A New Chapter Begins Tomorrow - An Implant Journal

Previous topic - Next topic

SW01

Fantastic news. You will get more and more used to it for sure. While different at over 18 months implanted, it is just no big deal anymore to me.

When we travel, no pumps, no pills, no waiting, no nothing. Want it hard, just pump it up. And no more dealing with fin peyronies. Straight, hard period.

Best.  
Dealt with ED, Peyronies, & venous leak for 3 yrs.
implant on March 7, 2019 w/ a Titan 18 cm plus 1cm RTE
Revision after hernia surgery. Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY
Removed Titan and put in LGX 18 cm plus 2 RTE's, 20 cm total.

thrownacurve

Quote from: SW01 on November 16, 2020, 03:13:58 PM
Fantastic news. You will get more and more used to it for sure. While different at over 18 months implanted, it is just no big deal anymore to me.

When we travel, no pumps, no pills, no waiting, no nothing. Want it hard, just pump it up. And no more dealing with fin peyronies. Straight, hard period.

Best.

Thanks my friend!! I am really looking forward to it. Right now, its just going slow since I want to be back to the new "normal". Today for example, for some reason it felt like the pump was pulling at the base of my penis all day, not really painful per se, but just aggravating. Then I took off my clothes, did my cycling, and took a good hot shower, now it is like I can't even feel anything extra, feels just like normal. Not complaining, I'm glad it does, but sheesh, go figure.  
60 Years Old, healthy and young for age, diagnosed 3 years ago. Verapamil by Levine, recommended for either plication or graft, but surgery cancelled. Abandoned hope for 2 years. Implanted AMS 700 CX October 2020. So far, so good.

thrownacurve

6 weeks and 2 days from implant and excision/graft reconstruction.

I had a follow up last week. I was told everything is healed, the pump is properly positioned and I am cleared for sex. I wish my surgeon let others know because I have no relationship so I will have to find a partner to test it out. I am concerned because sensation is definitely diminished though I am told it will return by 3 months or 6 at the very outside and the nerve bundle was not damaged so she has absolute confidence I will get back to normal. I still have discomfort in the penis which I don't know if it is from the implant or the reconstruction but I don't think I would finish right now as it is lessened sensation and discomfort together. I still have intermittent soreness around the pump and the base of the penis, especially when the scrotum tightens. Also seem to have some self inflation but my surgeon believes this is due to a failure to fully deflate. I am finding it seems when it is partially inflated I need to squeeze the bulb and pop out the deflate button and then I can deflate fully. Not a huge thing but I will figure it out.

Has anyone with an implant or reconstruction - or both like me - still had some significant discomfort after 6 weeks that subsequently resolved?  I would be reassured to hear if that's not hugely uncommon.  
60 Years Old, healthy and young for age, diagnosed 3 years ago. Verapamil by Levine, recommended for either plication or graft, but surgery cancelled. Abandoned hope for 2 years. Implanted AMS 700 CX October 2020. So far, so good.

TDix

Not uncommon at all.  Excision and grafting alone can take up to 5 months or more to fully heal and for sensitivity to return.  Add in an implant and healing will be slow, but I'm confident you will get back to normal.  Hang in there!
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

Stepone

ThrownACurve
It's been 18 months for me and I still have "ouches", when my jeans pull on my pump or even just an occasional random pain for no reason at all.
But who cares? LOL, I don't as it's just the way it is.
I have a shoulder implant too and there are days that are bad, but the rewards are far greater.
Numbness has been a problem for me too. I think it was a result of the Previous penis surgery and not the implant, but it has gotten better over time. It continues to improve slowly and as I said at 18 months.
Yes, not having someone to try it out on is a problem.
I can't help you with that one, but it will happen.
Maybe you need to try out Tinder or Friendfinder and find a playmate?
If there is a will, there is a way.
StepOne
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

thrownacurve

Quote from: Stepone on November 27, 2020, 03:01:57 PM
ThrownACurve
It's been 18 months for me and I still have "ouches", when my jeans pull on my pump or even just an occasional random pain for no reason at all.
But who cares? LOL, I don't as it's just the way it is.
I have a shoulder implant too and there are days that are bad, but the rewards are far greater.
Numbness has been a problem for me too. I think it was a result of the Previous penis surgery and not the implant, but it has gotten better over time. It continues to improve slowly and as I said at 18 months.
Yes, not having someone to try it out on is a problem.
I can't help you with that one, but it will happen.
Maybe you need to try out Tinder or Friendfinder and find a playmate?
If there is a will, there is a way.
StepOne

Thanks Bro, that makes me feel better for sure. The numbness is from the degloving and has even improved from last Friday's appointment so I am pretty confident in it resolving. The discomfort is not constant - today is much better than yesterday. It is almost as if the pump gets in a position and pulls everything and creates pain.

This is where professional sex surrogates should be accessible. I used to see it as an excuse for prostitution but it could really be beneficial to me.  I don't want to find someone and not have an idea what to expect but I guess at some point it will just be the time. I have never had problems finding women but this set of circumstances will take all my resolve. Onward and upward.  

thrownacurve

Quote from: TDix on November 27, 2020, 02:10:59 PM
Not uncommon at all.  Excision and grafting alone can take up to 5 months or more to fully heal and for sensitivity to return.  Add in an implant and healing will be slow, but I'm confident you will get back to normal.  Hang in there!

Thanks a lot T. It helps a lot when guys in the trenches that fought this battle provide reassurance. I trust the Docs mostly, but their opinion on some things just is not quite as helpful.  

thrownacurve

Nine weeks out from my 12 OCT excision and grafting with implant procedure.

So...

