz1992

Hey hawk appreciete your reply, i think the biggest impact with peyronie is mental one, i hope you are right and i can get back to my previous self, but idk where is good place to start, idk should i go to some psychiatrist becouse i cannot help this myself... Open for suggestions  
29 years old with injury induced Peyronies Disease - 7 years ago
Straight erections but easy to lose and hard to fill with soft glans
No morning erections
been depressed but not anymore
The biggest problem with my Peyronies Disease is loss of sexual desire.

Hawk

In the United States, A psychiatrist is actually a medical doctor, and their emphasis is more on prescribing medication (anti-depressants, etc.) than on counseling.  These often make Erectile Dysfunction worse.

A Psychologist focuses more on counseling.  A PsyD has more emphasis on clinical work with patients than a Ph.D. in psychology.

All I can tell you is to search the internet for counselors in your area.  I would tend to look for a good counselor in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).  Remember, there are more poor or bad counselors than good ones.

For things you can do on your own, please consider these resources.  They go a long way to teach you how to manage your brain, and they can change your life.

For years I avoided meditation as something I, by nature, dismissed.  However, it works for a multitude of reasons.  One reason is it teaches you to stop ruminating on negative thoughts and how to let them pass.  It takes a little time to learn, but if you are consistent within a week, you are getting it.  Here is about the best free site around. -----> www.insighttimer.com

Learn how to meditate in 7 days (Free) -----> https://insighttimer.com/meditation-courses/course_learn-how-to-meditate-in-seven-days

For a full understanding of how to truly impact your level of happiness, first learn how then do it. Trying is better than complaining that it won't work.  Here is a free Yale course.
LINK----->https://www.coursera.org/learn/the-science-of-well-being?fbclid=IwAR2eJ4IUorZSpVc5mh4ThQwygogR9kVFo4MUWZuByo3yoMfM7rfu0AwaElQ
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums