Should we be looking to dermatology for answers?

Previous topic - Next topic

AlterEgo

Seems like dermatologists have done much more advances for scar tissue as this is a cosmetic request many of their patients seek help for.  Can we benfitit by looking into some of their methods like mirco-needling, laser therapy, cryotherapy?  Any experiences going to a dermatologist for help with plaque reduction? Thoughts?  
42 male
main symptoms are hollow feeling shaft
scar tissue on corporas shown on ultrasound
Loss of girth, weak flaccid skin sensitive

peter123

Issue is tunica albuginea is not normal skin, it's much thinner and it's also below other tissue so micro needling would be impossible. It has been noted that in trials with interferon for example, just putting a needle with saline into the plaque creates statistically significant improvement due to expansion of the scar. But this is not very meaningful. Lasers and radiation therapy have been tried but also not very successfully. I think the porblme is that the tunica is much more elastic and thinner and also inside the body
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR REPEATED RULE VIOLATIONS He never had Peyronies Disease but has body dysmorphia and his pastime was to attack all treatments, medical resources, and opinions.

Tobyg

my experience with urologists and dermatologists is not good, but it is always good to look for other options, cryotherapy intrigues me.

find something motivating here ?, is current:
https://www.urotoday.com/recent-abstracts/men-s-health/peyronie-s-disease.html?acm=_7225&start=0

it seems that someone is studying the disease. although I have read 2007 forums getting excited about mother cells.
32 years,injured at 25.
Slight curve, narrowing and retraction in flaccid and semi-erect.
Loss of sensitivity due to peyronie and circumcision  moderate erectile dysfunction, pain.
I improved the pelvic floor with kinesiology.
Frequent urination.

alec

I had the same thought, but didnt contact a dermatologist yet.  
30yrs, diagnosed in feb. 2018 after possible injury (not sure), 4 plaques, 4 dents, S-surve, 30° right/45° up curve, tingle in the legs, sometimes penile pain an depressed.

projectpd

Hyaluronic acid injections have been studied with better results than verapamil here https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28718527/

I read of a canadian clinical trial trying laser therapy.

Injection technique called fanning (believe used in filler injection) claimed superior for collagenase injection.

Microneedling would have to puncture through the overlying layers and there are the dorsal nerves attached to the tunica(lying above it). Plus assuming the scar responds in the same way as a dermal scar.

HIFU hasnt been studied for peyronies. But there affordable devices. I have one . if moving it continuously it's painless, but if not moving it burns. Very curious.
Age 57, Onset 2010, 2" shortening, shrinking and angulation of glans, weaker erections, 30 degree bend. Mild pain few months, but far from worst symptom. Tried many ideas, not just from here, but not consistently. Moderate improvement, maybe 40%

AlterEgo

Quote from: projectpd on September 24, 2020, 01:19:33 PM
Hyaluronic acid injections have been studied with better results than verapamil here https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28718527/

I read of a canadian clinical trial trying laser therapy.

Injection technique called fanning (believe used in filler injection) claimed superior for collagenase injection.

Microneedling would have to puncture through the overlying layers and there are the dorsal nerves attached to the tunica(lying above it). Plus assuming the scar responds in the same way as a dermal scar.

HIFU hasnt been studied for peyronies. But there affordable devices. I have one . if moving it continuously it's painless, but if not moving it burns. Very curious.
someone else on this site recommended laser therapy.  How would one go about this?  go to a wellness center and say I need the laser therapy you offer on my dick?
42 male
main symptoms are hollow feeling shaft
scar tissue on corporas shown on ultrasound
Loss of girth, weak flaccid skin sensitive