Excision and Grafting (PEG) surgery with Dr Levine: JOURNAL

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GaussRifle

There you go ! Ask the doctor if you need to do traction eventually to restore length.
26 year old
45-50 degree downward curve with an indentation on one side when erect.
Using RestoreX and Xiaflex injections
Taking coq10 with daily Cialis 5mg.

Benjamin62

Did Levine encourage you to use traction.

I gotta tell you, I had Plication with a synthetic graft and there is no way that I'm going to be monkeying with my penis...

Daremo

Quote from: Benjamin62 on February 25, 2021, 05:24:09 PM
Did Levine encourage you to use traction.

I gotta tell you, I had Plication with a synthetic graft and there is no way that I'm going to be monkeying with my penis...

Dr Levine has already had me on Traction BEFORE the surgery, and said I will be using it again in recovery. Im not sure if it will be used this soon, but I'll know more in 4 days. I have tried both Restorex and Penimaster pro.
51 Years old, Autoimmune my entire life
Peyronies From Feb 2020. 80 Degree dorsal curve, hour glassing, much pain. 
PEG Surgery WAS on Feb 10, 2021 with Dr Levine
Success: 85% - Graft slipped, deformed, but better than it was.

TDix

Don't worry about size right now, that will improve with time.  You had a lot of trauma down there and body's reflex is to tighten up.  My pelvic floor was super tight for a good 4 months, then with a little therapy it all relaxed
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

Daremo

Quote from: TDix on February 25, 2021, 06:52:45 PM
Don't worry about size right now, that will improve with time.  You had a lot of trauma down there and body's reflex is to tighten up.  My pelvic floor was super tight for a good 4 months, then with a little therapy it all relaxed

This is the exact sort of information I hunt for. Thank you for posting. I'm new, and unsure of so much, it's good to hear people who have gone through it. That also makes sense. I even told the Mrs yesterday, I could work with this if we have to. haha
51 Years old, Autoimmune my entire life
Peyronies From Feb 2020. 80 Degree dorsal curve, hour glassing, much pain. 
PEG Surgery WAS on Feb 10, 2021 with Dr Levine
Success: 85% - Graft slipped, deformed, but better than it was.

Daremo

Day 16 Post Op:

About the same as yesterday, so far today!
51 Years old, Autoimmune my entire life
Peyronies From Feb 2020. 80 Degree dorsal curve, hour glassing, much pain. 
PEG Surgery WAS on Feb 10, 2021 with Dr Levine
Success: 85% - Graft slipped, deformed, but better than it was.

TDix

As embarrassing as pelvic floor therapy is for a man, I truly believe it would help your situation.  PM me with any questions
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

bustedchubb

Yeah, it can be a little embarrassing, but I've been getting therapy for 8 months now and has done wonders and it really isn't that bad. 
45 Yrs old, Peyronies Disease Onset 11/2019, Stabilized 6/2020.

Dent/Hourglassing distal and dorsal side, lost length and girth.

Underwent Plication with Dr. Brian Christine in Birmingham, AL on 6/17/2021. Fully recovered with no complications.

Daremo

Quote from: TDix on February 26, 2021, 06:37:33 PM
As embarrassing as pelvic floor therapy is for a man, I truly believe it would help your situation.  PM me with any questions

PM sent! Thanks!
51 Years old, Autoimmune my entire life
Peyronies From Feb 2020. 80 Degree dorsal curve, hour glassing, much pain. 
PEG Surgery WAS on Feb 10, 2021 with Dr Levine
Success: 85% - Graft slipped, deformed, but better than it was.

Daremo

Day 17 Post Op:

A little better each day! I'm pretty sure all the showing stitches have come out. Im thankful for that, a bit less itch and irritation. Pain is better, swelling is better. Going well!
51 Years old, Autoimmune my entire life
Peyronies From Feb 2020. 80 Degree dorsal curve, hour glassing, much pain. 
PEG Surgery WAS on Feb 10, 2021 with Dr Levine
Success: 85% - Graft slipped, deformed, but better than it was.

GaussRifle

26 year old
45-50 degree downward curve with an indentation on one side when erect.
Using RestoreX and Xiaflex injections
Taking coq10 with daily Cialis 5mg.

Daremo

Day 18 Post Op:

Again, like a broken record, it's a little bit better each day. Swelling slowly going down, the only place left with swelling is around the incision area. Thats also the are with some feeling loss, which is coming back a tiny bit. More on one side than the other. Stitches are 95% gone as far as I can tell. I can feel one or 2 in there still. Since swelling's gone down, theres a few bumps I can feel under the still. I figure internal stitches perhaps? one is quite high for where the graft was, I'll ask tomorrow.

