Implant on Nov 17

Previous topic - Next topic

rojenner

Surgery to fix the bend did work, but left me with ED.  It just flops to the left and truly qualifies as a limp dick.    I 've not had any improvement at all.  Have been able to penetrate with the help of rings but it is way less than satisfying.   I want to thank all you who have posted about your experience with an implant.  I've been reading many and they have really helped me decide to go for an implant.  I feel prepared and what to expect.  My main apprehension is the pain but I'll just do my best to keep in front of it.  

I'm using John Ludlow in Holland, MI.  Based on what I've learned reading on this site and other YouTube videos (Dr. Perito, Dr. Eid), I wanted the Titan for the better firmness and girth.  My wife and I are expecting a much more interesting  Christmas this year!!  She likes to be on top and hasn't been for 3 1/2 years - nice present for her.
Age 65.  Peyronies started 2017.  No specific injury.  90 degree upward bend.  4 rounds of Xiaflex & Restorex. Cauterization and grafting on 12/9/19 - resulting ED.  Had implant 11/17/20 - Coloplast Titan 18 cm with 2cm RTE on right and 1.5cm on left

TDix

I hope for nothing but success for you and a truly great holiday season!😂
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

Stepone

Rojenner,

No surgery is easy and particularly for older men, as we tend to heal slowly.
BUT, let me tell you,  once you get past the pain, it gets better and better every month. I am at 19 months since my implant and my sex life just keeps getting better. I think the psychological issues have improved, whereas now, the implant truly seems like a part of my body....and I use it to the best of my ability. LOL
Be patient, read the journals so you know what to expect, and always feel free to contact the site for reassurance and/or concerns.
StepOne
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Roddy

Good luck, Rojenner. If your surgery goes well and according to plan, you'll hopefully look back on these dark times as being in the distant past. Like all of us that have come out the other side of implant surgery, you'll soon be enjoying the best sex you've had in years. Keep in touch with us all and let us know how you progress.
Aged 51 congenital curvature and then Peyronies onset, excision and grafting not successful,
Coloplast Titan implant on June 3rd, 2019 (aged 47) to correct a 90 degree bend
Dr. Mike Fraser - Glasgow, Scotland.

thrownacurve

Hey there Rojenner,

I am about a month ahead, implanted on October 12. I also had pretty invasive excision and grafting attendant to the implant so a little more healing etc. Won't say it was fun by any means, but nothing I couldn't get through, was able to get back to work in a week, could have really gone on day 4 if I had to.

Continue to read the journals, take comfort and gain knowledge from them and I wish you a completely successful and smooth outcome.  
60 Years Old, healthy and young for age, diagnosed 3 years ago. Verapamil by Levine, recommended for either plication or graft, but surgery cancelled. Abandoned hope for 2 years. Implanted AMS 700 CX October 2020. So far, so good.

rojenner

Hey Stepone, Roddy, TDix,  thanks for the words of encouragement.  I will keep my eye on the end result and fun to be had.  I will give you an update post-surgery.
Age 65.  Peyronies started 2017.  No specific injury.  90 degree upward bend.  4 rounds of Xiaflex & Restorex. Cauterization and grafting on 12/9/19 - resulting ED.  Had implant 11/17/20 - Coloplast Titan 18 cm with 2cm RTE on right and 1.5cm on left

rojenner

rojenner

I had the implant yesterday.  Doc told my wife everything went fine.  I don't know what size the Titan is yet, but will find out.  So far no real pain.  I'm taking prescribed Ibuprofen and Doc told me to take Tylenol in between.  I have Norco to use if needed.

I felt very comfortable with Dr. John Ludlow, and the hospital (Holland Hospital in Michigan) seemed very together and took care of me.  The operating room was a bit intimidating, but that did not last long.  Brad introduced himself and said he was putting something in my IV to relax me and out I went.  They gave me the option of a spinal but I wanted to be out of it.  

So far so good.  Makes for a boring story but that is what you want with a surgery.  I'm certain there are challenges ahead but I'll take things a day at a time.

bustedchubb

Good luck, man!  Hope all goes smooth as glass.
45 Yrs old, Peyronies Disease Onset 11/2019, Stabilized 6/2020.

Dent/Hourglassing distal and dorsal side, lost length and girth.

Underwent Plication with Dr. Brian Christine in Birmingham, AL on 6/17/2021. Fully recovered with no complications.

Stepone

Rojenner,
Good for you!
Funny, I don't even remember getting to the operating room and I was gone. I met with everyone prior to the surgery and the nurse said she would give me something to relax and I was gone before getting to the operating room.
I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear your progress.
You rock!

StepOne
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

SW01

Good luck. I hope you have a great outcome and heal quick and easy as many of us have had.

Fingers and toes crossed.
Dealt with ED, Peyronies, & venous leak for 3 yrs.
implant on March 7, 2019 w/ a Titan 18 cm plus 1cm RTE
Revision after hernia surgery. Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY
Removed Titan and put in LGX 18 cm plus 2 RTE's, 20 cm total.

rojenner

Thanks for the encouragement guys.  The only discomfort I have at the moment is from the partially inflated Titan - and it is very mild.  Felt my 3rd nut for the first time - kinda weird.   Now I want to use this thing...

rojenner

Had stitches removed today, and healing is progressing nicely.  Still have some swelling.  They recommended another week of healing and then I can begin to cycle.  If I am feeling good enough I could use it too.  See Dr. again in 2 weeks.  I'm pleasantly surprised at how little pain I have had.  I iced w/o break for 48 hours post surgery and started Ibuprofen and Tylenol regimen right away tapered off last week.

Dr. Ludlow implanted a Coloplast Titan 18cm with RTEs of 2cm on right and 1.5cm on left.  

I am grateful to be living in this era of medical technology.  If I was 65 in the 1950s I would legally blind due to cataracts, probably walking with a respectable limp due to a hip fracture and a useless willie.  We are very fortunate!!

Tortão Pra Direita

What surgery you did to fix your bend? Nesbit?
1993 born. Brazil.
Peyronies since Sep 2019.
Penis developed curvature, lots of plaque, loss of size and axial rigidity. Severe peyronie.
Mar/21 TEP + Titan Touch 20 cm + 1.5 RTE.

Surgery done by Dr. Marco Tulio Cavalcanti, in São Paulo.

rojenner

The surgeon de-gloved me and cauterized the plaque, and then took a vein from my leg and used that for grafting.  This surgery was successful as it straightened my penis, but left me with insufficient blood flow leaving me with ED. Not sure if this was from grafting or scar tissue (or both).

TonySa

Quote from: rojenner on December 01, 2020, 01:28:32 PM

I am grateful to be living in this era of medical technology.  If I was 65 in the 1950s I would legally blind due to cataracts, probably walking with a respectable limp due to a hip fracture and a useless willie.  We are very fortunate!!

Well put, I was born bow legged and was put in casts right away to straighten my legs,  also as a child almost died several times due to pneumonia second to asthma-but saved in the hospital, went septic from gallbladder and treated w antibiotics they thankfully have now, and of course treatment and implant reviving my sex life.

BTW, it seems a very good sign that your doc put different RTEs based on each sides different size and that the RTEs were small meaning doc maximized the implant size.  

Congrats!
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Stepone

Yes, some of us truly have been healed by modern medicine many times over. Without all the gory details, I was brought back to life more than once.
Congratulations on your equipment installation. Your recovery is amazing. I am wishing you the very best.
StepOne  

Hawk

Congratulations on the great progress.

As a note to others, as they say, "hindsight is 20/20.

If Rojenner had known he could have spared himself the hassle of one very significant surgery along with the risks and expense since an implant alone would have solved the problem.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

rojenner

Yes Hawk, that is possibly the case.  The Dr who did my first surgery, had told me before we started Xiaflex that I was not a candidate for an implant.  I was just not educated enough and at that point was optimistic that Xiaflex would work for me.  If I had connected with the right doctor and was presented the option to do the implant then, it is possible I would have taken it.  Would have come down to the Dr assessment of my chances for developing ED after the cauterization / grafting surgery.  

As I began to realize that my ED was permanent, I started reading.  I already had some misgivings about my first doctor.  He was not treating Peyronies in my opinion, on a wholistic basis.  He did his thing and that was it.  During Xiaflex treatment I learned about Restorex and asked him about it.  He did not know anything about it. Huh??  I went ahead with the surgery as he promised he would get me straight and he did.  In retrospect, I wonder if he already felt I would develop ED and would be back to him for an implant.  2 surgeries instead of one for him.  I'm not a cynical person but hmmmm...

Thanks to this forum I got educated.  I knew I needed to find a different surgeon.  I learned my original surgeon only used the AMS implant, and I wanted somebody who used both.  I found John Ludlow in Holland, MI and based on my experience to date, it was a good choice.  

Hawk

Great info Rojenner.

Keep us posted on a regular basis and may I suggest for the thousands that read this board that you post updates with a head like this right in the body of your post:

Post-op Day 25

rojenner

Day 21 Post Op

My appointment next week with Dr. Ludlow is slated to be for "activation."  Well, since this new apparatus is like getting a cool new toy on Christmas morning, I couldn't wait any longer to play with it and decided to have my own activation session on Sunday last.  We even took the Titan for a (gentle) test run.  

I pumped enough to have a firm erection but didn't want to overdo it.  I had some discomfort when inflated - nothing major but enough to affect enjoyment during the test run.  Plus I was focused a lot on being careful and just thinking about all this which distracts from the fun.  My wife and I were thrilled to have a hard normal erection after almost 3 years.  I have no doubt this will all settle in gradually after reading some of the journals in this forum.

Pumping was pretty straight forward.  Deflating was a bit more work but that went okay too.  During deflation pinching the skin caused slight pain.  I have some tenderness along the suture line so this was part of the reason for pain.   Nothing I can't tolerate.

The Doc might discuss cycling when I see him next week, but even if he doesn't recommend it I am going to do this at least once a day.  Just makes sense to me that it will help break-in the device and help the penis adapt to its new companion.

Unfortunately, we both have COVID.  My wife was tested on Saturday and we got the result yesterday.  I didn't test but I have very similar symptoms and of course we have not been isolating from each other so I am sure I have it too.  Our symptoms are mild but do include fatigue so we might not engage again for several days.  

All in, things are going very well.  Can't wait for the many fun days ahead!

Hawk

So is this the first you have inflated and deflated?  If so it is no wonder you were distracted.  I had sex at 21 days BUT I had been inflating and deflating since day 4 so my penis was at least accustomed to the stretching.  Everything becomes much easier in time, inflating, deflating, the flexibility of the deflated cylinders, small gains in size.  At 3 months it will just about seem like you but the deflated cylinders soften for at least a year so you see minor improvements past the 3-month mark.  Even though it is a little difficult to imagine now, you can actually bend your penis double when you deflate with NO penis discomfort or scrotum discomfort pumping or deflating.

I am a little surprised you did not have more trouble deflating.  I had only ever inflated and deflated in the tub up until day 21.  When I first had sex I had to run a hot bath and lay down to orient to the pump.  At that point, I stood up to and trained some hand muscle memory exactly how to place my hand immediately on the pump deflate standing or lying flat in bed.

I assume you had to hold the deflate button down as you squeezed your penis to deflate or were you lucky enough to get the Titan "one-touch" valve to lock open on your first try?

Stay strong and do NOT underestimate this virus.  It can slam you even after you think you are coming out the other side.

rojenner

Hawk, I did have to continuously hold the deflate button for it to work.  It is not deflated as much as I would like but I will get there.  I saw in your journal that doing the One Touch deflate was one of your goals and you achieved that after many attempts.  I'd like to get there too.

Hawk

Quote from: rojenner on December 08, 2020, 10:46:16 AM
I saw in your journal that doing the One Touch deflate was one of your goals and you achieved that after many attempts.  I'd like to get there too.

You remember well!  It was MANY months.  Some never get it and some within a week or so but I never saw anyone that got it in the first attempt.  The term "one-touch" is hysterically funny.  It requires a pair of vise-grips to press once and release until it gets broken in.

Roddy

Well done, Rojenner. I continue to enjoy reading your posts as you recover. The pain you experienced by piercing your skin is normal and to be expected. I remember the early days that you are at pretty well and remember the terrible pain of deflating - having to pinch the scrotum skin whilst pressing the deflate button. I'm pretty sure that 18 months later for me it hasn't got any less nippy, but rather I have learned to deflate much more efficiently and recognised early on in the process that the mild discomfort is more than sufferable when balanced against the sheer joy and fulfilment that the previous erection had just given me. So, in effect, I have just quickly learned to accept it. 😁

Great to hear about your progress. I do remember my own impatience when I had to wait for the green light. I couldn't stand it, ended up trying it out way ahead of schedule then panicked that I had maybe done some damage. It was all good and nothing to worry about.

Take care.  
Aged 51 congenital curvature and then Peyronies onset, excision and grafting not successful,
Coloplast Titan implant on June 3rd, 2019 (aged 47) to correct a 90 degree bend
Dr. Mike Fraser - Glasgow, Scotland.

rojenner

7 Weeks Post Op

Recovery has progressed very smoothly.  Never had any real pain.  I'm getting better with deflating; still have a bit of pain once in a while when the skin gets pinched, but it's quite tolerable.  My wife and I are having lots of sex and it is great to once again to have a straight firm erection.  It's downright a blast!  She just laughs at how much I want to use my reclaimed hardware.

One issue I have is the lack of orgasms.  I had 3-4 early on but none lately.  Not sure why.  Could be mental (trying to hard).  I do have some sensation loss on the underside of at the base of my penis where the incision was done.  I figure this will come back over time.  I'm keeping my outlook on the long term and not panicking.  If it persists I'll call the doc.  Not having an orgasm is not yet taking away from my enjoyment of our encounters.  My wife sure enjoys the extended sessions!

I also walk around with a semi hard-on which is a bit of a nuisance, yet at the same it makes me feel studley.  I've read on this forum that it should gradually ease up.  

So all-in, having the implant has been a wonderful thing for us.  My experience has been uneventful for which I am grateful.  I'm fortunate too that I just went on Medicare a few months ago so combined with Medicare advantage plan I'm on it will only cost me around $250.  First time I have ever benefitted from govt funds.

Stepone

Wow, you have made remarkable gains.

I am excited for you.

Yes, numbness gradually leaves over time. I had a Nesbit prior to which I believe did most of my numbness, but I continue to improve just like you...and it's been almost 2 years.

Congratulations and be patient, it will only get better.

StepOne

rojenner

6 Months Post-OP

I am completely healed and functioning like a normal male once again.  Hard and straight as before.  Lost a bit of length and gained a bit of girth.  I get some tumescence before pumping up.  I could not be happier with the result.  So glad I chose to have the implant.  My wife and I are enjoying sex as much as we ever have.  

I would just say to those that are thinking about having this done, do not be afraid, find an experienced surgeon and you will not regret the choice.  I feel blessed that this technology is available for guys that need this.  It is well worth the minimal discomfort you will have.

Stepone

What do you mean by tumescense?

...and yes totally agree!  

TDix

Tumescense means swollen, so basically he is saying he can still get aroused without pumping like I do.  I can basically get an erection when aroused without pumping, but it is not hard enough for penetration  
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE