Peyronies Society Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Dedicated volunteers needed for special assignments and to serve as moderators.
https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,14736.0.html

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A New Chapter Begins Tomorrow - An Implant Journal  (Read 1634 times)

SW01

• Solid Contributor
Re: A New Chapter Begins Tomorrow - An Implant Journal
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2020, 03:13:58 PM »

Fantastic news. You will get more and more used to it for sure. While different at over 18 months implanted, it is just no big deal anymore to me.

When we travel, no pumps, no pills, no waiting, no nothing. Want it hard, just pump it up. And no more dealing with fin peyronies. Straight, hard period.

Best.
I was implanted March 7, 2019 with a titan 18 plus 1 rte after dealing with Erectile Dysfunction, peyronies, and venous leaks for 3 yrs. Revision after hernia surgery. Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY removed titan and put in lgx 18 cm plus 2 rtes, 20 cm total.

thrownacurve

• Voting Member
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2020, 07:45:16 PM »

Fantastic news. You will get more and more used to it for sure. While different at over 18 months implanted, it is just no big deal anymore to me.

When we travel, no pumps, no pills, no waiting, no nothing. Want it hard, just pump it up. And no more dealing with fin peyronies. Straight, hard period.

Best.

Thanks my friend!! I am really looking forward to it. Right now, its just going slow since I want to be back to the new "normal". Today for example, for some reason it felt like the pump was pulling at the base of my penis all day, not really painful per se, but just aggravating. Then I took off my clothes, did my cycling, and took a good hot shower, now it is like I can't even feel anything extra, feels just like normal. Not complaining, I'm glad it does, but sheesh, go figure.
60 Years Old, healthy and young for age, diagnosed 3 years ago. Verapamil by Levine, recommended for either plication or graft, but surgery cancelled. Abandoned hope for 2 years. Implanted AMS 700 CX October 2020. So far, so good.

thrownacurve

• Voting Member
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2020, 02:01:09 PM »

6 weeks and 2 days from implant and excision/graft reconstruction.

I had a follow up last week. I was told everything is healed, the pump is properly positioned and I am cleared for sex. I wish my surgeon let others know because I have no relationship so I will have to find a partner to test it out. I am concerned because sensation is definitely diminished though I am told it will return by 3 months or 6 at the very outside and the nerve bundle was not damaged so she has absolute confidence I will get back to normal. I still have discomfort in the penis which I don't know if it is from the implant or the reconstruction but I don't think I would finish right now as it is lessened sensation and discomfort together. I still have intermittent soreness around the pump and the base of the penis, especially when the scrotum tightens. Also seem to have some self inflation but my surgeon believes this is due to a failure to fully deflate. I am finding it seems when it is partially inflated I need to squeeze the bulb and pop out the deflate button and then I can deflate fully. Not a huge thing but I will figure it out.

Has anyone with an implant or reconstruction - or both like me - still had some significant discomfort after 6 weeks that subsequently resolved?  I would be reassured to hear if that's not hugely uncommon.
60 Years Old, healthy and young for age, diagnosed 3 years ago. Verapamil by Levine, recommended for either plication or graft, but surgery cancelled. Abandoned hope for 2 years. Implanted AMS 700 CX October 2020. So far, so good.

TDix

• Major Contributor
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2020, 02:10:59 PM »

Not uncommon at all.  Excision and grafting alone can take up to 5 months or more to fully heal and for sensitivity to return.  Add in an implant and healing will be slow, but I’m confident you will get back to normal.  Hang in there!
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed, xiaflex resulted in a fracture (original uro), excision/grafting surgery 3/26/19 performed by Dr Faysal Yafi, Implanted 8/11/20 by Dr Yafi, Titan Zero degree 20cm + 1cm RTE

Stepone

• Major Contributor
  • Peyronies Disease Survivor
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2020, 03:01:57 PM »

ThrownACurve
It’s been 18 months for me and I still have “ouches”, when my jeans pull on my pump or even just an occasional random pain for no reason at all.
But who cares? LOL, I don’t as it’s just the way it is.
I have a shoulder implant too and there are days that are bad, but the rewards are far greater.
Numbness has been a problem for me too. I think it was a result of the Previous penis surgery and not the implant, but it has gotten better over time. It continues to improve slowly and as I said at 18 months.
Yes, not having someone to try it out on is a problem.
I can’t help you with that one, but it will happen.
Maybe you need to try out Tinder or Friendfinder and find a playmate?
If there is a will, there is a way.
StepOne
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

thrownacurve

• Voting Member
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2020, 05:04:29 PM »

ThrownACurve
It’s been 18 months for me and I still have “ouches”, when my jeans pull on my pump or even just an occasional random pain for no reason at all.
But who cares? LOL, I don’t as it’s just the way it is.
I have a shoulder implant too and there are days that are bad, but the rewards are far greater.
Numbness has been a problem for me too. I think it was a result of the Previous penis surgery and not the implant, but it has gotten better over time. It continues to improve slowly and as I said at 18 months.
Yes, not having someone to try it out on is a problem.
I can’t help you with that one, but it will happen.
Maybe you need to try out Tinder or Friendfinder and find a playmate?
If there is a will, there is a way.
StepOne

Thanks Bro, that makes me feel better for sure. The numbness is from the degloving and has even improved from last Friday's appointment so I am pretty confident in it resolving. The discomfort is not constant - today is much better than yesterday. It is almost as if the pump gets in a position and pulls everything and creates pain.

This is where professional sex surrogates should be accessible. I used to see it as an excuse for prostitution but it could really be beneficial to me.  I don't want to find someone and not have an idea what to expect but I guess at some point it will just be the time. I have never had problems finding women but this set of circumstances will take all my resolve. Onward and upward.

thrownacurve

• Voting Member
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2020, 05:15:00 PM »

Not uncommon at all.  Excision and grafting alone can take up to 5 months or more to fully heal and for sensitivity to return.  Add in an implant and healing will be slow, but I’m confident you will get back to normal.  Hang in there!

Thanks a lot T. It helps a lot when guys in the trenches that fought this battle provide reassurance. I trust the Docs mostly, but their opinion on some things just is not quite as helpful.

thrownacurve

• Voting Member
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2020, 09:43:28 PM »

Nine weeks out from my 12 OCT excision and grafting with implant procedure.

So...

The pain is resolved to pretty much occasional discomfort. I can not even feel much other than my "heavier" penis for a couple days, no discomfort from the pump at all. Then, for no reason I can discern, the pump gets into a position that it pinches or stings against the scrotum or inside, either the end of the bulb pushing out or one of the corners of the cement block sized deflate button block seems to dig in. Luckily this is less painful and less often and I am hoping it eventually goes more toward the good days. Sleep is better, rarely get awakened by the between the thigh pressure any more and am able to regularly sleep on my side as usual. Sensitivity is increasing regularly, I met a girl shortly after being cleared. We used a condom as kind of a one nighter, I could not reliably feel that I was inside and could not orgasm from sex, but she manually brought me to orgasm. About a week ago we met again, this time I was able to achieve orgasm from sex and felt slightly more sensitivity. I am confident without a rubber I will be able to feel entry and climax well. It was pretty amazing in general to be able to be inside a woman again, I think it makes all the BS worth it. Got on my Harley and rode, it is ok and the seat position is ok with the pump, that was a big relief as riding is a big part of who I am. I continue to cycle pretty much daily, the pumping is easy and very little pain, the holding down of the deflate is a small sting still, but not terrible by any means. The worst part is I need to grab the shaft and glans and push back into my body to fully deflate, that is a bit uncomfortable occasionally, particularly after sex because I was a bit sore, but really no big deal.  The second incidence of intercourse was great and I actually had zero discomfort, pump bites or anything for the next few days. It took some intense work to get there and it was almost like that freed everything up. Go figure? 

I guess the hardest part at this point is knowing I can fire at will and I don't have a steady relationship to use it as much as I want to right now. Hope everyone is well and safe and has a great Christmas and holiday season. I will continue with a few more updates, doesn't appear to be getting much interest but may answer questions for someone in the future.

PFOC

• Voting Member
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2020, 10:12:41 PM »

Great updates, thanks for keeping us posted.

TDix

• Major Contributor
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2020, 10:21:19 PM »

Awesome news!  It’s true, once are “fixed” no one really pays attention here anymore.  That’s fine, one more brother fixed is good in my book.  Happy holidays
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed, xiaflex resulted in a fracture (original uro), excision/grafting surgery 3/26/19 performed by Dr Faysal Yafi, Implanted 8/11/20 by Dr Yafi, Titan Zero degree 20cm + 1cm RTE

Hawk

• Bionic Penis 22cm Titan - Dr. Eid 8/7/18
  • Administrator
    • Peyronie's Disease
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2020, 12:00:28 AM »

It should go without saying but any sense of the pump in the scrotum will completely vanish and have no concern, you can ride motocross if you want when this is healed.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 68 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Stepone

• Major Contributor
  • Peyronies Disease Survivor
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2020, 04:25:07 PM »

ThrownACurve,
Sounds like you are doing well.
I would think about going back and reading our journals.
I think you will find you are right on mark.
It takes months and months to be totally pain free and it’s been a month by month accumulation of regaining more sensitivity.
I am about 18 months in and still can get a fantom pain from time to time.
BUT, who cares? My sex life continues to get better and better.
Be patient my friend,
StepOne
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

pfract

• #whateverittakes
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2020, 05:11:21 PM »

Happy holidays Thrownacurve. Seems you had the best present possible. Who knows once this coronavirus thing goes away you will get into a relationship with somebody new. Hang tight and good luck.

Thank you for sharing your updates with us.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up