Nightly Cialis is much better. There's mild discomfort, and the pain no longer wakes me up. Erections are still not "full" but decent. Getting "urges" again, but knowing I can't do anything with the mrs for at least a month yet, possibly longer, is frustrating, but I'm good with going slow, to make sure it stays fixed.

I've been doing more day to day things, I can wear regular pants now without much discomfort. By the end of the say, it's sore.
51 Years old, Autoimmune my entire life
Peyronies From Feb 2020. 80 Degree dorsal curve, hour glassing, much pain. 
PEG Surgery WAS on Feb 10, 2021 with Dr Levine
Success: 85% - Graft slipped, deformed, but better than it was.

Daremo

Day 20 Post Op:

Yesterday was my follow up with the Dr. Everything is perfectly on par with normal, and everything I am experiencing is common. This took a bit of worry off of my mind!

Manual stretching and remodeling with message twice a day for 5 to 10 minutes a day, and traction begins at 6 weeks post op. We try to do 1 hour a day, with the goal of 3 hours per day after that.

I had so many questions, and here's some of the take aways...

The internal stitches will likely always be felt. They will soften, but never disappear. Get used to the lumps.

It is extremely rare for someone to develop Peyronies again after the surgery.

There COULD be a natural curve appear over time up to 30 degrees in any direction. This is considered normal. 30 degrees seems extreme to me for normal.

In 6 months the graft will harden and stretch less. This is why traction is important to continue use, as it takes almost a full 12 months for the graft to full incorporate into my own tissue. Eventually, it will soften again, and stretch.

6-8 weeks before sexual activity (Intercourse)

I won't feel "Normal" again for 6 months.

They consider fully healed 12 months after surgery.

As far as me today? Pain is better, squeezing the glans to manually stretch is tender. I figured that would be difficult but it's better then expected. Swelling is better. Night and day from a week ago. Erections are already getting a bit better. No where near "ready" but each day I get closer to being over this.
51 Years old, Autoimmune my entire life
Peyronies From Feb 2020. 80 Degree dorsal curve, hour glassing, much pain. 
PEG Surgery WAS on Feb 10, 2021 with Dr Levine
Success: 85% - Graft slipped, deformed, but better than it was.

Daremo

Day 22 Post Op:

I think these may become a bit less frequent as I really don't have much to add at this moment. Im just taking it as slow as possible. The stretching and remodeling can be a bit difficult to will yourself to do, because it's tender, and sore still. I still am swollen a bit around the base and the incision, so it's hard to motivate myself to put myself thought more discomfort. Just keep on doing what Im supposed to and see how it goes!
51 Years old, Autoimmune my entire life
Peyronies From Feb 2020. 80 Degree dorsal curve, hour glassing, much pain. 
PEG Surgery WAS on Feb 10, 2021 with Dr Levine
Success: 85% - Graft slipped, deformed, but better than it was.

Daremo

Day 23 Post Op:

One thing I am learning, and to help others in the same state as me, I have never had surgery before. So, I can't say I knew what to expect. I have always bounced back from things quickly, so in my mind, I said this would be bad for a few days, but I'd be back on my feet and feeling good in 3 days to a week. Man, was I wrong. 23 days later and im no where near feeling normal. It's a process. A long process. This has kicked my ass more then I expected. Not in a painful, excruciating way, but sensitivity, and tenderness, being sore, and careful. I can see how this can mentally stress you out and make you worry about using it sexually. There's going to be a lot of mental healing with this im sure.
51 Years old, Autoimmune my entire life
Peyronies From Feb 2020. 80 Degree dorsal curve, hour glassing, much pain. 
PEG Surgery WAS on Feb 10, 2021 with Dr Levine
Success: 85% - Graft slipped, deformed, but better than it was.

Mikel7

Quote from: Daremo on March 05, 2021, 04:46:05 PM
Day 23 Post Op:

One thing I am learning, and to help others in the same state as me, I have never had surgery before. So, I can't say I knew what to expect. I have always bounced back from things quickly, so in my mind, I said this would be bad for a few days, but I'd be back on my feet and feeling good in 3 days to a week. Man, was I wrong. 23 days later and im no where near feeling normal. It's a process. A long process. This has kicked my ass more then I expected. Not in a painful, excruciating way, but sensitivity, and tenderness, being sore, and careful. I can see how this can mentally stress you out and make you worry about using it sexually. There's going to be a lot of mental healing with this im sure.

I say you are doing an excellent job at recovering! Dr Levine is my Dr and it gives me the courage to know that if I need this surgery in the future I get an idea of what to expect. Keep on healing man. I have had about 7 major surgeries in my life ,(one was heart surgery) and they all take time to recover from it. After my heart surgery I dealt with severe fatigue and worrying at times if my heart was going
to stop. The mental challenges are there ,but try to only focus on the good positive things that are happening in your body. :)  You are an inspiration to all of us!!
Lump April 2020, age 61 , Dr Levine 6-26-20,
Dorsal Curve 11-1-20 , Peyronies
Vit E400mg, COQ10, ALCAR, Heat Therapy, Penimaster, Pentox, Cialis, Restorex
had SNHL 7-31-20 - Stopped all Meds because ototoxicity  Heat/traction/VED are working.

Daremo

Quote from: mikel7 on March 06, 2021, 12:06:40 PM
I say you are doing an excellent job at recovering! Dr Levine is my Dr and it gives me the courage to know that if I need this surgery in the future I get an idea of what to expect. Keep on healing man. I have had about 7 major surgeries in my life ,(one was heart surgery) and they all take time to recover from it. After my heart surgery I dealt with severe fatigue and worrying at times if my heart was going
to stop. The mental challenges are there ,but try to only focus on the good positive things that are happening in your body. :)  You are an inspiration to all of us!!

I don't envy you all the surgery. And heart on top of it, that's certainly something not to take lightly. All that PLUS Peyronies? Man, I'm sorry!

When I first looked up my symptoms (Pain, hour glassing, hard lump, and the hinge) I figured out quickly this was Peyronies. I then found this forum. I talked to my regular urologist who had me purchase Restorex. So, in the beginning, I went through this forum and tried all the other methods to fix me first. The most intriguing one for me was the use of DMSO with Vitamin C, and Xantham Gum to make this slurry. That, and heat with restorex for hours and hours, did zero for me. The only option I found was surgery. I think Dr. Levine feels like everything else is either snake oil. Restorex is not for me. Penimaster Pro is SO much better. I start that again in 3 weeks.

Basically, If you do need the surgery, Levine is a very smart choice. I trust the DR and the process. My dark and inpatient mind can sometimes spin me in the wrong direction, but this little journal actually helps. This isn't exactly a surgery I told many people about, some of the closest people in my life don't know, so this is a huge help for me mentally to talk things out here. I DO hope it helps someone here, or at least eases someone's mind.

I was TERRIFIED of this surgery. What I thought was going to be horrible, wasn't, and what I thought was going to be a piece of cake wasn't. Over all, I'm glad I did this. I keep telling myself "Have the surgery, it's an instant fix, then you heal. Done." I simplify it, and take it day to day.
51 Years old, Autoimmune my entire life
Peyronies From Feb 2020. 80 Degree dorsal curve, hour glassing, much pain. 
PEG Surgery WAS on Feb 10, 2021 with Dr Levine
Success: 85% - Graft slipped, deformed, but better than it was.

Daremo

Day 24 Post Op:

Same today as yesterday. Stretching and remodeling is still a challenge. The glans and tip is still very sensitive. Remodeling only raises dumb questions in my mind like "Why is there a stitch way over here?" and things like that.

I almost wish I had my surgery on video, so I can see exactly what I'm feeling.
51 Years old, Autoimmune my entire life
Peyronies From Feb 2020. 80 Degree dorsal curve, hour glassing, much pain. 
PEG Surgery WAS on Feb 10, 2021 with Dr Levine
Success: 85% - Graft slipped, deformed, but better than it was.

Daremo

Day 25 Post Op:

First day where the sensitivity is better. It's the best I've felt since day one. Of course, long way from good, but this is a welcomed improvement. Amazing how one day can change things! Well... It is early in the day. haha
51 Years old, Autoimmune my entire life
Peyronies From Feb 2020. 80 Degree dorsal curve, hour glassing, much pain. 
PEG Surgery WAS on Feb 10, 2021 with Dr Levine
Success: 85% - Graft slipped, deformed, but better than it was.

bustedchubb

That's great news, yeah it really is a day to day recovery.   Keep up with the updates, gives us that are in the on deck circle for surgery hope.
45 Yrs old, Peyronies Disease Onset 11/2019, Stabilized 6/2020.

Dent/Hourglassing distal and dorsal side, lost length and girth.

Underwent Plication with Dr. Brian Christine in Birmingham, AL on 6/17/2021. Fully recovered with no complications.

Daremo

Day 27 Post Op:

Tomorrow is 4 weeks. Today, incision is healing up, and honestly looks better then I expected after the first couple of weeks. In the beginning things look so deformed and swollen, I figured it would take much longer. There's still swelling at the base, and above the incision but to be expected. Sensitivity at the tip is still very high. Direct shower water or soaping up, or the worst one, a towel to dry off is jarring. The thought of being clear to attempt intercourse in 2 weeks? In my mind now, with this sensitivity, there's no possible way. I'll be surprised if my erectins would even be good enough to try in 2 weeks. I'm not discouraged, I just think the healing time of 6 weeks is being optimistic. I think a more realistic goal is more like 8 to 10 weeks. Hopefully Im wrong. I'll be happy if I can return to a normal sex life by May.
51 Years old, Autoimmune my entire life
Peyronies From Feb 2020. 80 Degree dorsal curve, hour glassing, much pain. 
PEG Surgery WAS on Feb 10, 2021 with Dr Levine
Success: 85% - Graft slipped, deformed, but better than it was.

GaussRifle

Daremo, do you know which type of graft did your doctor use ? E.x. Sis, dermal, bovine,  tachosil etc. Also do you know if your doctor does grafting for ventral ( downward curve ) . In that case graft would go on the underside of urethra. Thanks.
26 year old
45-50 degree downward curve with an indentation on one side when erect.
Using RestoreX and Xiaflex injections
Taking coq10 with daily Cialis 5mg.

Daremo

Quote from: gaussrifle on March 09, 2021, 07:13:10 PM
Daremo, do you know which type of graft did your doctor use ? E.x. Sis, dermal, bovine,  tachosil etc. Also do you know if your doctor does grafting for ventral ( downward curve ) . In that case graft would go on the underside of urethra. Thanks.

All I was told, that I remember was the graft was a Pericardial Graft from processed Cadaveric tissue. He said it was tissue that surrounds the heart, and they found to be the best match for the graft.

I don't know about his techniques for a downward curve, but he did say, if my plaque was close to the urethra, they leave it, as they don't want to get too close and damage the urethra at all.
51 Years old, Autoimmune my entire life
Peyronies From Feb 2020. 80 Degree dorsal curve, hour glassing, much pain. 
PEG Surgery WAS on Feb 10, 2021 with Dr Levine
Success: 85% - Graft slipped, deformed, but better than it was.

Mikel7

That is awesome! It is only going to improve and heal more with time - we must thank our wives for supporting us through something like this. Keep posting.
Lump April 2020, age 61 , Dr Levine 6-26-20,
Dorsal Curve 11-1-20 , Peyronies
Vit E400mg, COQ10, ALCAR, Heat Therapy, Penimaster, Pentox, Cialis, Restorex
had SNHL 7-31-20 - Stopped all Meds because ototoxicity  Heat/traction/VED are working.

Ontheroad

That's amazing results!

When are you starting with traction? For how long will you have to do traction?

What about your hourglass? Can you say it has been solved with the surgery?

Keep posting, this is really useful. I am planning to have PEG surgery with Dr. Levine in May.

Daremo

Quote from: Ontheroad on March 10, 2021, 06:54:32 AM
That's amazing results!

When are you starting with traction? For how long will you have to do traction?

What about your hourglass? Can you say it has been solved with the surgery?

Keep posting, this is really useful. I am planning to have PEG surgery with Dr. Levine in May.

I was told, If I can handle it, to start traction at 6 weeks. I am 4 weeks today, so in two weeks. For Traction, I have both Restorex, and Penimaster Pro. I will be using the Penimaster Pro, as it's much more comfortable to use. The Restorex is REALLY high tension, and quite rough on the glans. To be honest Im still not 100% in believing I'll be able to do this in 2 weeks, but then again, I AM getting better every day.

So, the hourglass is gone. The hinge that was was is gone. I am as far as I can tell, 95% straight. I feel the grafting area still, I have some swelling there, so there is a "Ridge" I can feel where the grafting starts and my old tissue is, so an semi erection, I panic as there's what I call a "Weak spot" that feels like it could be a hinge point. I have to keep reminding myself, I will never be "normal" pre Peyronies, and one the swelling goes down, this ledge I feel will go away. I notice a SLIGHT indentation on the left side, that I can see an ever so slight curve to the left, but again, I think with healing, stretching, remodeling and time, this will work itself out.

Not sure which facility you plan on getting the surgery at, you have 2 options, RUSH in the city, or the surgical center near O'hare airport. I went to the surgical center, and HIGHLY recommend there. Its low key, and the staff is incredible. I was terrified. 100%. Never had surgery before, and on my penis? I was a mental mess. Trust me when I tell you, this is no cake walk, but it's NOT as bad as your mind expects it to be. With an advanced case, this is the only fix. And it's an INSTANT fix. You walk in with Peyronies, and walk out fixed. The surgery itself is easy. The healing is uncomfortable, but mostly mental. Have a strong support system by your side, and be prepared for a long healing. One month later, I feel so much better, but still far form healed. Go slow, trust Dr Levine, follow his instructions to the letter and you'll be so happy you did!
51 Years old, Autoimmune my entire life
Peyronies From Feb 2020. 80 Degree dorsal curve, hour glassing, much pain. 
PEG Surgery WAS on Feb 10, 2021 with Dr Levine
Success: 85% - Graft slipped, deformed, but better than it was.

