So how exactly are these machines supposed to work?

Previous topic - Next topic

Manticore82

After about a year of using VED (which appears to have helped in one area) and traction (which made it a little worse in other areas), I decided to try an ESWT device at home recently.

I've been trying to educate myself about what the best device is and how to use it, but detailed information is painfully lacking.

Currently, this is the machine I've tried, exactly once:
https://images.app.goo.gl/QeY4gqPcBaKC1r4t5

But I have no idea if this thing is even legit or not. It just appears to shoot a metal piece in and out against your skin, or against a silicone piece that is against your skin, which obviously is fairly painful in the effected areas. Is this right? Is that what eswt is supposed to be doing, pushing a metal pin/plunger directly against the skin to create the shockwave? Because it feels a little off. I was under assumption that the only contact would be acoustic waves that are transmitted via gel or oil, but after thinking about it some more I figured actually making direct contact with the plunger maybe wasn't too strange and perhaps was necessary to break up that scar tissue. It just seems a little...violent.

It didn't appear to do any damage and the pain eased up a tad after a couple minutes of use, but I'm not going to sit here and smack myself in the dinger with a metal rod twice a week if it ain't doing anything good, especially if it might be doing more damage.

Any illumination on this would be greatly appreciated.  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Tobyg

I was intrigued with Shockwave, and PRP, but from the comments I read, they say it doesn't work or even got worse.

I improved an area with traction, improved many symptoms temporarily but then it hardened again, even more than before. I thought I had already found the solution in a moment.

I did not test the VED, I will consult on that.

I'd like to find fibrosis researchers and see if there is hope, in the short term, for a new treatment
32 years,injured at 25.
Slight curve, narrowing and retraction in flaccid and semi-erect.
Loss of sensitivity due to peyronie and circumcision  moderate erectile dysfunction, pain.
I improved the pelvic floor with kinesiology.
Frequent urination.

AlterEgo

Quote from: Manticore82 on November 02, 2020, 05:29:24 AM
After about a year of using VED (which appears to have helped in one area) and traction (which made it a little worse in other areas), I decided to try an ESWT device at home recently.

I've been trying to educate myself about what the best device is and how to use it, but detailed information is painfully lacking.

Currently, this is the machine I've tried, exactly once:
https://images.app.goo.gl/QeY4gqPcBaKC1r4t5

But I have no idea if this thing is even legit or not. It just appears to shoot a metal piece in and out against your skin, or against a silicone piece that is against your skin, which obviously is fairly painful in the effected areas. Is this right? Is that what eswt is supposed to be doing, pushing a metal pin/plunger directly against the skin to create the shockwave? Because it feels a little off. I was under assumption that the only contact would be acoustic waves that are transmitted via gel or oil, but after thinking about it some more I figured actually making direct contact with the plunger maybe wasn't too strange and perhaps was necessary to break up that scar tissue. It just seems a little...violent.

It didn't appear to do any damage and the pain eased up a tad after a couple minutes of use, but I'm not going to sit here and smack myself in the dinger with a metal rod twice a week if it ain't doing anything good, especially if it might be doing more damage.

Any illumination on this would be greatly appreciated.

The machine you describe does not sound like shockwave at all sounds like a micro-needling machine. I posted a great video in a prior thread fdrom Dr. Goldstein about true shockwave therapy check it out.  
42 male
main symptoms are hollow feeling shaft
scar tissue on corporas shown on ultrasound
Loss of girth, weak flaccid skin sensitive