Just started XIAFLEX and surprised!

Previous topic - Next topic

BrettC

After a year or more of searching for the right urologist, battling insurance, and COVID pauses I finally got the first injection of Xiaflex this past Friday.  

It was actually far less painful than I expected.  And I have almost no side effects at all.  No bruising, no tenderness... only noticed a small red bump or area at injection site for a day or two.  I think my curve is a little less severe, but hard to tell from just night time and occasional erections.  But so far so good!  

I think the shot actually hurt less than when they administered Trimix for the penile duplexing.  
52 years old
Diagnosed 5 years ago with an upward curve of 60-65 degrees.
Completed one full round of treatments with Xiaflex (8 injections)  Measured curve 40-45 degrees after that
Using Restorex and took oral medications as well (Pentox Cials)

Xavier99

Nice what was your curve degree pre shot?
35 yrs old
Onset 05/01/20 diagnosed 05/14/20. Taking Pentox, trental, multivitamin, Zoloft & Tylenol
Traction was painful and made it worse
Lateral plaque by glands 20 degrees left/ narrowing
Lost about 2cm length

BrettC

65 degrees pre shot.  No idea where I am now... but still have several rounds to go with shots.  4 in all I believe
52 years old
Completed one full round of treatments with Xiaflex (8 injections)  Measured curve 40-45 degrees after that

Xavier99

Cool. Keep us posted on the feed and good luck  
35 yrs old
Onset 05/01/20 diagnosed 05/14/20. Taking Pentox, trental, multivitamin, Zoloft & Tylenol
Lost about 2cm length

Positivevibes

Nice Brett! Just finished my first Xiaflex injection cycle (2 shots) last week (Wed & Thurs).

It's been a week now and my erections are still painful and sore. How's yours?
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

BrettC

Okay... just got the second shot of the first round.  Little bit of bruising this time, so we will see how things pan out.  I have not had pain with erections.  I am hoping for the best in that area...  
52 years old

BrettC

My plaque is dorsal or on the top side sort of 2/3rds up the shaft towards the head.  

As the day progressed for my second shot let me tell you.... MAJOR swelling and bruising.  I was shocked.  The first shot went so well and easy, I thought it would repeat.  But my body seems to now recognize something does not belong here.  Black blood blisters and severe discoloration all over.  Not pretty!  
52 years old

BrettC

I got some Lidacaine over the counter which is a numbing cream.  I usually put that on about 20 minutes before I get the shot.  Xiaflex is only one shot, and it is not really that painful.  It's quick, and feels about like any other shot really.  I have given myself testosterone shots and also had trimix injected, and both of those were more painful upon injection.  

The real thing to watch for are the after effects - later that day or the next.  I got a lot of bruising and some swelling.  It looked far more awful than it felt, but I had trouble bending over or sitting down that night.  

Traction right after Xiaflex is not going to happen... but they do instruct you to do some modeling stretches which are easy enough to pull off even in the bruised state.  
52 years old

Xavier99

Been curious if anyone if anyone ever sees a reduction in narrowing from Xiaflex. I was told it only helps curve but it seems hard to believe it doesn't reduce some tension there.
35 yrs old
Lost about 2cm length