Daremo

Day 28 Post op:

4 weeks Today!

I have taken photos every night since day one, to catalog and be able to actually view healing progression. I feel like a complete creeper with more dick picks on my phone, then topless photos of the Mrs, but I'll have to remedy that when im healed. hahaha!

Seriously though... After 4 weeks, there is still some swelling, sensitivity and some uncomfortable areas and positions. I am FAR from healed. I know theres a lot left. BUT, 4 weeks later and I'm feeling better. Its looking great, well on its way to normal. There's an overall rigidness, 24 hours a day. I think it's a combo of the nightly Cialis and the graft itself, along with being still swollen a bit and tense over all. Time will help soften and heal, and im actually looking forward to 6 weeks, where I can start traction and get things back to normal.

Would I do this again? Im asked this from family and friends who know... I can't answer that just yet, honestly, but at gun point? Yes. I would do this again. If it remains as it is, and erections improve and I can use it sexually, then YES. This was so worth it. Time. Healing. Mental healing... This all plays a part.

So far, I'm pleased and looking forward to the next stages. The next two weeks leading up to the start of traction, I just need some of this sensitivity to get better, and I'll be good to go! I think I'll be there!
51 Years old, Autoimmune my entire life
Peyronies From Feb 2020. 80 Degree dorsal curve, hour glassing, much pain. 
PEG Surgery WAS on Feb 10, 2021 with Dr Levine
Success: 85% - Graft slipped, deformed, but better than it was.

Ontheroad

Quote from: Daremo on March 10, 2021, 03:48:56 PM
So, the hourglass is gone. The hinge that was was is gone. I am as far as I can tell, 95% straight. I feel the grafting area still, I have some swelling there, so there is a "Ridge" I can feel where the grafting starts and my old tissue is, so an semi erection, I panic as there's what I call a "Weak spot" that feels like it could be a hinge point. I have to keep reminding myself, I will never be "normal" pre Peyronies, and one the swelling goes down, this ledge I feel will go away. I notice a SLIGHT indentation on the left side, that I can see an ever so slight curve to the left, but again, I think with healing, stretching, remodeling and time, this will work itself out.

Not sure which facility you plan on getting the surgery at, you have 2 options, RUSH in the city, or the surgical center near O'hare airport. I went to the surgical center, and HIGHLY recommend there. Its low key, and the staff is incredible. I was terrified. 100%. Never had surgery before, and on my penis? I was a mental mess. Trust me when I tell you, this is no cake walk, but it's NOT as bad as your mind expects it to be. With an advanced case, this is the only fix. And it's an INSTANT fix. You walk in with Peyronies, and walk out fixed. The surgery itself is easy. The healing is uncomfortable, but mostly mental. Have a strong support system by your side, and be prepared for a long healing. One month later, I feel so much better, but still far form healed. Go slow, trust Dr Levine, follow his instructions to the letter and you'll be so happy you did!

When you talk about the graft and stitches being felt for ever, the new "normal" with maybe a 30° natural curvature and some of the other surgery outcomes we may have, it makes me think twice about surgery. It is clear that I cannot have sex with my current state penis but if I will have a half functioning penis after surgery, I would go directly for an implant. Do not take it personal, I am just sharing my thoughts and I am sure that I am being really pessimist, it is in my personality. haha Please feel free to comment on this. I am open to read anything. :)

Regarding surgery, it would be at the same place you had yours, in the surgical centre near to the airport.

Thank you for sharing your journey with us!

Alex83

Quote from: Ontheroad on March 10, 2021, 06:54:32 AM
That's amazing results!

When are you starting with traction? For how long will you have to do traction?

What about your hourglass? Can you say it has been solved with the surgery?

Keep posting, this is really useful. I am planning to have PEG surgery with Dr. Levine in May.

Can you go to the US in But for surgery? I thought the borders were still closed to Europe.

Why are you considering Levine at Gelman or B. Christine?
24 yo

2020: Nesbit surgery for a 55 degrees downward curvature with DrFaix
Result: Residual curvature of 30 degrees and an inflammatory scar

2022 : Surgery correction with Dr Gelman

I lost 2 cm during my Nesbit, I have regained 2 cm with traction

Ontheroad

Borders are closed but since I am traveling for medical reasons, you can get an authorization to fly.

