Do you stop using VED 2 weeks before implant?

Previous topic - Next topic

cold brew

I have been searching the forums, but can not find the answer. I know I read somewhere maybe here that is recommended to stop using the VED for 2 weeks before being implanted.
I want everything to go right on March 9th.  
51 yrs old. Married, Had venous leak since young.
Couldn't maintain erections.
Injections did not work,
Had a 45-degree bend for over one yr.
Using VED trying to regain size.
Implant March 9th Titan 22cm by Dr. Lentz

Hawk

I can say that I see no logic in that.  Although I never asked, I was never told that by Dr. Eid.  I used traction and the VED up to 24 hours before surgery.  If my memory serves me I did some manual stretching hours before surgery.  I was conservative to make sure I did not cause a hematoma which almost requires stupidity to do but I wanted as much stretch as I could get.

I was awake during surgery talking and joking with Dr. Eid prior to surgery on the operating table being prepped. I spoke to him occasionally during surgery. The anesthesiologist told me it I distracted Dr. Eid by talking too much during surgery he would knock me out without warning. In fact, I posted on the form from the operating room.  There were no issues caused by my VED and traction use.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Old Man

Note about using VED and traction:

The main purpose of continuing using the VED and traction all the way up to the day of surgery is to provide the maximum size of the implant at time of surgery,

This also provides the best implant and gives the best overall success.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

cold brew

51 yrs old. Married, Had venous leak since young.
Couldn't maintain erections.
Injections did not work,
Had a 45-degree bend for over one yr.
Using VED trying to regain size.
Implant March 9th Titan 22cm by Dr. Lentz

Stepone

Cold brew

If you are comfortable with it, take some before and after photos.
You should also take before and after measurements.
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Hawk

I second that idea.  Very careful objective measurements written down and photos EVEN IF YOU NEVER POST THEM.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

SW01

I did stop the ved about 2 days before my implant just to make sure I did not have any issues but just because I sometimes had so.e tissue swelling. I did traction though up to the day before surgery.
Dealt with ED, Peyronies, & venous leak for 3 yrs.
implant on March 7, 2019 w/ a Titan 18 cm plus 1cm RTE
Revision after hernia surgery. Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY
Removed Titan and put in LGX 18 cm plus 2 RTE's, 20 cm total.