The pain is resolved to pretty much occasional discomfort. I can not even feel much other than my "heavier" penis for a couple days, no discomfort from the pump at all. Then, for no reason I can discern, the pump gets into a position that it pinches or stings against the scrotum or inside, either the end of the bulb pushing out or one of the corners of the cement block sized deflate button block seems to dig in. Luckily this is less painful and less often and I am hoping it eventually goes more toward the good days. Sleep is better, rarely get awakened by the between the thigh pressure any more and am able to regularly sleep on my side as usual. Sensitivity is increasing regularly, I met a girl shortly after being cleared. We used a condom as kind of a one nighter, I could not reliably feel that I was inside and could not orgasm from sex, but she manually brought me to orgasm. About a week ago we met again, this time I was able to achieve orgasm from sex and felt slightly more sensitivity. I am confident without a rubber I will be able to feel entry and climax well. It was pretty amazing in general to be able to be inside a woman again, I think it makes all the BS worth it. Got on my Harley and rode, it is ok and the seat position is ok with the pump, that was a big relief as riding is a big part of who I am. I continue to cycle pretty much daily, the pumping is easy and very little pain, the holding down of the deflate is a small sting still, but not terrible by any means. The worst part is I need to grab the shaft and glans and push back into my body to fully deflate, that is a bit uncomfortable occasionally, particularly after sex because I was a bit sore, but really no big deal.  The second incidence of intercourse was great and I actually had zero discomfort, pump bites or anything for the next few days. It took some intense work to get there and it was almost like that freed everything up. Go figure?  

I guess the hardest part at this point is knowing I can fire at will and I don't have a steady relationship to use it as much as I want to right now. Hope everyone is well and safe and has a great Christmas and holiday season. I will continue with a few more updates, doesn't appear to be getting much interest but may answer questions for someone in the future.

PFOC

If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

TDix

Awesome news!  It's true, once are "fixed" no one really pays attention here anymore.  That's fine, one more brother fixed is good in my book.  Happy holidays  

Hawk

It should go without saying but any sense of the pump in the scrotum will completely vanish and have no concern, you can ride motocross if you want when this is healed.  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Stepone

ThrownACurve,
Sounds like you are doing well.
I would think about going back and reading our journals.
I think you will find you are right on mark.
It takes months and months to be totally pain free and it's been a month by month accumulation of regaining more sensitivity.
I am about 18 months in and still can get a fantom pain from time to time.
BUT, who cares? My sex life continues to get better and better.
Be patient my friend,
StepOne
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Pfract

Happy holidays Thrownacurve. Seems you had the best present possible. Who knows once this coronavirus thing goes away you will get into a relationship with somebody new. Hang tight and good luck.

Thank you for sharing your updates with us.

thrownacurve

It was about 7 months ago, on October 12 I presented at a nearby hospital, met with my stunningly attractive, brilliant, talented and very empathetic surgeon, was put out like a light and woke up with a new life.

I have not written for a while, but I thought I would update. Would I do this again? Hell yes, best decision I've ever made. I can't even imagine I weighed the option of being a sexless, ashamed and bitter man. I am very glad I did not go with the excision and graft only option as who knows what the future would have held, and when ED may have reared its head, or even worse, the demon of Peyronie's would have returned? I have a straight, completely functional male sex organ. I am around an inch or so less than pre-peyronie's and much longer and with the girth of the lower shaft, which had morphed into a ridiculous stem, completely restored. I would defy anyone to identify me as implanted by visual alone. My surgeon is one talented Doc, she did the entire procedure via a sub-coronal incision that has left absolutely no scarring beyond the circumcision scar I have had since an infant.

I was worried about sensitivity as I experienced some numbness and inability to feel penetration or to orgasm early on. As of now the sensitivity is as good as it ever was, no difference whatsoever. When I get turned on there is some residual erection, I had asked her as I felt this early on, she told me it was a possibility. It doesn't really move the needle other than I can see some slight inflation in girth and the glans does inflate. However, once pumped, I have an erection that feels very natural to me at this point.

The large Boston Scientific pump was initially a source of some aggravation, it seemed to take a while to settle in and not suddenly pinch painfully. I can report now that it is mostly a non-issue, only very occasionally tweaks me and that is resolved with a little pulling and rearranging. I actually like how easy to manipulate it is, I was in the truck and like a teenager a date and I began getting frisky. With a convertible bench seat and the ability to pump right through my pants I didn't even have to mention and she didn't notice. Though, it was after a wedding and she did have a couple drinks in her. LOL.

I have to reiterate most of the other implantee's view now: if you are despondent (I was), if you feel you are less of a man (I did), if you worry about the ability to ever function sexually or have a relationship again (like me) and if you are scared shitless of the procedure and the outcome (as was I), read the journals, look inside yourself and be aware that you do have a very good chance at a whole new outlook. I am so sorry for anyone having to contemplate this, as Peyronie's is a psychologically devastating and rotten freaking disease. I wish no man would have to walk through the torment I did, exacerbated by being a single guy that had never lacked for partners and companions and now had to turn hermit.

However, if this is you, and it was me, take heart, consider your options and if you so choose, be bold and never look back. It can be better. It really can. I am living proof. I am happy, content, strong, virile. I am a man again.

TDix

Awesome post!  I am so happy for you.  Congrats!

Hawk

WoW!  You said that about as directly yet eloquently as it can be said.  

Thank you and congratulations.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Stepone

ThrownACurve

Congratulations for your new life and thanks for sharing such a beautiful testimonial.

StepOne  

Roddy

A brilliant update, Thrownacurve. Well done and Amen to all my of what you said.  
Aged 51 congenital curvature and then Peyronies onset, excision and grafting not successful,
Coloplast Titan implant on June 3rd, 2019 (aged 47) to correct a 90 degree bend
Dr. Mike Fraser - Glasgow, Scotland.