Minor tweaks in your life that may work - beyond obvious treatments

Previous topic - Next topic

Asphyxia

Scroll to the bottom if you want a link to info about herbs.

Some things i gained knowledge of over the years, and some things i been reading about compulsively lately, and some things im skeptical about them myself, so dont take my word for it, search it and try it yourself if you wish to.  also id be glad if someone were to recognize a mistake and inform me so feel free to nitpick.

First of all i want to make one thing clear, the mind and the body are connected, 90% of serotonin is made in the digestive tract, meaning diet affects mood too.
And Stress is extremely harmful for your overall health, therefore i wont make a distinction when mentioning ways to make us healthier.

Sleep on your back with your legs slightly spread, get rid of your pillow or get a thinner one if it doesnt bother you too much. You might find your lungs can hold more air this way.

Keep your window open to avoid carbon dioxide buildup especially when sleeping, unless its too cold outside obviously.

Circadian rhythm - your internal body clock so to speak, that regulates when people feel awake and sleepy throughout the day.
Your circadian rhythm is highly sensitive to light and darkness. For humans, a natural circadian rhythm would mean waking up early in the day when the sun comes up and going to sleep not too long after the sun goes down. Trying to fight this natural circadian rhythm by trying to sleep during the day and be awake during the night can leave you feeling anywhere from disoriented to completely fatigued and depressed.
Allow light to enter your room at the crack of dawn, which of course will prompt you to wake up. Training yourself to rise out of bed with the morning sun and going to bed at a reasonable hour will help you to get your biological clock back on track to where it should be.
For those of you who find difficlties with it, you might want to consider circadian rhythm lamp

Light after dark - melatonin is released during the biological night and provides the body's internal biological signal of darkness. Exposure to light both resets the circadian rhythm of melatonin and acutely inhibits melatonin synthesis.
At the same time blue light inhibits melatonin, it also stimulates the production of cortisol, a major stress and alerting hormone that interferes with sleep.
Exposure to blue light shortens sleep time and leads to more awakenings throughout the night, resulting in less refreshing sleep and more fatigue the next day.
Basically, try to avoid any light after sunset, since this is mission impossible, try to avoid light as long as possible before bedtime
Unfortunately this one is not a minor tweak at all,therefore if light and electronics are a must have for you
Use dim red lights for night lights. Red light is less likely to shift circadian rhythm and suppress melatonin.
Wear brown/Amber-tinted glasses
Or Install blue light-filtering apps(im pretty skeptical of this one)
Or dim the brightness on your device.

Sleep, ideally go to bed early, 8:30 - 10, google says 7-9 hours of sleep is good, my opinion is, the more the better, especially if you are chronically ill as long as you dont shift your circadian rhythm.

Pentox works by lowering blood viscosity
Keeping your body warm lowers blood viscosity, blood viscosity increases 2% for every drop in core temperature of 1°C
What i did is i bought thermal clothes, both pants and shirts, so 2 layers of pants on me all the time,1 loose boxer 2 shirts and a hoodie

Cayenne pepper or hot, spicy foods are stimulants. They stimulate the circulation and raise body temperature.

Mct oil might have some similar functions, havent read about it much yet.

Stomach acid  and digestion, doctors confuse low stomach acid with high, if you have gerd and heartburn , low stomach acid might be the cause, and this could lead to serious health problems and it weakens your body, there is some home test with baking soda, the other test is by taking hcl betaine and if you needed too many capsules to feel the burn then thats no good.
giner,acv or hcl betaine supplements might work. Unless its caused by h.pylori bacteria

Thyroid function - check yourself for hypothyroidism if you feel lethargic or simply as a regular checkup, if you have hypothyroidism take iodine supplements, consider ashwagandha and korean ginseng, i take kelp with 1 brazilian nut daily.

you can take those adaptogens (ashwagandha, korean ginseng) or others also to help you with stress.
you can also eat dark chocolate(100% cacao) or cacao powder.
It has positive effects on mood , releases endorphins and serotonin, plus theobromine which is probably good for peyronies, you can mix it with monk fruit or stevia.
theres also theobromine powder, i havent tried it but it might help with its cardiovascular effects, too much theobromine can lead to side effects.

