Xiaflex candidates

Previous topic - Next topic

anon1986

What do you guys think is the "ideal" candidate for xiaflex to work?

Is there a certain degree of curvature that is too much? I have around 45° lateral curve, and my plaque is close to a vein on the side of my penis. Obviously I'm planning on getting a urologists opinion but just wondering if this sounds like anyone else here?  
50° curve to the right at 33, narrowing, mild ED

implanted age 34 in 2021, Titan 20 cm + 1 RTE
Dr. Hakky

TonySa

Sounds like a good candidate for xiaflex.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

jan.schaller1958

Yes, Dr Lue told me 5 years ago if the plaque is concentrated in one spot (I don't recall him putting an angle on it) then the person is a good candidate for Xiaflex, because it's easy to inject right into it. So you do sound like a good candidate.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR RULE VIOLATIONS

Shane43

I agree with the above. You are a good candidate and insurance (in USA) should cover if bend is at least 30 degrees and in the stable phase of Peyronies Disease and not calcified. Bends greater than 60 degree may have less improvement and also may not be covered by insurance. So 45 degree seems the sweet spot....so to speak...and having a single plaque to inject is much easier. Even thought it is near a vein, it should be easy to avoid that.
62YO, hourglass indent/hinging at base 30deg bend up 3cmx2cm hard plaque at dorsal base. No ED. 3 rounds Xiaflex decreased plaque/indent/hinge/bend. 1 year later, penis went from 7.5 to 5.5 in, but only 15 degree bend and no hinging.

jan.schaller1958

Yes, I totally agree Shane.  
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR RULE VIOLATIONS