Just started Xiaflex treatment and I'm really nervous

Previous topic - Next topic

pen fifteen

I got my first injections today and I'm going back for the second set in 3 days. Feeling okay right now, dick just feels a bit sore. But I have been putting off this treatment for 2 years now so it's good to finally bite the bullet. I have a few questions/concerns

1) I am terrified of a corporeal rupture. I know that's why they say avoid sex/masturbation for 4 weeks. But what worries me more is something else causing that. Like a nocturnal erection. If i get a nocturnal erection I may immediately jump in a cold shower to not risk that. Does simply having an erection increase risk of rupture?

2) Is it really four weeks of no sex/masturbation? Seems like a long time and I thought I heard them say 2 weeks a couple years ago. Of course, with my paranoia I know it's not worth the risk. but i'm curious to know how long guys here have waited to re-engage in that.

3) anything else to avoid? any other tips on getting through this?

Reeeeally hope I don't have to go through more than 2 rounds of this. I have about a 30 degree upward/left curve, so we will see.
31 y/o. 30 degree upward, and slightly leftward curve. 3 rounds of Xiaflex completed and praying I don't have to do anymore.

bwg

Hello and good luck.
   I just finished my second round. In each case the first injection had resulted in some discomfort at the injection site and some very minor bruising. However after each second shots there was a lot of swelling and bruising. Its was not and is not  a pretty sight. Fairly sore with a pain level of around a 2 so all in all very tolerable. I'm also using RestoreX traction which I will lay off for 3 weeks then start again. As far as night time erections don't lose a lot of sleep over it. I have had them..got up to pee...and they went down. Your fine as long as you don't roll over on it , as my Doctor said. Do not yet know the results of the second round as I just finished a day ago. The first round gave me about a 5-7 degree correction down from 30 degrees so I say its worth it so far. Hope your doctor has a lot of experience as that is the key to correctly injection's.
Good luck again
age 68 Diagnosed with Peyronies 3/2020. 30 degree up and 20 degree left curvature. Happened overnight. Looking to start Xiaflex treatment shortly.

john.doe.550

pen fifteen,
I know it is difficult, but let your mind rest.  

1) You do not need to be terrified or even a little afraid of corporeal rupture -- as long as you do not pounding sex or rough masturbation.  Can tell you, even after Xiaflex injections and while still swollen, I'd have nocturnal erections and emissions.  Nothing ruptured and I realized if my body did this on its own, it's ok.

Sometimes it helps to have more like 5 to 7 days between injections to allow pain and swelling to subside.  This is my routine practice.  

2) Is it really 4 weeks of no sex/masturbation?  How long is a human life?  How long is a human adult life? Is 4 weeks truly a large % of either of these answers?  No.  Minimize your risk. It won't kill you. However, if you want to masturbate to ejaculation, then do it gently.   As stated above, my body did it by itself.  

3) Other things to avoid include are activities that increase discomfort.  You may not want to wrestle, ride bicycle, surf, play basketball.
But, if you do these things, you are not increasing risk of damage.  In the beginning of xiaflex treatments, I didn't want anybody or anything near me because: A) I was in constant pain and the injections caused more pain, and B) initially, the chemical didn't sit well with my body.  After a bunch of injections, A & B were no longer issues.

Age: 65. Peyronies Disease in MAR 2019. 90 dgree upward curve.. Immediate &  severe. Xiaflex, APR 2019 to early 2021, slow but minor improvement through 2021. Incisional corporoplasty surgery completed in late 2022.

Shane43

I agree with John Doe, just be careful. I probably was a little too quick to masturbate, but I just waited for the pain and bruising to subside (1 week after first injections, 2 weeks after 2nd series and 4 weeks after 3rd series) and did it gently. I just wanted my penis hard - my own form of modeling...I did not suffer any problems and only once did I stop due to pain. But again, I think John has good advice.
62YO, hourglass indent/hinging at base 30deg bend up 3cmx2cm hard plaque at dorsal base. No ED. 3 rounds Xiaflex decreased plaque/indent/hinge/bend. 1 year later, penis went from 7.5 to 5.5 in, but only 15 degree bend and no hinging.