Difficulties with a ketogenic diet - supplements with ox bile and enzymes with lipase thera-blend, you might find both in the same supplement, its advised to add pink salt.
Herbs like milk thistle/silymarin and burdock might help too

Decoction>tea - those herbs i mentioned above require decoction to get more benfits out of them,unless taken in powder or capsule form.
Decoctions are normally preferred for harder herbs like roots, barks, and seeds. It is helpful to grind or crush the whole root, bark, and seeds before preparing the decoction. This is prepared by heating the required quantity of herbs with water untill boil
i put milk thistle, dandelion root,ginger powder and licorice root
I then let the water cool down a bit and then add in the loose/grinded leaf(damiana, cat's claw, mint,green tea,rosmery)

Anti elastase vs anti collagenase - in that aspect white tea is superior to green tea it has both at the same ratio while green tea has more anti collagenase, burdock root is good for anti elastase.

Lactose - if you follow a ketogenic diet you might want to modify it even further, cut out dairy products, if thats too much for you, then you can keep ghee,butter and aged cheese, if thats still too difficult then switch cow milk products with goat milk products.

Fish - low mercury high omega 3 : mackerel, salmon , sardines, anchovies, herring.

dont use oils like canola and sunflower
Omega 6- nuts and seeds - limit nuts and seeds with high omega 6 as omega 6 can trigger the body to produce inflammation, this is more likely due to an overconsumption and not because they are inherently bad, its easy to get omega 6 and hard to get omega 3 yet they need to be kept in a somewhat proportional ratio, keep in mind that omega 3 from plant food(ALA) isnt readily absorbable.

, nuts with very little omega 6 are macadamia nuts(omega 7 which is good) and pili nuts,
seeds with lower omega 6 and high omega 3's are chia and flax seeds(possibly estrogenic) hemp seeds are fine too, on a side note, pumpkin seeds are loaded with zinc.

High altitude - again not a minor tweak actually a huge one, but if you are moving out, living in a high altitude and looking for a house to rent, il copy paste this for you
The amount of haemoglobin in blood increases at high altitude. ... However, there is a downside: when there is too much haemoglobin, blood becomes sticky and viscous and it is harder for the heart to pump the blood around the body. This happens in chronic mountain sickness.

Breathe - Open up your lungs, breathe from your nose into your Belly (diaphragmatic breathing), stop slouching, flex your scapula muscle to keep a good posture, stretch your lower back muscles and your hip flexors if you have anterior pelvic tilt, stretch your stomach if its tight, you might find videos of elliott hulse on this.

Deep breathe as an exercise and nurture your cells with oxygen either like a monk(faster inhalation slower  exhalation) to relieve stress or like wim hof(check mikhalia peterson podcast) to induce stress that supposesly shocks your system into an healing mode, or do both,
there are many types of breathing methods to explore,
Such as exhalation faster than inhalation(more energizing)
And many techniques to every method.

Indoor plants - have the ability to reduce stress levels and boost your mood, we are hardwired to respond positively to a natural enviorment

Let yourself cry and let your emotions out if you feel like it, theres nothing healthy about holding it in, unless you feel like its too much for you to handle, then you should consider professional treatment(unsuppressing emotions can be dangerous with patients with ptsd for example and its a long proccess )
Suppressing your emotions, whether it's anger, sadness, grief or frustration, can lead to physical stress on your body

Isolation - isolation is likely unhealthy for you, as hard as it might be to talk to someone, you might be lowering you chances of fighting this disseasse by shutting yourself in your room in the dark and dwelling on negative thoughts, you can even talk to people on this forum.
honestly, this is the hardest challange for me, im trying to occupy myself with a hobby, and spend time with my family who have no idea what im going through, the mental battle is exhausting, but i learned that if im depressed, then that means im not thinking straight, even as im writing this, my thoughts are telling me its ridiculous and i ought to delete it, but whatever.

Some guide with herbs : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5422695/?report=classic
 :-X

I've squeezed out all of my knowledge of overall health here
Feel free to share the weirdest knowledge you hold aswell.
Feel free to ask me anything.

Good Luck.

Curve mostly semi erect about 60 degrees, slight pain
Tried short & prolonged fasts, keto,carnivore, traction and most of the supplements.
Severe digestive issues, probably an autoimmune disorder

knowledge81

I'm sure some other people have read this excellent post; I just wanted to say thank you for sharing you knowledge.
Diagnosed: July 2020
Shape: 45° up (plaque on sides & top)
Treatments: ESWT
Supplements: L-Citrulline, French Maritime Pine Bark Extract.