Protocol Question

Previous topic - Next topic

Enigmatic

Hello and pardon my ignorance as I am sure this topic has been discussed at some point. However, I have read the protocols, VED Board highlights as well as miscellaneous protocol question threads and still have some questions. I am a bit confused over how far you are supposed to pump while doing the protocol. For example one of the protocol states to pump to 20%, then 30%, then 50% erections for five minutes each. Is this just starting out or ongoing? Additionally I have read many users state that they pump to 100% and hold it a short amount of time. I have also come across a message where Old Man had stated one does not need to pump to 100% but am not sure if I read that out of context. I want to be very conservative with this treatment so I like the idea of not having to go to 100% out of an abundance of caution however, I also think that perhaps to reach the full therepeutic value for VED, one must fully "stretch" the scar tissue which would not be possible if pumping less to 100%. Is this correct, or can you achieve the same results by pumping less than 100%? Additionally, curvature is not as much of a problem for myself, it is mostly indentations and narrowing. Given that's the case would a one cylinder pump be just as effective as a three cylinder for those issues? Thank you in advance for any clarification or guidance you can provide.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

TonySa

You do not need to pump to 100%, especially if you wish to proceed w caution.  Up to 50% brings in sufficient blood to heal plaque to healthy tissue.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Enigmatic

Thanks for the reply Tony. I guess the thing that I am still unclear on is whether or not there is additional benefit to using VED if NOT pumping to 100% that getting a normal erection would not provide. I understand that part of the benefit of VED is bringing in blood flow to heal tissues etc. But if one is not pumping to 100% and not "stretching" the tissue, would they not be getting the full benefits? I am hoping to "remodel" scar tissue in order to fill out indentations and narrowing but am not sure if this would be possible by just bringing in blood flow from partial pumping, but rather would need to get that full 100% stretching action to incur remodeling of tissue. The crux of my confusion is that I do not see how partial pumping, or pumping to a semi-erection, would provide benefits that a normal erection would not provide. If anyone is able to clear this up for me, it would certainly be much appreciated. Thanks again.

TonySa

It helps by bringing fresh blood in several times over one session.  An erection only brings it in one time.  It's not to stretch and physically remodel the plaque but to do so by bringing in freshly oxygenated blood.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

loumw77

Tony, thanks so much for explaining about the oxygenated blood and that its not the stretching that is needed. It makes perfect sense now. I've also been a bit confused by the protocol advice on 30%-50% instead of going to 100%.

Enigmatic

Thanks again Tony, your insight is helpful. I have read numerous anecdotes of people on this forum having been helped by VED therapy and would love to hear anyone chime in with the specific protocol they used (holding times, how far they pumped etc) as that information is less often provided when someone mentions they were helped by the therapy. Also, given that indentations is more my issue and curvature less so, would the 3 cylinder unit not be necessary in my case? From what I can gather, the smaller cylinders main utility are to help "straighten" as one pumps, is that correct? Many thanks.