Medical negligence - has anyone brought a successful claim

Previous topic - Next topic

Pixie1002

Hi all

Has anyone made a successful claim for medical negligence against a surgeon or hospital for a failed operation?

As I have posted before, my incision and grafting procedure has left me with around a 2 inch loss in both erect and flaccid length, and a 45 degree residual curve.  I believe this to be a result of the graft contracting as i left the hospital with no dressing, as it fell off within a couple of hours and I was told it didn't need to be replaced.  I was not informed to take any daily tadalafil, or do any gentle stretching.  

I was also told that circumcision would not impact sexual function or feeling, whereas it has definitely impacted sensitivity.

I have spoken to one solicitor, but there seems to be a lack of precedent for such a case, specifically relating to peyronie's.

I just wondered if anyone else had had success, particularly in the UK, or maybe my case is unique.
Age 47, incision and grafting surgery in May 2019 to correct 90 degree upward curve.  Post of residual curve of 40 degrees.  Partial ligament separation and skin anchoring December 2019 to correct daily discomfort - without success

peter123

i cant help you but i hope youll be able to sue these people our of business
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR REPEATED RULE VIOLATIONS He never had Peyronies Disease but has body dysmorphia and his pastime was to attack all treatments, medical resources, and opinions.

jan.schaller1958

Check with consultant solicitor Laurence Vick. A very nice guy and good lawyer. I didn't know he retired in January 2020. He was once in Exeter, but I'm not sure where he is now. But at least he'd help with a good referral. Laurence Vick | Medical Negligence Expert – Just another WordPress site

He never represented me for anything, of course, but I know a couple people he represented several years ago.  
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR RULE VIOLATIONS

Pixie1002

Age 47, incision and grafting surgery in May 2019 to correct 90 degree upward curve.  Post of residual curve of 40 degrees.  Partial ligament separation and skin anchoring December 2019 to correct daily discomfort - without success

jan.schaller1958

You're welcome Pixie 1002. You'll like Laurence if you ever get to talk with him. He's a great guy and very nice man.  
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR RULE VIOLATIONS

L.arnold

If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

shikhakim

Bringing a claim for medical negligence can be a complex process, and it's not uncommon for there to be a lack of precedent in certain cases, such as yours related to Peyronie's. However, it's important to note that every case is unique and it's worth discussing your concerns with a qualified solicitor who has experience in medical negligence cases.
It's also worth noting that sexual assault cases have been taken to court, and it is not uncommon for the victims to seek compensation for the physical and emotional trauma caused by the assault. If you feel that your sexual function or feeling has been impacted as a result of the surgery, you may want to consider discussing this with your solicitor as well.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

JustAGuy2020

I am in the USA and similarly had a failed incision / grafting procedure.  I asked a couple of attorneys about bringing a malpractice suit but neither thought it was possible.
55 y/o, Peyronies Disease onset 2018, diag 2/19.
Pentox failed, Ref to U-Michigan, doppler showed 45D right curve and 80D dorsal w hinge effect.
Incision/grafting/plication at U-M 9/20 failed.
Implant / graft repair with Dr Levine (Chicago) 9/21, successful so far