Finding vacuum device to be really challenging and uncomfortable

Previous topic - Next topic

chris02124

Hello:

I was diagnosed with Peyronies disease several months ago.   About a 45 to 50 degree curve  / bend developed pretty much overnight, although I now realize that I felt the plaque build up over a year ago and didn't realize what it was.

I have just completed two cycles of xiaflex and have two more cycles scheduled.

I know different urologists suggest different additional therapies, but I am trying to stick with what my urologist has suggested:  using a vacuum (pump) every day for 15 minutes.

I tried an automated one and it hurt like hell near the base of my penis.

Then I bought the non-automated bathmate.  Expensive, but seemed worth it.

I am also finding it very uncomfortable and borderline painful in regard to the pressure on the base of my penis.  Is this normal?  Or I am doing something wrong?  

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding the best method and/or a device that has worked for you?

Thank you.

Chris

If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Hawk

I have not used a bathmate.  We NEVER recommend an automatic VED, however.

Is the pain associated with any injection site or plaque?  I cannot even imagine that a VED is a wise thing for several days after injection.  A VED will dray blood out of a fresh injection wound, and raw blood in any tissue can cause scarring.  For that reason, men are more likely to use traction with Xiaflex.  If you wait a few days after injections and use a gentle, gradual vacuum, then a VED might be fine.

You do not say whether the pain at the base is associated with plaque in that area or if the VED base is tight because of your girth.  Typically there should not be pain with VED therapy.

Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

chris02124

Thanks for replying.  I appreciate it.

The pain is at the base of my penis.  Feels like someone is grabbing it tightly and won't let go.  I know that is part of the process, but it has been super painful.

It is thicker than average, but I'm pretty sure these devices account for that.

I know you say not to use the automated one, but I gave it another try today and used the slow speed.  I also took out the plastic ring and just tried to get the seal with the rubber ring.  That seemed to leave a bit more room for the girth issue.  

Trying to stay positive.   This has whole thing has thrown me for a loop.   At first, it was bending to the right.  Now, half way through xiaflex cycles, it is bending UP at a much higher degree angle.   The thought of surgery scares me to death.

Thanks for listening.  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Hawk

Chris, buddy, it would really help if you would do a signature line. While we enjoy helping people, none of us enjoy typing  5 or 6 questions every time we respond.  Here is a link.
https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,10819.0.html

If you have mastered a delicate touch with the automatic VED, use it but be careful.  You should never feel pain with the VED.  Maybe some general tension and discomfort but never pain.  Measure your girth at the base and measure the bathmate.  It is difficult to know since I don't even know where your plaque or injections are etc., but the bathmate does not look like a unit that should hurt.

Also, do you have ED?  If not, I will move this topic to the VED board for Peyronies Disease.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums