New Member saying hello

Previous topic - Next topic

alvi

Hi all, glad to have found this forum.
I suffered a nasty meniscus tear a few weeks ago and along with knee trauma came... Peyronie's. I don't know if it's coincidence or not. My meniscus tear was accompanied by ITB syndrome and outrageous pain. 3 weeks later the pain is much better although I have to be very careful walking, even with crutches. Doctor wanted to go to surgery but I asked for a rain check to see if it might heal itself.
Peyronie's Symptoms: dent to the left when erect about an inch up. Slight bend to the left.Scar tissue seems like a narrow tubular band a couple of millimetres wide rising vertical from base to the point of the dent, just under and to the left of urethra.
Treatment? After looking around the Internet and here I have decided to try massage as a therapy. I live in Indonesia and pretty much everything is cured by traditional massage (pijat) here. Massage therapists are not squeamish or morally challenged! Have ordered some castor oil. I have a regular old masseuse who I have not seen since covid began.
Psychologically I am fine. Of course its weird and worrying and I hope it doesn't get worse... My knee is improving and quite frankly, that's more serious than a dent in my penis.
Are you in a relationship? Yep. No pain or problem with erections. Long-term girlfriend doesn't seem too freaked out and suggested massage therapy. Bigger problem with knee interrupting regular sex life!
Let me know if you have any questions. I will try to share progress here somewhere and hope it can be helpful. Thanks for having me.  
Age 50, Peyronie's symptoms since Dec 2020, dent in left of penis with slight bend, no pain.
I have a long-term and very supportive partner ❤️

Asphyxia

Hello, welcome
I think you should see a urologist
Do you experience pain in your penis?

Im also interested in the cause of your symptoms as i need to have 4 surgeries in the future, 2 hips and 2 knees.
and im worried it might exacerbate things.

Check this link for the basics
https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,3180.0.html
Curve mostly semi erect about 60 degrees, slight pain
Tried short & prolonged fasts, keto,carnivore, traction and most of the supplements.
Severe digestive issues, probably an autoimmune disorder

Hawk

Yes, Welcome, Alvi.

Asphyxia provided you with a great link.  You will also get more help if you fill out your signature line that will appear under all your posts.  Here are the instructions.  If you need help doing it, ask,  https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,10819.0.html

Hawk
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Pfract

Hey Alvi. Welcome aboard. I don't think that it is related to your other injury, but it's nothing other than a gut feeling of mine, so you never know. The consensus seems to be that it comes from micro injuries to the penis, some medications, other trauma, or connective tissue disorder.

Interesting that you mention massage therapy? Again,  i don't think that it will be of any benefit, given all that i have read on the condition. You can even check the levine papers, which are frequently shared here on this board on "contemporary review of peyronies treatments" and see for yourself the different grades of evidence on what works and what doesn't.

You are fine now, but it does take a huge toll mentally. Please don't close in on yourself and reach out to us. There are people here that care!  

alvi

Thanks so much for your replies, links and support!
I am not sure how to reply individually so I will have a go here. Forgive the noob.

@Asphyxia I will look into options here but a Google search doesn't fill me with cause for hope. My knee is the priority for now. There is no pain. It just looks weird but doesn't seem to be getting any weirder.
Amazing how little seems to be known about this ancient condition that we might worry about whether surgery on other parts of our body might impact it negatively. I wish you well with your operations. Do keep us posted.

@pfract I would agree re association with knee injury except that the ITB syndrome results in pain that runs up both the inner and outer sides of my left thigh... Its almost physically linked to the root of the problem on the inner thigh. Who knows huh?
I will try to get a full copy of Levine, but from the summary it looks like a depressing read, with surgery as the "gold standard' therapy. Amazed again at how little seems to be known. I expect my masseuse will have seen the condition before and have an idea as to whether she has ever seen it cured. I will keep you poated and be sure to not close in on myself! Many thanks.  
Age 50, Peyronie's symptoms since Dec 2020, dent in left of penis with slight bend, no pain.
I have a long-term and very supportive partner ❤️