How quick to cycle after implant?

Previous topic - Next topic

cold brew

I see Lentz again on Thursday, so I'll ask him some questions also.

After implant how many days can you go before cycling to not loose length? I know Eid is 3 days.....but about how many days could you go before loosing length?
My surgery is on the 9th, with my first postop on the 29th. I feel like 20 days will be too long. I will try to get an earlier date when I see him Thursday.
Do they ever recommend that you cycle before the postop visit?
I know the pain will be great, but I would fear I would not be able to deflate.
51 yrs old. Married, Had venous leak since young.
Couldn't maintain erections.
Injections did not work,
Had a 45-degree bend for over one yr.
Using VED trying to regain size.
Implant March 9th Titan 22cm by Dr. Lentz

Hawk

Cycling at 3 days I would not say the pain was great.  I would say it was significant, but it increased incrementally the longer you were inflated so you could bale out at any moment.  Pumping was painful but doable. Being able to sit in a tub of hot water was the key.

I never had a post-op visit with Dr. Did.  The did give me a life size 3D model of the Titan pump so I could orient myself with the release before I ever pumped.  He also gave me his cell phone number and told me I could call him directly after hours and weekends.

I think many surgeons will make you deflate in the office before the will allow you to pump.  Some send you home inflated.  Dr Eid is opposed to that because he wants the reservoir capsul is not constricted.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

cold brew

I feel a lot better after todays appt with Lentz.
He said I could cycle before first postop appt (20 days from surgery), and I could also call and they would get me in sooner. I'll see when StepOne first cycled. Lentz said 20 days he would not worry about losing any size. Everything I have read on the forums seems to be earlier the better. So, few days after surgery I'll call to get earlier first postop. I could always try it on my own, but it's kind of scary thinking of having trouble deflating.

He said I still have good elasticity, and my stretch was a lot better than before. I can only say that the VED has gained some length back. He measured 5 7/8, so that made me happy. I lost some length/girth, but its better than 2 years ago when it was 5" with Eid. I have never measured with a ruler, but have put tape on cylinder of pump. I could tell by the tape mark it increased from pumping, so didn't think it made much difference when not under vacuum. I'll definitely still pump 2 times a day till surgery. I'll go easy, so as not to cause problems as I am 4 days out.
I'll look at my notes, but I am sure he noted not much plaque. Could the VED have helped with this?
I was never told to do anything special before surgery. No antibacterial soap, or any cleansing solution.  
Injections did not work,

TDix

Hmm you should definitely clean your body with special soap before surgery....I am certain you will come out of this a new man.  You got this!
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

cold brew

I did buy dial antibacterial soap to use now till surgery.  Thanks

I hope it's not a fantasy land dream to have a working dick again. When I masturbate my glans engorge. I was reading the notes he left, and it states my penis will be no longer than maximum stretched length, and my glans will not have any engorgement after surgery.
Is this just normal what Drs say? He never asked if they engorge still. We really didn't talk about that but it's in his notes. Should they engorge when excited before sex after surgery?
Injections did not work,

Hawk

I, too, am surprised that you were no ordered to use specialty antimicrobial soap.  Hibiclens is the usual recommended pre-surgery soap.  It is over-the-counter and available at most drug stores, including Walmart.
Dr. Eid also gives strict instructions about not shaving the pubic area yourself since a nick days before surgery can give entrance to bacteria.

You must also ask how soon you can sit in a hot bath.

I would directly ask for (if not insist) on a model of the implant pump.  It is a huge help at training your hands at the feel and layout.  If you attempt to cycle before a post-op visit, as do most patients who travel distances for surgery, I would be in a hot bath at the time.  If not allowed, then I would be in a hot shower. Not only does it reduce pain, but it also relaxes the scrotum and makes everything easier to locate and identify.  On the very first attempt, I would only pump enough that you can tell for certain that your penis is expanding.  Then I would depress the deflate valve, hold, and squeeze your penis with the other hand.  If it deflates, then you are good to go.  If not, then you don't have a full erection to deal with while you spend time finding and operating that valve.  A full erection will become very uncomfortable quickly, and it will be distracting if you are on the phone with your doctor or one of us 3 hours later trying to deflate.

On the subject of Glans erections.  The surgeon will in no way impact this.  That is true of even an inferior surgeon.  I think his instruction is to cover his butt and make it clear he is doing nothing for Erectile Dysfunction patients to help the glans get erect.  I can assure you he is doing nothing to prevent it.  It is not even in question.

Hawk

Here is what I consider Very Important post-op advice.

Anyone getting a scrotal approach will realize this is the most tender area after the surgery. Lay down flat as soon as you get home from the hospital.
1. Initially, you must lay flat, so your body is not higher than the scrotum.  If anything, then a pillow under your butt while laying flat to make your torso and lower legs lower than your scrotum.

2. cold compresses are your best friend.  Prepare now with cold packs, ice bags, or even good ziplock bags with 50%water/50% alcohol.  They should stay flexible and form to the body. Take one to the hospital in a cooler or fill a bag with ice before leaving the hospotal.

3. When you sit, including the ride home, you need to either have a "C" shaped cushion or roll a bath towel and bend it into a "V" shape with the point under your spine and the arms of the "V" under each leg.

4. Do NOT sit on a soft pillow.  Your body will depress it, and it will immediately push up on your scrotum.  One lesson will be all you need.

5. If you can take hot baths, In the first two weeks, You must still keep most of your body lower than your scrotum[/b].  That means your upper body in the water, or it will actually encourage swelling rather than reduce it.  Unless you have a huge tub, your knees and part of your legs will be higher.

cold brew

Thanks Hawk, for replying about the glans quickly.
I was just typing a message to Lentz through their website. I am not sure he would even see this before the surgery. I'll send it anyway, but will not worry about it if there is nothing he does during surgery to help/hurt the glans.

I was reading through the past visits on the app. It does say to use Hibiclens. I just bought the CVS store brand as they are sold out.
It also says not to shave. I thought they would have told this in face to face meetings. It could be in my paperwork I'll look it over good tonight. I did ask the one nurse is there anything special I need to do pre surgery. She said no. So, no preop appt. I go for covid test 3-8 with surgery 3-9

He also gave me the key chain pump model along with a information packet.

Hawk, if there is anything you can say to me before surgery, whether it's about Lentz, or anything in general you can send a PM.  
Injections did not work,

TDix

Sounds like Lentz doesn't have much bed side manner.  I was given my special soap the day we decided on an implant, even before it was scheduled.  Yafi gave me very specific instructions and also had them in my post office visit paperwork.  If I had any questions he gave me his personal email and responded very quickly to any concerns.  To tell you that you won't have any glans engorgement is troubling.  That goes against everything we know, unless it is that it does not engorge now.  Not saying Lentz is a bad choice, it's just a very different experience vs mine with Yafi

cold brew

TDix,

it is my fault for not reading through all my 11 pages of paperwork. The info is all there on pre-op. Use Hibiclens, inspect skin make sure no problems, do not shave.

If Hawk says the surgery has nothing to do with glans I'm sure he is right. That may just be standard in his notes, because right after that he has staying overnight in the hospital, and released the next day. He has not had you stay overnight since covid started.

There are a lot of notes typed, and this is in black bold letter "penis will be no longer than it is with maximum stretched penile length and that his glans will not have any engorgement after surgery "

The length I can see, but that did make me second guess about the glans since it was not talked about.  
Injections did not work,

TDix

Yeah that point is kind of troublesome to me.  I never talked about my glans with Yafi, because he was very clear that the implant would not affect them

TDix

Also I would add, yes Lentz gave you the instructions that you did not see at first, but he should have talked through all of this with you in person IMO.  Anyone can get details on procedures from the Internet, but when it comes to a surgeon, I want a face to face interaction that can be the difference