New here, bent for awhile now

Previous topic - Next topic

HotCoffee

I am 65 now but 7 years ago I noticed a 'dent' in my shaft when hard. Okay, this is new I thought at the time. My primary referred me to a urologist that diagnosed as Peyronie's. I had never heard of him (Peyronie,) or the affliction (not a disease) that is named for him. The Uro said, "we all miss sometimes," and suggested Vitamin E. Not helpful. Dr Google said trauma is one possible cause and I do remember using an elastic cock ring (ED hit early) that had metal inserts; it was a bit slippery when removing it after sex with my wife and it kinda snapped back on me. Thinking nothing of it at the time, that may have been the trauma.

Fast forward through the acute phase of increasing curvature, painful erections, and 'waisting', I mournfully watched as my firm average friend of so many years devolved into a up-curved, skinny version of manliness. Prostate is okay though! About the same time my bride of 32 years began complaining of pain during sex, and asking for 'more lube, put it inside.' Spiraling down now.

A move from TX to FL after 3 years and a new Uro that confirmed Peyronies Disease. Said he could use Xiaflex at $10,000 a pop, or surgery with no guarantee. Uh, not an option. My son is grown, had the cut decades ago, and am on the backside of my better days so no wasted effort or expense. My heart goes out to young guys that get this.

I am a do-it-yourselfer so back to Dr Google. Hmmm, heat therapy and penile traction have shown results. I could feel the plaque deposits, and see the loss of length and girth. My heat therapy was (and still is) my hot mug of coffee on my pecker every morning while I read the news on my phone. And it worked! The plaque DID diminish! While my morning java did nothing to regain the lost length, it did ease the lumps. On to traction, the commercial devices are just too pricy to gamble on and being the DIY'er I fashioned rings out of the eyes of 1/4" screw eyes from the local big box store. A bit of polishing with the dremel and they were smooth. Five were all I could fit and the last two have wound dressing gauze wrapped on them to provide some friction to keep them from sliding off. Not a lot of weight but easy enough to wear around the house as I am retired and seldom wear clothes at home. I will say maybe a bit of gain in length after 8 months.

My bride is dry though and penetration is not possible due to her pain so it is more a personal pride to continue to reverse the effect. Unfortunately oral and anal sex are not for her so jerking off is my only relief.

Wow, long post (as opposed to a shorter tallywacker!) so thanks for making it here.

My question remains that the Uro gave a lame answer to:
Why do I wake up hard in the middle of the night and/or morning when 50 mg of sildenafil does nothing???
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Hawk

Welcome to the forum HotCoffee.

I would be interested in a photo of your DYI traction device.  In answer to your question, NTE's (mouse over that for the definition) use different nerve pathways than daytime aroused erections.

They used to think if you got NTE's that meant that you did not have physical ED but rather psychological ED.  That is false.

I would recommend reading this guide carefully. https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,3180.0.html

PS: Your first Urologist was clueless.

Hawk.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

HotCoffee

Hawk,
Thanks for the reply and notes.

The photos show the rings I have been trying as a traction device. They are only really useful while standing so gravity can work effectively. The purple material is first aid stretchy gauze that has a few drops of glue on the outside of the ring to hold it in place. I have worn them for several hours at a time with no discomfort. Cold weather or physical exertion that normally shrinks the penis will cause them to fall off. Five is the max number that fits on the 'waisted' part of the shaft; the base inch is the original girth and does not fit. I put a dab of vaseline at the base to prevent pinching.

Hawk

So you are just using these as weights and I assume wrapping the glans to keep them on or does the size just keep them on?  I guess you cannot wear these to the store in case they all fall out of your pants leg.  ;)
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

HotCoffee

The friction of the gauze keeps them on mostly. I do have an adjustable silicone loop, an "enhancement ring" that I can use just behind the glans if needed.

Not safe for public wear! Usually worn while working around the house, at the lathe in the garage, painting, washing the car, etc. All standing activities.

Tortão Pra Direita

What if you get a boner?

If somebody is willing to make some device like this, here's my warning: the steel rings must be bigger than your erected girth. Then you can wrap them with some gauze or something like that, so the girth becomes thinner and can fit in your flaccid penis.
The gauze is malleable, so I'm assuming it's much safer this way.

Be careful to not strangulate your penis.
1993 born. Brazil.
Peyronies since Sep 2019.
Penis developed curvature, lots of plaque, loss of size and axial rigidity. Severe peyronie.
Mar/21 TEP + Titan Touch 20 cm + 1.5 RTE.

Surgery done by Dr. Marco Tulio Cavalcanti, in São Paulo.