Healing From Excision and Graft

Previous topic - Next topic

thrownacurve

So, I underwent excision and grafting - along with an implant - almost 5 weeks ago. I am having less pain, but there is numbness in areas of the penis and discomfort if I manipulate it. It seems that it would be too distracting to orgasm, though everything is working and healed on the surface.

Anyone have a general timeline that I can expect more natural feeling in the penis? I see my Doc for a follow up this week and will ask her but I'm curious as to time frame from those that have underwent the excision/graft surgery. I know mine was not an easy fix, I was in surgery for close to 4 hours and had a full 90 degree bend upward, which was corrected to straight and I am about 1.5 inches shorter than pre-Peyronies, but I am told by the surgeon that I could reasonably gain back up to another inch over the first year.
60 Years Old, healthy and young for age, diagnosed 3 years ago. Verapamil by Levine, recommended for either plication or graft, but surgery cancelled. Abandoned hope for 2 years. Implanted AMS 700 CX October 2020. So far, so good.

TDix

The numbness will most likely be around for about 4-5 months as the nerves have to heal, but you will get your sensation back
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

thrownacurve

Quote from: TDix on November 15, 2020, 02:36:58 PM
The numbness will most likely be around for about 4-5 months as the nerves have to heal, but you will get your sensation back

Thanks Bro!  That makes me feel better. She mentioned the itching/burning feeling is a sign of healing and regeneration and was a positive thing, I need to slow my roll and give it time but I am really excited to reap some benefit from all the hassle.
60 Years Old, healthy and young for age, diagnosed 3 years ago. Verapamil by Levine, recommended for either plication or graft, but surgery cancelled. Abandoned hope for 2 years. Implanted AMS 700 CX October 2020. So far, so good.