RestoreX Clamping Question

Previous topic - Next topic

funpanda

I am having trouble clamping hard enough to cover the white lines. The only way is to clamp it at the lowest level (painful) and afterwards my head/glans will be purple and bruised looking which I am sure is not normal. I am using gauze and the tape provided. Any tips?

1st symptoms date: random morning November 2020 but no physical injuries caused this
Treatment trying: RestoreX, Manual stretching, vitamin E, CoQ10
Deformity: 40 degrees diagonal left/up, hourglassing, girth/length loss

Blake420

If you're just starting, be patient.  Word search "restorex " on this forum and read all  the first-hand advice that the guys give here. I got my restorex a couple weeks ago and I would've given up by now but for reading all of the posts on this site. I can pretty much assure you that any problem you are having with it has been already had by someone who has posted here.

You could start out with some hand traction to stretch your penis before clamping it, or just don't worry about the white lines to start off with so that you can just get used to wearing the device.  

I had some bruising on the head that went away within a day or so, and then I started using a small piece of used dryer sheet over the glans before wrapping it.  Other guys have similar fixes to avoid the bruising.

I also understand that the toll-free number is always available and very helpful.

The restorex isn't "State of the art" but I think it's a pretty good contraption. It just takes a lot of patience in the beginning. Even after a few successful sessions with it, you might take a few steps back in successfully using it for 30 straight minutes.  I've slipped out of it several times.

But at the end if the day, i've decided that if it doesn't work for me (straight traction hasn't worked nor has Pentox or some of the other oral meds),  I'm just going to live with my situation. To my thinking, my penis and a surgeon's scalpel belong nowhere near each other.  
55, married, diagnosed at 50, have tried Pentox and now using proextender.  30 degree curve upward about 1.5 inches from head...profound shortening.

CAD

Come May 2021 I've been using restored for 1year so I am familiar with it. I had the same concerns about the bruising and flattened shape after traction but mine always goes away within the hour...probably better expressed as minutes. One thing you can do and this does work. Start out with the lower tension at a lower clamp setting and give about 5 minutes. I usually use the first clamp position for two intervals of increased traction.Then as you go to higher setting give the extra notch of clamp down. By this time you are more stretched out and thin in girth and it works much better.  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

knowledge81

Quote from: CAD on March 15, 2021, 06:35:48 PM
Come May 2021 I've been using restored for 1year so I am familiar with it. I had the same concerns about the bruising and flattened shape after traction but mine always goes away within the hour...probably better expressed as minutes. One thing you can do and this does work. Start out with the lower tension at a lower clamp setting and give about 5 minutes. I usually use the first clamp position for two intervals of increased traction.Then as you go to higher setting give the extra notch of clamp down. By this time you are more stretched out and thin in girth and it works much better.

Hi, using for 1 year, OK, so have there been any negative effects from using it? I haven't bought because I figured it would not be good to clamp down the head in a vice like device! I have indentation on top and sides near base, would this be good for that? I just started manual hand traction this week.
Diagnosed: July 2020
Shape: 45° up (plaque on sides & top)
Treatments: ESWT
Supplements: L-Citrulline, French Maritime Pine Bark Extract.

Straighten up flyright

Quote from: funpanda on March 14, 2021, 04:29:49 PM
I am having trouble clamping hard enough to cover the white lines. The only way is to clamp it at the lowest level (painful) and afterwards my head/glans will be purple and bruised looking which I am sure is not normal. I am using gauze and the tape provided. Any tips?

Have you adjusted the clamp up to make it a bit bigger? Also, be pretty liberal with the tape. I find it needs 2 clicks down to hold in place (Ive adusted it to open the clamp more) and I make sure Ive got 2 or 3 wraps of tape. I find it hurts for a couple of minutes and then passes, but agree with other comments - take your time with it, go slow  
Diagnosed: Feb 2021
Bend: 45 degrees upward
ED: Yes
Treatments: VED, CoQu10 commencing restoreX
Married

CAD

Initially I had the same concerns about the clamp. I haven't experienced any negative effects. It helped with indentation some but everyone is different.  I estimate a 15% reduction in curvature since using it maybe a little more. The device broke for the first time a couple if weeks ago. I sent it in for repair and just got it back ...starting back to the routine tomorrow. It's the only break I've taken in just over a year if use.
Quote from: knowledge81 on August 08, 2021, 12:14:25 AM
Hi, using for 1 year, OK, so have there been any negative effects from using it? I haven't bought because I figured it would not be good to clamp down the head in a vice like device! I have indentation on top and sides near base, would this be good for that? I just started manual hand traction this week.

knowledge81

Quote from: CAD on August 11, 2021, 08:26:32 PM
Initially I had the same concerns about the clamp. I haven't experienced any negative effects. It helped with indentation some but everyone is different.  I estimate a 15% reduction in curvature since using it maybe a little more. The device broke for the first time a couple if weeks ago. I sent it in for repair and just got it back ...starting back to the routine tomorrow. It's the only break I've taken in just over a year if use.

OK, good to see it has helped you. Have you made any other lifestyle changes? How are yr stress levels? Supplements? Diet? Exercise?

CAD

I'm taking L-Arginine, multivitamin, and mushroom extracts daily and walk 2-3 miles most days. Stress levels could be better. Other than that no other lifestyle changes.

Quote from: knowledge81 on August 12, 2021, 03:40:28 AM
OK, good to see it has helped you. Have you made any other lifestyle changes? How are yr stress levels? Supplements? Diet? Exercise?

knowledge81

Quote from: CAD on August 12, 2021, 06:04:03 AM
I'm taking L-Arginine, multivitamin, and mushroom extracts daily and walk 2-3 miles most days. Stress levels could be better. Other than that no other lifestyle changes.

Good to know. I was looking at mushroom stuff the other day (I'm in East Asia). Why did you start taking it? Any help?