Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ALL Members PLEASE Add a Signature line with age, history etc
PROFILE -> FORUM PROFILE -> SIGNATURE
More instructions here -> Signature Line - History - Peyronies Society Forums

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Phoenix!  (Read 750 times)

lanyc

• Voting Member
The Phoenix!
« on: October 07, 2020, 07:32:03 PM »

Anyone grab one yet?  Pitching it as a great way to help/cure Peyronies Disease. It was on sale yesterday!  But would love to know some opinions. Thx

AlterEgo

• Voting Member
Re: The Phoenix!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 04:29:51 AM »

Anyone grab one yet?  Pitching it as a great way to help/cure Peyronies Disease. It was on sale yesterday!  But would love to know some opinions. Thx

I didn't know it was on sale.  I imagine it will take some time to use before seeing plaque reduction.  I do believe shockwave is a part of teh future of therapy as these shockwaves can break apart the plaques with other diseases.  However I know gainswave is not true shockwave, only acoustic wave and doctor Goldstein said gainswave is a shame.  Must use true shockwave.  But I imagien if used often and over time this could help.  Has anyone called the company? Heck I have spent more in supplements would love to get some feedback on someone who has tried this for a few months

pey ron

• Major Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 05:36:48 PM »

what was the sale price? The full price right now is $849.00
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

TonySa

• Think Tank
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 10:55:04 PM »

Shockwave has not shown any promise w Peyronie’s.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

AlterEgo

• Voting Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 06:07:35 AM »

Shockwave has not shown any promise w Peyronie’s.

No posting disinformation here TonySa I am not sure how studied you are on shockwave, I am years in studied of shockwave.  Please delete false information.  Just a 10 second google search will show you. And this was in 2016, more advancements and clinical trials since then  For example "LiESWT remains a useful and valid minimally invasive treatment option for men with Peyronies Disease who have failed conventional medical therapy and are not keen to undergo surgical intervention. In a carefully selected group of men with Peyronies Disease, LiESWT appears to be safe, has moderate efficacy in improving penile curvature and pain, and is associated with high level of acceptance and patient satisfaction rate." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4893523/

Bachelek

• Voting Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2020, 07:59:12 AM »

Few years ago I had a treatment with Shockwave for Dupuytren in my hand from a official therapist.
NO SUCCES, waste of money!
63 yr, 30deg leidt curve.

TonySa

• Think Tank
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2020, 04:24:19 PM »

Alter, from your article:

Comparative studies between LiESWT with other treatment modality showed that LiESWT is not superior to other options (1,11,12) and when used in combination with other therapeutic options such as intralesional injection or tadalafil for men with Peyronies Disease and Erectile Dysfunction, there were improvements in erectile function score and quality of life score while the plaque size and curvature were unchanged (24).

Basically it says it MAY prove helpful in a very small subset of patients: acute phase, young men w only a slight bend...
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

AlterEgo

• Voting Member
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2020, 06:54:56 AM »

The new protocol is to do it with erect penis everyone is doing shockwave in flaccid state is not going to get same results.  acoustic impedance

TonySa

• Think Tank
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2020, 04:07:18 PM »

Well, at its best it seems to be in its infancy and is very expensive.  If one could easily afford it-great, just add other strategies with better current outcomes.

stopthismadness

• Voting Member
  • 33 minor fract/Erectile Dysfunction in 04,uro caused peyronies in 08
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2020, 02:47:59 PM »

this seems interesting, but upon further reading it seems that it's not quite the same as real shockwave therapy; if it's like the gainswave it uses acoustic waves even though they still market it as shockwave it's not true shockwave. Still, I would be willing to try it if I could afford it, anything at this point really if it doesn't cause more harm.

AlterEgo

• Voting Member
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2020, 06:13:32 AM »

Wish someone would buy it so we know if any improvement.
Pages: [1]   Go Up