I had a consultation with Dr. Gelman last year and he just suggested plication, what I don't want to do. It seems that he doesn't do many grafting surgeries. When it comes to grafting, Dr. Levine is the highest volume grafting surgeries surgeon in the world with the best outcomes if I am not mistaken. This is why I have decided to go to him. (Correct me if I am wrong)

Regarding B. Christine, I haven't contacted him neither research about his surgical outcomes.


Alex83

Quote from: Ontheroad on March 11, 2021, 07:56:21 AM
Borders are closed but since I am traveling for medical reasons, you can get an authorization to fly.

I had a consultation with Dr. Gelman last year and he just suggested plication, what I don't want to do. It seems that he doesn't do many grafting surgeries. When it comes to grafting, Dr. Levine is the highest volume grafting surgeries surgeon in the world with the best outcomes if I am not mistaken. This is why I have decided to go to him. (Correct me if I am wrong)

Regarding B. Christine, I haven't contacted him neither research about his surgical outcomes.

Okay, thanks for your answer!

But why are you opting for a grafting? You are young from what I understand and this is going to be your first surgery, right?
Do you have peyronie or congenital curvature?

Alex
24 yo

2020: Nesbit surgery for a 55 degrees downward curvature with DrFaix
Result: Residual curvature of 30 degrees and an inflammatory scar

2022 : Surgery correction with Dr Gelman

I lost 2 cm during my Nesbit, I have regained 2 cm with traction

mst

Quote from: Ontheroad on March 11, 2021, 07:56:21 AM
This is why I have decided to go to him.

How much the surgery costs with dr Levine?

And why u don't want to have plication?

Daremo

Day 29 Post Op:

Here's something new for you guys, to add to this crazy story...

3 days ago, the weather got nice, and I started to get a bit of a runny nose. I figured allergies. Today, I woke up, made coffee and couldn't taste it. Decided for peace of mind, I'd go get a covid test just to be safe. Rapid results, POSITIVE.

So, the best part? I've been at home, recovering from the surgery for the past 4 weeks, I've done almost nothing except a week and a half ago, I went to RUSH in Chicago for my follow up exam. There's no doubt in my mind I picked this up from RUSH hospital. FML.

Not sure how this will impact my recovery, if at all. At the moment, everything is normal and healing in the surgery department, and I actually feel fine. It feels like I have a VERY mild head cold, and I lost my taste and smell. Here's hoping this is as bad as its going to get for me.

What a month so far. LOL
51 Years old, Autoimmune my entire life
Peyronies From Feb 2020. 80 Degree dorsal curve, hour glassing, much pain. 
PEG Surgery WAS on Feb 10, 2021 with Dr Levine
Success: 85% - Graft slipped, deformed, but better than it was.

Mikel7

Wow - my son, wife and daughter all had it with mild symptoms. Some loss of smell and slight fever with
a head cold. You just take it easy and continue to heal up. Take zinc and vit d and drink lots of OJ.
Lump April 2020, age 61 , Dr Levine 6-26-20,
Dorsal Curve 11-1-20 , Peyronies
Vit E400mg, COQ10, ALCAR, Heat Therapy, Penimaster, Pentox, Cialis, Restorex
had SNHL 7-31-20 - Stopped all Meds because ototoxicity  Heat/traction/VED are working.

Daremo

Quote from: mikel7 on March 12, 2021, 05:46:23 AM
Wow - my son, wife and daughter all had it with mild symptoms. Some loss of smell and slight fever with
a head cold. You just take it easy and continue to heal up. Take zinc and vit d and drink lots of OJ.

Good to hear your family had minor symptoms! This could potentially be devastating, so things like this are great to hear!
51 Years old, Autoimmune my entire life
Peyronies From Feb 2020. 80 Degree dorsal curve, hour glassing, much pain. 
PEG Surgery WAS on Feb 10, 2021 with Dr Levine
Success: 85% - Graft slipped, deformed, but better than it was.

Daremo

Day 30 Post Op:

I am considering myself VERY lucky with Covid symptoms. Nothing bad to say here. Its actually forcing me to relax more and rest.

Sensitivity is better overall. It's slowly getting a little better each day. it almost seems like over night it can change. Still only able to reach about 80% or so with erections.
51 Years old, Autoimmune my entire life
Peyronies From Feb 2020. 80 Degree dorsal curve, hour glassing, much pain. 
PEG Surgery WAS on Feb 10, 2021 with Dr Levine
Success: 85% - Graft slipped, deformed, but better than it was.

Daremo

5 weeks Post Op:

Things are moving along. Sensitivity is getting better. Erections are still about 80 to 85%. Slight hour glass in the same place, and I can feel the thicker area of the graft. There's what Im calling a weak spot where the old hinge used to be, and it sits right where the graft starts. I think once my erections get back to a full 100%, this will hopefully fill out. Im staying positive, it's still early in recovery. The hard stitches that are "permanent" under the skin have subsided more. I feel them less. Other then the graft area discomfort, the real pain is from the incision site. That is still the most sensitive area. The opposite of what I expected.

Covid is fine. Only symptoms were taste and smell (Still mostly gone) and I'm getting close to my quarantine being over. I am so very lucky this was as mild for me as this.

I'll check back in a week, unless I have something to add! Recovery now is slow go. Minor improvements each day.
51 Years old, Autoimmune my entire life
Peyronies From Feb 2020. 80 Degree dorsal curve, hour glassing, much pain. 
PEG Surgery WAS on Feb 10, 2021 with Dr Levine
Success: 85% - Graft slipped, deformed, but better than it was.

Daremo

5 weeks, 2 days post op:

SO, sort of jumped ahead of the 6 weeks "clearance" by a few days and was intimate with the Mrs last night. Basically, we're trying to have a baby, so we didn't want to miss another months window of opportunity. I was beyond slow, and overly careful. There is more of a mental fear then anything else. For me, good news bad news I suppose. Good news, pain was minimal, I had more pain with the Peyronies band then I did yesterday. I'm still at only about 80% erect, so it was more difficult then I should have been. Just took it very slow, and at happy to say, it worked.

Now, I'm still way too early in recovery to judge the 80% just yet. I'm hoping this improves over time. I am supposed to start traction next week on Wednesday, so here's hoping things keep improving!

So my question is to those gentlemen who've gone through this... How long did it take for your erections to be back to a full 100%?
51 Years old, Autoimmune my entire life
Peyronies From Feb 2020. 80 Degree dorsal curve, hour glassing, much pain. 
PEG Surgery WAS on Feb 10, 2021 with Dr Levine
Success: 85% - Graft slipped, deformed, but better than it was.

Mikel7

Quote from: Daremo on March 19, 2021, 11:39:11 PM
5 weeks, 2 days post op:
SO, sort of jumped ahead of the 6 weeks "clearance" by a few days and was intimate with the Mrs last night. Basically, we're trying to have a baby, so we didn't want to miss another months window of opportunity.

Sounds like you are recovering great! Good luck on trying for a baby! I have 4 of them.
Lump April 2020, age 61 , Dr Levine 6-26-20,
Dorsal Curve 11-1-20 , Peyronies
Vit E400mg, COQ10, ALCAR, Heat Therapy, Penimaster, Pentox, Cialis, Restorex
had SNHL 7-31-20 - Stopped all Meds because ototoxicity  Heat/traction/VED are working.

miracleman

Does anybody know how much surgery with dr Levine cost? Does he accept patients outside the United States?

Mikel7

Quote from: miracleman on March 22, 2021, 04:24:26 PM
Does anybody know how much surgery with dr Levine cost? Does he accept patients outside the United States?

He is my Dr and he will accept anyone from out of US.  His number is 312 563-5000. His main office is attached with Rush Medical center in Western Sub of Chicago. Very easy to find. I also know he does procedures close to Ohare Airport. You can check him out here : https://www.drlevinemenshealth.com/
Lump April 2020, age 61 , Dr Levine 6-26-20,
Dorsal Curve 11-1-20 , Peyronies
Vit E400mg, COQ10, ALCAR, Heat Therapy, Penimaster, Pentox, Cialis, Restorex
had SNHL 7-31-20 - Stopped all Meds because ototoxicity  Heat/traction/VED are working.

miracleman

Quote from: mikel7 on March 22, 2021, 06:11:21 PM
He is my Dr and he will accept anyone from out of US.  His number is 312 563-5000. His main office is attached with Rush Medical center in Western Sub of Chicago. Very easy to find. I also know he does procedures close to Ohare Airport. You can check him out here : https://www.drlevinemenshealth.com/

Thank you so much!

Daremo

Quote from: miracleman on March 22, 2021, 04:24:26 PM
Does anybody know how much surgery with dr Levine cost? Does he accept patients outside the United States?

I just got my insurance update today, and it looks like their initial asking price all in for my surgery was about $17,000. What insurance pays is different. Also, im sure the cost differs from person to person based on severity.
51 Years old, Autoimmune my entire life
Peyronies From Feb 2020. 80 Degree dorsal curve, hour glassing, much pain. 
PEG Surgery WAS on Feb 10, 2021 with Dr Levine
Success: 85% - Graft slipped, deformed, but better than it was.

