Can traction cause peyronies

Previous topic - Next topic

IO2020

I have a slight congenital curve that ive been trying to lesson with traction, did 3 days traction at 4 hours and have been in alot of pain since has been 6 days now, this pain can be felt throughout my penis, and it burns al little when i urinate like there's inflammation. Just wondering if i could have potentially caused long term damage or peyronies and shall i take any preventive measures. When would I know im in the clear.

Thanks guys
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

TonySa

Traction must always be approached slowly.  It's unlikely you've done any permanent damage.  Wait for the pain to go away and if you restart traction do so very slowly.  What degree of cogenital curve do you have?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

IO2020

Thank you, for your quick response appreciate it, i have a 15-20 degree curve to the left. Ive heard about the many benefits of traction so thought id give it a try. But ive been in alot of pain from over doing it. I know peyronies is caused by trauma and the body's faulty healing process so i now fear i could
Make my curve worsen and worst cause scenario give myself peyronies as ive since read some story of trauma from using devices leading to peyronies, should i take preventative measures?. Thank you for you responding  

Olive

When I first came this forum I said that my curvature started when I injured my penis while masturbating. Now that I think about it, that was not the cause. I always had very mild congenital curve to the left and decided just for fun to do some manual traction and see if I could get rid of the curve. After the traction my penis was really hurting bad, I would wake in the middle of the night in pain, it was bad. After I did manual traction I got 90 degree curvature to the left. I think what happened is I broke some tissues and now that those tissues are broken my penis lost it's "shape". I'm starting to think I don't have peyronie's, just this hopefully temporary tissue remodeling phase.  

IO2020

90 degree curve is a very big curve id  get that checked out if i was you as it may need immediate treatment . How long after the traction did your increase in curvature show. Pain and a big incline in curvature doesn't sound good. Ive had my curve since birth . I thought that if i lengthened the shorter side it would make my penis straighter, but obviously ive injured myself so im fearing the worst as im in alot of pain and know people with peyronies.  

Olive

I did get it checked out and the doctor just said I'm fine, it will heal over time. If I remember correctly the curvature started right the next day after traction. It's not 90 degrees anymore, just about 30 degrees. I'm doing VED twice a day and traction about four hours a day, I hope this doesn't prevent the healing. I don't like doing nothing and just waiting, so I decided I will continue doing VED and traction and see what will happen over time. I don't have any plaques, dents or calcifications. Also I don't have any pain anymore, not even when I masturbate.

TonySa

From 90 down to 30 degrees in what timeframe?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Olive

Quote from: TonySa on October 30, 2020, 10:44:50 PM
From 90 down to 30 degrees in what timeframe?
In 1-2 months. Like I said, I don't think this is Peyronie's in my case, I just damaged my penis tissues and now I have to wait for it to heal.