Study showing Hyperbaric oxygen induce angiogenesis & recover erectile function

Previous topic - Next topic

AlterEgo

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41443-018-0023-9

The present study shows for the first time that penile angiogenesis and improved erectile function can be induced by HBOT in men suffering from chronic non-surgical ED. The improvement in sexual performance was significant in all IIEF domains and was most noticeable in both erectile function and the global efficacy question responses. Penile angiogenesis was demonstrated by perfusion MRI analysis.
42 male
main symptoms are hollow feeling shaft
scar tissue on corporas shown on ultrasound
Loss of girth, weak flaccid skin sensitive

FlavioSousa

This is fascinating, thank you for sharing!

I would love to know the details of these HBOT sessions but as far as I know, this treatment is already available. I know there is one of these hyperbaric chambers in my city, at the local public hospital.
Psychogenic ED (coital anxiety), 40+yo. Current regimen: udenafil 200mg, oral phentolamine mesylate 40 mg, Seredyn.

AlterEgo

Yes these treatments are available.  Must use a hard shell chamber with ata of 2.0 or more.  Surprised this does not get more attention with such high results and proven by dopplar. Anyone tried it.  Thing is it's expensive here it is like 200 per session and 40 sessions recommended.
42 male

Asphyxia

Curve mostly semi erect about 60 degrees, slight pain
Tried short & prolonged fasts, keto,carnivore, traction and most of the supplements.
Severe digestive issues, probably an autoimmune disorder

Hawk

It is Far, Far, different than using an oxygen concentrator.

Under hyperbaric oxygen, you are in a chamber that increases the air pressure 2 or 3 times the normal atmosphere, and your blood's capacity to carry oxygen is greatly increased.  It greatly increases wound healing and tissue regeneration, as well as other benefits.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Asphyxia

Well, since an oxygen concentrator is much more practical for the price i still wonder if its worth considering, also, an oxygen concentrator would be available to use daily for hours i suppose, maybe this can compensate for difference between a concentrator and the hyperbaric oxygen.

Any thoughts regarding that idea?
Curve mostly semi erect about 60 degrees, slight pain
Tried short & prolonged fasts, keto,carnivore, traction and most of the supplements.
Severe digestive issues, probably an autoimmune disorder

Hawk

For a healthy individual, your O2 is already at 92%-98% capacity.  increasing it a percent or two would make no difference.  Under normal atmospheric pressure, your blood can only absorb to 100% capacity.

Hyperbaric increases the capacity of blood to carry O2.  A concentrator has no effect on that.  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

FlavioSousa

Quote from: Hawk on January 10, 2021, 09:00:47 AM
[...]  It greatly increases wound healing and tissue regeneration, as well as other benefits.

Hyperbaric chambers became much publicized in my country (Portugal) following the unfortunate incident of a local celebrity, who almost lost his leg after injecting testosterone. Hyperbaric oxygen was extremely effective and today the person in question is fully recovered.
Psychogenic ED (coital anxiety), 40+yo. Current regimen: udenafil 200mg, oral phentolamine mesylate 40 mg, Seredyn.

FlavioSousa

Quote from: AlterEgo on January 10, 2021, 01:06:27 AM
Yes these treatments are available.  Must use a hard shell chamber with ata of 2.0 or more.[...]

Very interesting, can you elaborate on this? What does that mean exactly?

Was the chamber prepared or adapted to the treatment of ED?

What were those sessions like and did you have to do? Were there any side effects?

Thanks in advance, this is fascinating. The efficacy rate mentioned on this study is impressive, higher than oral meds and much better than the controversial shockwave treatment.

AlterEgo

I have done shockwave and got some results but still have more to go.  I am thinking now to try hyberbaric oxygen treatment while taking pentox to maximize oxygen to tissue. I saw one article where this helped someone with peyronies  Hyperbaric is known to cause angeogenesis too which will help us. We need to be our own research and experimental group in here because conventional medicine will only do so much    
42 male

jj21

Flav - any information on how he nearly lost his leg from injecting testosterone? Was it an infection?

AlterEgo - Did you find the shockwave therapy beneficial for peyronies ? 1500 dollars where I am and i'm tossing whether to do it or not.

Thanks,
J

34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm +1cm RTE, Partial revision 27th June 23 (fix pump, remove 10ml reservoir).

AlterEgo

Quote from: jj21 on January 29, 2021, 10:35:00 AM
Flav - any information on how he nearly lost his leg from injecting testosterone? Was it an infection?

AlterEgo - Did you find the shockwave therapy beneficial for peyronies ? 1500 dollars where I am and i'm tossing whether to do it or not.

Thanks,
J

I have found shockwave helpful I started to see the results about 4 months after 12 treatments.  My hinge effect is less and my erection is straighter. Also my glad is bigger when engorged likly returned to full size.  I have an area of damaged and scar tissue on the bottom left of corpora cavernosum that's like a divot/indentation and also my penis has lost its plumpness when flaccid, it's like a water balloon with little water in it rather than a water ballon that is filled with water.  I am going to try fasting to fill the indentation 3 days of fasting per month, and I would like to try another round of shockwave and then hyperbaric for scar tissue reduction and angeogenesis.  I will do an ultrasound soon to see if my scar tissue reduced with the previous shockwave.  Do you know what machine your doctor will use for your shockwave?  It is important that it is true shockwave not acoustic wave and that it is done in erect state not flaccid state.  Any advice you can give me to fix my dent and fill my penis with more blood while in flaccid is appreciated I am already on a ton of supplements and taking citrulline etc.  
42 male

jj21

I am not too sure alter, will have to find out the shockwave details. I was not aware it has to be done in erect state and not flaccid state? I am not sure I am willing to have another injection induces erection. I had done this for the ultrasound which yielded no results (did not find plaque or scar tissue).

As for the dents - have you tried VED and RestoreX? Most effective from what I understand.  
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm +1cm RTE, Partial revision 27th June 23 (fix pump, remove 10ml reservoir).

FlavioSousa

Quote from: jj21 on January 29, 2021, 10:35:00 AM
[...]

More on the case of Ângelo Rodrigues, the Portuguese celebrity that almost lost his leg:

https://portugalsnews.com/angelo-rodrigues-hospitalized-sic-monitors-actors-health-status-with-concern-news/

AlterEgo

Quote from: jj21 on February 10, 2021, 10:24:35 PM
I am not too sure alter, will have to find out the shockwave details. I was not aware it has to be done in erect state and not flaccid state? I am not sure I am willing to have another injection induces erection. I had done this for the ultrasound which yielded no results (did not find plaque or scar tissue).

As for the dents - have you tried VED and RestoreX? Most effective from what I understand.

Haven't tried ved my penis feels like it is in a fragile state so don't want to put too much pressure on it or anything.  Even rubbing it back and forth would hurt it.
42 male