Mikel7

To be honest I don't think that is bad. I know there will be the facility cost and the anesthesiologist cost.  My heart surgery cost for the Dr alone was 176,000 - not including hospital stay and being put under. Insurance does adjust things out.
Lump April 2020, age 61 , Dr Levine 6-26-20,
Dorsal Curve 11-1-20 , Peyronies
Vit E400mg, COQ10, ALCAR, Heat Therapy, Penimaster, Pentox, Cialis, Restorex
had SNHL 7-31-20 - Stopped all Meds because ototoxicity  Heat/traction/VED are working.

Daremo

Six weeks Post Op:

Last night was 6 weeks, and night number one of traction. I am using the Penimaster Pro, instead of Restorex. Clamping the Glans with Restorex and the strength of the stretch would be too much to handle. So, if you're familiar with PMP, the glans is captured into the device by suction, and thats what holds it in place. At first, the suction and the sensitivity of the glans itself took a few minutes to get comfortable. One think I noticed, is my length loss, or I'll call it tightening for now. I had the rail system set up from when I was using this before surgery, and I was able to stretch things FAR further, maybe an inch or inch and half more. I'm NOT discouraged by this. I'm sure after therapy and healing, I will regain this length. Once in the device, I was told to start low, try for an hour, and then work my way up to 3-4 hours a day for 3 months. The first few minutes was difficult. The discomfort was in the incision area, as well as the graft. In the stretched position, you can really see the graft under the skin. It's wider then my actual girth. This is that "Ledge" I mentioned before. Again, Im sure once this softens up, things will get closer to normal. After 5 mins, I settled into some TV and before I knew it, and hour had passed. Not as bad as I was expecting for day one!

Erections are still 80%, still hoping this improves.
51 Years old, Autoimmune my entire life
Peyronies From Feb 2020. 80 Degree dorsal curve, hour glassing, much pain. 
PEG Surgery WAS on Feb 10, 2021 with Dr Levine
Success: 85% - Graft slipped, deformed, but better than it was.

Mikel7

Sounds great! and as you stated you will regain your length back in time.
Lump April 2020, age 61 , Dr Levine 6-26-20,
Dorsal Curve 11-1-20 , Peyronies
Vit E400mg, COQ10, ALCAR, Heat Therapy, Penimaster, Pentox, Cialis, Restorex
had SNHL 7-31-20 - Stopped all Meds because ototoxicity  Heat/traction/VED are working.

Alex83

Glad you can finally start traction,

I'm not sure you mentioned this somewhere, but do you have absorbable or non-absorbable stitches inside the penis?
24 yo

2020: Nesbit surgery for a 55 degrees downward curvature with DrFaix
Result: Residual curvature of 30 degrees and an inflammatory scar

2022 : Surgery correction with Dr Gelman

I lost 2 cm during my Nesbit, I have regained 2 cm with traction

Daremo

Quote from: Alex83 on March 26, 2021, 11:23:40 AM
Glad you can finally start traction,

I'm not sure you mentioned this somewhere, but do you have absorbable or non-absorbable stitches inside the penis?

Well, I was told originally it was absorbing stitches. At my follow up, I didn't see Dr Levine, I saw an associate. She told me, she thought the stitches we're permanent but will soften over time. So, I'm not sure what I have. I wish my follow up was with Dr Levine himself.
51 Years old, Autoimmune my entire life
Peyronies From Feb 2020. 80 Degree dorsal curve, hour glassing, much pain. 
PEG Surgery WAS on Feb 10, 2021 with Dr Levine
Success: 85% - Graft slipped, deformed, but better than it was.

Daremo

6 weeks 2 days Post op:

Traction last night was easier than night one. I was able to get 2 hours in with fair ease. Tonight, I'll attempt 3 hours!
51 Years old, Autoimmune my entire life
Peyronies From Feb 2020. 80 Degree dorsal curve, hour glassing, much pain. 
PEG Surgery WAS on Feb 10, 2021 with Dr Levine
Success: 85% - Graft slipped, deformed, but better than it was.

Alex83

Quote from: Daremo on March 26, 2021, 05:08:58 PM
Well, I was told originally it was absorbing stitches. At my follow up, I didn't see Dr Levine, I saw an associate. She told me, she thought the stitches we're permanent but will soften over time. So, I'm not sure what I have. I wish my follow up was with Dr Levine himself.

Okay, thank you very much,
Can you ask Levine what kind of stitches he has the next time you see him?
Thanks
24 yo

2020: Nesbit surgery for a 55 degrees downward curvature with DrFaix
Result: Residual curvature of 30 degrees and an inflammatory scar

2022 : Surgery correction with Dr Gelman

I lost 2 cm during my Nesbit, I have regained 2 cm with traction