injecting into the outer layers of the shaft

Previous topic - Next topic

pey ron

There's a doctor that injects pentoxifylline close to your plaque in the penis.

I don't understand him:
-1- piercing through the tunica will cause more trauma
-2- the cavernous bodies have a high blood flow, so the pentoxifylline will not stay locally but rather go systemically

I want to inject verapamil, pentoxifylline and enalaprilat close to my plaque, but without piercing through the tunica.

I am thinking of pulling up the skin on my shaft and while making it in the shape of a camping tent, inject inside that little tent. This way the solution should sit between the skin and the buck's fascia - just one shim layer above the tunica.

What would be the risks with this approach?
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

Pfract

I know this is going to sound offtopic, but trust me that it is still related. Have you read the peyronies most recent comprehensive review by Dr. Lawrence levine? on what works and doesn't to treat peyronies?

pey ron

the one from 2013?

I would like to know if there's any risk if I inject into a teepee of skin.

Will the drug not be drained fast enough and stagnate for too long and cause issues?
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
relationship status, etc

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

projectpd

Unlike a tent there wouldn't be any space. How would you avoid injecting into the skin on the opposite side of the 'tent'?
All the agents need to be sterile, non pyrogenic as they say,so may have to bought as suitable for injection.
The agents might still not penetrate the bucks fascia.
Presumably you thought about injecting into the plaques but not through the tunica would be too risky? The main risk that would put me off is hitting a nerve as the penis nerves are attached on the tunica on the dorsal side, but that would apply to the Dr Levine studies where he used a 25 gauge needle because a higher gauge might break. . I tried a 31 gauge needle and it can easily penetrate a thick leather watch strap. If it did break i guess it would be in the middle (weakest point) and could be remove with some pliers.
Have you looked into iontophoresis instead?
Age 57, Onset 2010, 2" shortening, shrinking and angulation of glans, weaker erections, 30 degree bend. Mild pain few months, but far from worst symptom. Tried many ideas, not just from here, but not consistently. Moderate improvement, maybe 40%

pey ron

I'd be injecting on the side, not dorsum. And yeah, I am under the impression that even though there's no adhesion between the skin and the buck's fascia, there is no air either. In other words, it seems like there's a vacuum. So, as you mentioned, it wouldn't quite make a teepee, but instead the needle would get in and out in a very short travel distance :(

What if I injected in the fat of my pubis really close to the base of my shaft? Maybe a subcutaneous injection stays more local and gets less dispersed systemically?

I know the stuff needs to be non-pyrogenic. I am not dissolving it myself. I am buying vials that are meant for injection, although they are meant for endovenous injection.
relationship status, etc