Penile implant after androgen deprivation therapy

Previous topic - Next topic

shrunken_dick

Has anybody here got penile implant after going through androgen deprivation therapy for prostate cancer?  Even if you know somebody has gone through it please reply me back.  
29 year old. I was taking 400 Mg spironolactone to treat hair loss. Xanax withdrawal in combination with spironolactone shrunk my penis from 6" to 4".
I am seeking information about the sliding technique.

Hawk

I do not specifically know anyone that had both, but I know and know of many men who had one or the other.  As a prostate cancer survivor (Prostatectomy followed 5 years later with salvage radiation).  One factor in choosing an implant is even if I go on androgen deprivation therapy (ADT). I know that I can physically perform.  There certainly is no reason you could not get an implant after ADT.

The only question is, do you want one even though your sex drive might have been reduced.  If the answer is yes, then get one.  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

shrunken_dick

Quote from: Hawk on December 09, 2020, 10:59:52 PM
I do not specifically know anyone that had both, but I know and know of many men who had one or the other.  As a prostate cancer survivor (Prostatectomy followed 5 years later with salvage radiation).  One factor in choosing an implant is even if I go on androgen deprivation therapy (ADT). I know that I can physically perform.  There certainly is no reason you could not get an implant after ADT.

The only question is, do you want one even though your sex drive might have been reduced.  If the answer is yes, then get one.
Thanks for the reply. I have lost my erectile function and 1" length due to androgen deprivation. I was hoping that an implant can restore my 1" back.  
29 year old. I was taking 400 Mg spironolactone to treat hair loss. Xanax withdrawal in combination with spironolactone shrunk my penis from 6" to 4".
I am seeking information about the sliding technique.

Hawk

If you have indeed lost 1' at full hard erection you might gain all or a portion of that back with a VERY good surgeon who does a high volume of implants.  If you are measuring loss based on a poor erection the gain could be immediate.

The best way of measuring since it is consistent regardless of erection quality or weight gain or loss is Bone Pressed Stretched Flaccid Length (BPSFL).  Mouse over the abbreviation for an explanation. Get a firm stretch so there is no variation from time to time.

If regaining size is a major concern for you (pretty typical with most men) then I  would immediately start traction and VED while researching implant basics and finding a top surgeon.  The more you can gain prior to implant the larger implant you are likely to get which gives a base to start with.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums