Surgery scheduled March 9th last visit with Dr is on the 4th (quesions to ask)

Previous topic - Next topic

cold brew

I have surgery schedule March 9th. I asked for a visit with Lentz before surgery to measure length.
Is the stretched length the same as masturbation length? The stretched is at least 5". It seems when I masturbate it is bigger, but I am unable to measure. As soon as I stop I loose erection. I am a grower, but maybe it just seems bigger because of the blood flow causing girth to be bigger. I was 6.25" in my younger days.

Does his technique still leave you with sensitivity/feeling as you have before surgery?
He usually waits 2 weeks before inflating.

What are questions I should be asking on the 4th?
51 yrs old. Married, Had venous leak since young.
Couldn't maintain erections.
Injections did not work,
Had a 45-degree bend for over one yr.
Using VED trying to regain size.
Implant March 9th Titan 22cm by Dr. Lentz

Hawk

It would help us a lot of alot to help you if you had a signature line.  I apologize but it is difficult to keep 20,000 men or even a hundred men and their health information separated in your mind when you have no signature line after their post.

If you will please read this https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,10819.0.html
and act on it for me, I will happily respond to help you. Be as complete as possible but not wordy and you can abbreviate.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Hawk

Coldbrew, It makes no difference if you are a shower or a grower.  Your BPSFL will very closely relate to your BPEL  with a properly sized implant.  It should also directly relate to a natural erection size. The only variation is that an engorged glans can affect this by 1/4' or so.  You should also be able to get a close estimate by measuring where you hit on the VED when pumped up.  Anyone who has used a VED knows they can get a slightly larger than natural erection under vacuum because you can engorge your penis so full it is dimpled and even develops petechiae.

Nothing is changed about the nerves, the skin, or the tunica with surgery.  Besides, the glans is left untouched, as is the sponiosiusm. So yes, you have the same sensitivity.  The only place you will initially feel some loss of sensation is at the scrotal incision (assuming the surgeon uses a scrotal approach).  That numbness might extend up the underside of the shaft for an inch, but it is one of those things you have to look for by touching to notice and feeling slowly returns like any surgical scar.

I would ask him to document my size BPEL.  He can use BPSFL if he is not going to inject you for an exam. This keeps the surgeon honest and a little more likely to make sure he does not undersize you. Make sure his ruler starts at the 0" mark and is not a ruler that cheats you out of a 1/4" on the first inch.  You should already know your measurements.

I would also discuss implant type.  With that bend, It will likely be a Titan, but I would almost insist on a Titan of an LGX.  Here is a link for you. https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php?topic=10810.msg100840#msg100840

cold brew

Hawk, thanks for that link. I had read that before, but glad I read those questions again.
I told him about seeing Eid, and knew I needed a titan (he agrees).
On the March 4th meeting I will get him to measure me, and see how he sizes me. I will also make sure he notes during surgery. I remember he said he does inject. Yes. I'll want copy of all the notes.

I called his office today, and asked the approval dept. to get paper work sent to insurance asap. I told them, reason is my insurance may not approve implant. So, I'll know in a few weeks hopefully if it's covered.
If it's not covered I'll schedule surgery, and pay out of pocket with Eid this summer (Aug) if I can get in then.
51 yrs old. Married, Had venous leak since young.
Couldn't maintain erections.
Injections did not work,
Had a 45-degree bend for over one yr.
Using VED trying to regain size.
Implant March 9th Titan 22cm by Dr. Lentz

Hawk

If they reject it, fight.  You with some help from your doctor can very often get those denials reversed.

Stepone

Found this on youtube for care of your implant.

It has some very good tips and general information.

https://youtu.be/tcQgJB3kbO0
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC