Nesbit: Revise curvature and remove stitches

Previous topic - Next topic

SCH06

Hello

I underwent, in Belgium, more than a year and a half ago a nesbit surgery with non resorbable sutures.

I am considering revising the surgery because I still have a residual curvature and the sutures are bothering me.

A surgeon suggests revising my curvature with absorbable sutures

But what could happen if the sutures are removed from my penis? Will the old curvature come back or has my penis taken a definitive shape?

Thank you

I had a Nesbit or Yachia plication modified for 70 degree downward curvature

Residual curvature of 40 degrees

Daremo

Quote from: SCH06 on March 17, 2021, 11:45:31 AM
Hello

I underwent, in Belgium, more than a year and a half ago a nesbit surgery with non resorbable sutures.

I am considering revising the surgery because I still have a residual curvature and the sutures are bothering me.

But what could happen if the sutures are removed from my penis? Will the old curvature come back or has my penis taken a definitive shape?

Thank you

I could only image that if the permanent sutures are holding the shape, once you have those removed, the curve will return to pre surgery. Are you a candidate for a different type of surgery? Grafting perhaps?
51 Years old, Autoimmune my entire life
Peyronies From Feb 2020. 80 Degree dorsal curve, hour glassing, much pain. 
PEG Surgery WAS on Feb 10, 2021 with Dr Levine
Success: 85% - Graft slipped, deformed, but better than it was.

SCH06

but how is this possible, I had an excision, I lost 1 inch of length to equalize the 2 sides
Some guys have had surgery with absorbable stitches, are you sure of what you are telling me?

No I don't want to do a grafting, the rate of erectile dysfunction is higher

SCH06

Can someone please inform? I have had surgery that shortens one side to even out the other, I have not had surgery with sutures that tighten one side without removing any corpus Cavernosum.

Hawk

Sch06,

I am sorry you are not getting more of a response.  Others are more informed than I am about plication, surgery.  It is not clear to me how to do this with absorbable sutures unless there is a modified plication with excision and growing back together at the point where the excision was made.

Part of the reason you do not get more answers is you have no signature line.  That will get you more answers and answers that happy to your case.  Men do not like to have to keep typing questions.

Read this and make a signature line.  If you need help I will help you. -----------> https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,10819.0.html
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

SCH06

Quote removed by Administrator -

Hello Hawk,

I just added my signature

I did have a modified nesbit or Yachia (according to my surgeon), so I think my stitches are now totally useless. But I'm afraid that removing them will make me go back to the way I was before.

Have any of the guys on the forum who have had a revision had this problem?

Hawk

Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Alex83

Quote from: SCH06 on March 17, 2021, 11:45:31 AM
Hello

Thank you

I read the story of Jack1909 who said he had his permanent stitches removed and his curvature remained unchanged

But I think he is the only one

But I also read that Tom lue and Laurence Levine have already removed sutures after surgery because the patients complained of discomfort, I guess the curve did not come back
27 yo

- 01/2020: Nesbit surgery for a 50 degrees downward curvature with Dr.Faix (FR) : bad result

- 12/2022 : Surgery correction with Dr.Gelman US

- Now : Indentation on the left dorsal side with a rotation to the left that appeared, try Restorex