Question on Collagenase

Previous topic - Next topic

PeyroniKirai

I'm in Japan and posted my history previously on the Introduce Yourself board.  One year from discovering a dent and a bend, no significant worsening but no improvement.  Been taking Vitamin E orally (400 units/day) for nine months.  Japanese uro had me take Tranilast, a Japanese drug which has some results with certain types of keloids.  I took it for 3 months with no effect.  Now the uro says the best thing for me is collagenase injections, but collagenase is not available in Japan.
 Does anyone have any information on how I could purchase collagenase for personal use?  The uro says that if I can get it, he can do the injections. Of course I won't do anything illegal, but if there is a legal way to obtain the right kind of collagenase I would be interested in hearing from other PDS forum members.
Age 64, Peyronie's history 4 years, left side hourglass, 20-degree bend to left, no ED

Shane43

I don't think you will be able to obtain it without prescription in country that has approved it's use (like USA). And it is very very expensive unless health insurance pays for it. But if you search for Xiaflex, you will find their website and contact information and perhaps they can tell you the status in Japan. https://www.xiaflex.com/  Tranilast is an antiallergic used mostly for asthma, but is an anti-inflammatory that may be useful in early stage Peyronies Disease. I am not aware of any medical studies using it to threat Peyronies Disease.
62YO, hourglass indent/hinging at base 30deg bend up 3cmx2cm hard plaque at dorsal base. No ED. 3 rounds Xiaflex decreased plaque/indent/hinge/bend. 1 year later, penis went from 7.5 to 5.5 in, but only 15 degree bend and no hinging.