Still in active phase - is it too early to start traction?

Previous topic - Next topic

Newpeyron

Hi eveyrone
my peyronies started around 4 months ago, when i started getting mild pain during erections.
Since then, i have seen a urologist and sexual health dr. I was diagnosed with Peyronies Disease and told to take medication.
i have been on Tadalafil (5mg) for a month.
About a week ago, an upward bend has started to form (probably 30 degrees). Pain has almost gone.

I saw my dr yesterday and he increased my tadalafil to 10mg and also receommended me to start using Restorex.

Since being diagnosed with Peyronies Disease, i have been super gentle with my penis so that it could heal, so im just wondering when is the best time to start traction? is there a good time or bad time? does it matter? obviously my biggest concern now is preventing it from getting worse, so im worried traction will make it worse.

any advice would be greatlty appfreciated.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

TonySa

The sooner the better, you want to halt the progression.  Maybe add pentox.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

bustedchubb

Yeah, I agree with Tony.  Sooner the better.  I waited way too long to start and babying it / resting it did not save it.
45 Yrs old, Peyronies Disease Onset 11/2019, Stabilized 6/2020.

Dent/Hourglassing distal and dorsal side, lost length and girth.

Underwent Plication with Dr. Brian Christine in Birmingham, AL on 6/17/2021. Fully recovered with no complications.

Xavier99

My pain was too much for traction.. for me even the slightest stretch hurt for days after. I noticed the most pain and narrowing after using it.  To each their own. I just waited it out and ended up w/ a 10 degree curve. I don't regret stopping when I did.  
35 yrs old
Onset 05/01/20 diagnosed 05/14/20. Taking Pentox, trental, multivitamin, Zoloft & Tylenol
Traction was painful and made it worse
Lateral plaque by glands 20 degrees left/ narrowing
Lost about 2cm length

bustedchubb

Very true, as well, every case is different and having severe pain is definitely a warning to stop always.
45 Yrs old, Peyronies Disease Onset 11/2019, Stabilized 6/2020.

Dent/Hourglassing distal and dorsal side, lost length and girth.

Underwent Plication with Dr. Brian Christine in Birmingham, AL on 6/17/2021. Fully recovered with no complications.

Newpeyron

Thanks for everyone's feedback. It's such a lonely scary world with Peyronie's. With no cure being such a mystery. This forum is truly lifesaver for some  :-[
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Asphyxia

I just started traction a week ago because i couldnt do it before, it was too painful and seemed to make things worse, so i fasted, took supplements did the wim hof method and started wearing thermal clothes  and wear 3 layers , sleeping with 2 blankets, pain is reduced and i do traction now and im paranoid af at all times, something Seemed to work for pain But not by a lot, idk what worked, maybe all of it
I use less tension than the manual instructs, otherwise it hurts, but i just wear it for longer
I often experience discomfort or sharp pain and then i try to pay attention and if it lingers i take it off, not sure if what im doing is right though
When i get pain while doing traction, sometimes it lasts like 10 seconds and goes away
Other times it keeps on building up while i wait for it to go away for a couple of minutes, i often regret waiting those 2 minutes.
Havent been doing it for long enough to know if traction makes things worse for me
But i guess i might be making thing worse when i try to put it on for too long right off the bat
Many people suggest using heat on your penis before traction, i put castor oil/ voltaren  
Curve mostly semi erect about 60 degrees, slight pain
Tried short & prolonged fasts, keto,carnivore, traction and most of the supplements.
Severe digestive issues, probably an autoimmune disorder