Will implant result in further loss of length or restore length lost?

Previous topic - Next topic

Pixie1002

Hi all.  I'm beginning to struggle and finding it hard to penetrate due to loss of length of 2 inches due to contracted graph following Lue procedure.  I also find it difficult to maintain an erection, which is suspect is physiological.

As a last resort I may look into implants, but it will be pointless if it results in any further loss of length.  In fact I was hoping that the surgeon could remove the previous graph and large areas of plaque, meaning that I may actually regain some of my previous length.  Is this possible, or should I expect further length loss?
Age 47, incision and grafting surgery in May 2019 to correct 90 degree upward curve.  Post of residual curve of 40 degrees.  Partial ligament separation and skin anchoring December 2019 to correct daily discomfort - without success

Tortão Pra Direita

AFAIK, you won't lose more length. Actually, an implant prevents more loss.

Regarding recovering length and girth, I can't give you an exact answer. I've heard surgeons saying that you need to do a reconstructive surgery before (but in the same surgery) implementing an implant if you want to recover size.
I must warn you that these kinds of surgeries (Egydio Technique, MUST technique) are delicate and you need a high volume surgeon! There aren't many of them in the world. If I remember correctly, MUST technique is the newest one, published in 2017.

On the same hand, I've seen people here on the forum happy cause they recovered size just by the implant.  
1993 born. Brazil.
Peyronies since Sep 2019.
Penis developed curvature, lots of plaque, loss of size and axial rigidity. Severe peyronie.
Mar/21 TEP + Titan Touch 20 cm + 1.5 RTE.

Surgery done by Dr. Marco Tulio Cavalcanti, in São Paulo.

Roddy

Hi

Well I'd say that I didn't lose any length with my implant. More specifically, I'd say that Peyronies cost me lost length rather than an implant being the cause. Pre-Peyronies I used to measure 7.5 inches in length but with a very bad bend down the way. I definitely injured my penis and then Peyronies set in. Over a period of 2 years I started to almost shrivel up. The decision to have excision and grafting surgery was, in hindsight, a dreadful thing. I had a large plaque removed that took a full inch off my length. By the time the implant went in, I was down to 5.5 inches in length so had lost 2 inches through Peyronies and a failed excision and grafting. By daily cycling for about 6 months, for a solid 30 mins to one hour, at night, I recovered an inch in length and am now 6.5 inches. That's the longest I'll be but compared to what I was after surgery, I quietly happy and content. I hope this helps you.  
Aged 51 congenital curvature and then Peyronies onset, excision and grafting not successful,
Coloplast Titan implant on June 3rd, 2019 (aged 47) to correct a 90 degree bend
Dr. Mike Fraser - Glasgow, Scotland.

Roddy

I actually copied and pasted this from a reply to a direct question I was asked yesterday in an email. Amazing coincidence that the same question was asked again today by another member. Obviously a very worrying topic for members.  
Aged 51 congenital curvature and then Peyronies onset, excision and grafting not successful,

Tortão Pra Direita

Quote from: Roddy on October 30, 2020, 11:59:42 AM
By daily cycling for about 6 months, for a solid 30 mins to one hour, at night, I recovered an inch in length and am now 6.5 inches. That's the longest I'll be but compared to what I was after surgery, I quietly happy and content. I hope this helps you.

Cycling is pumping the implant to its full extension, right? So you recovered length just by doing that. Did you recover girth?
This is very interesting. I'm wondering if reconstructive surgeries are actually necessary.  
1993 born. Brazil.
Peyronies since Sep 2019.
Penis developed curvature, lots of plaque, loss of size and axial rigidity. Severe peyronie.
Mar/21 TEP + Titan Touch 20 cm + 1.5 RTE.

Surgery done by Dr. Marco Tulio Cavalcanti, in São Paulo.

thrownacurve

I am going to ask my surgeon what technique she used, but I was implanted 18 days ago. I regained significant length over the Peyronie's shrinkage, but the most unbelievable was the restoration of girth. Absolutely as big as prior to Peyronie's - I am not sure I am not even a little larger girth.

Full disclosure, of course there was a reconstruction and grafting performed as part of the surgery, not just the implant.

Nowhere to go from here but up, right?
60 Years Old, healthy and young for age, diagnosed 3 years ago. Verapamil by Levine, recommended for either plication or graft, but surgery cancelled. Abandoned hope for 2 years. Implanted AMS 700 CX October 2020. So far, so good.

TonySa

The Titan has the most girth of implants, so I think many gain girth from their natural state w an implant.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Pixie1002

Thanks for the reply guys.

I am so scared of further surgery as every operation I have had has been less than satisfactory.

I could not afford to lose any further length or intercourse would be near impossible, so the operation would be pointless.

I need to wait and see how current pain during erections settles down.  I think I may now be around 45 degrees up, and 30 degrees left.  

There seems to be no end in sight  
Age 47, incision and grafting surgery in May 2019 to correct 90 degree upward curve.  Post of residual curve of 40 degrees.  Partial ligament separation and skin anchoring December 2019 to correct daily discomfort - without success

Stepone

I would set up a visit with Dr. Mike Fraser - Glasgow, Scotland.  He is the surgeon that helped Roddy. If I knew what I know now, I would not have suffered so long.

StepOne
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Roddy

I could not agree more. Michael Fraser works out of Glasgow Royal Infirmary. He has a private practice at Nuffield Health, Glasgow. I have copied the web address details here. I'm sure, regardless of where you are in the UK, you would be able to contact him remotely for an initial consultation rather than have to travel long distance. However, I've no idea what the current restrictions are due to Covid.

https://www.nuffieldhealth.com/consultants/mr-michael-fraser

Good luck.

Roddy

Pixie1002