Masturbation

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmi85

How does masturbating effect erectile dysfunction and Peyronies? Both good and bad? I ask this as I masturbate a lot, more than the average guy and I would be interested to hear peoples thoughts on this subject.

I am fairly sure that my Peyronies was caused by excessive rough masturbation where I wasn't particularly hard but just wanted a 'quick release' among making with the fact that I was sometimes doing it 3 or 4 times a day. I know do it nightly and if I wake up with a raging erection often in the morning as well to get rid of it.

Is there any clinical evidence to show that an abstance is beneficial or is it a case of just listening to your own body/penis?

I'm not in a relationship and don't plan to be until I get myself fixed so it's not like I'm pleasuring myself instead of someone else.

For any that did stop/cut down what did you do to stop? I have got myself into such a routine now that I often have trouble sleeping if I don't masturbate before I go to sleep so I know psychologically it will be difficult given my high sex drive and the fact that I've done it now for so long but hopefully the physical benefits will far out weight this.

Thoughts are welcome!  
37 yr old type 1 diabetic. Implanted with a 18cm Titan by Michael Fraser 14/2/22 using scrotal incision. Has implant due to 70 dorsal curvature, erections were average ore surgery

Hawk

I know of no study on masturbation, but a few things are known, and from those, we can draw conclusions.  Erections, in general, are good for oxygenating penile tissue.  Frequent erections are better than less frequent erections.  From that, you can ask yourself if you get more or less frequent erections if you reduce masturbation.

Next is the issue of trauma to the inflamed penile tissue.  Does masturbation in general and specifically the way you masturbation cause trauma to the tissue in your penis?

Those answers might vary with the individual.  The answer to the 2nd quest no doubt varies with; location of plaque, method of masturbation, and quality of erections.  Even the amount of trauma or micro-trauma it takes to aggravate Peyronies Disease will vary from one man to another. You are far more likely to cause trauma if you are aggressive or use no lubricant.  Also, it is more likely to cause trauma if you do not have a full erection.  This causes the tunica or body of the penis to accordion or bend back and forth as you masturbate.  The same is true of having intercourse with an erection that is less than firm.  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Jimmi85

Thanks Hawk, much appreciated as always  
37 yr old type 1 diabetic. Implanted with a 18cm Titan by Michael Fraser 14/2/22 using scrotal incision. Has implant due to 70 dorsal curvature, erections were average ore surgery

markdubby

this has been my doubt for a while. what if masturbation is possible completely avoiding the plaque with the hand? will it still get somehow irritated/further inflamed by the movement?
30, ~20-30 degrees right bend beginning of 02/2021. Small plaque under gland on right side of the shaft
04/21 Plaque right side under glans
07/21 plaque by base
10 deg curvature at base + narrowing
1.8 g Citrulline 2-3 g ALCAR, 6-8h daily with PM

Hawk

Let's be realistic.  No one can tell you what your masturbation will do to your plaque.  There are limitless variables.  Take the information in my previous post, then think about the issues, plan what you intend to do, and observe the outcome with objective monitoring.  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums